Author Topic: Polearms....  (Read 6377 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Polearms....
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 11:12:08 pm »
+1
It isn't dependant on the person's footwork, while staggered they cannot move so it's not their fault. Even without the perfect stun where you net yourself a free hit you can move around the back and hit again without the person being able to turn around in time. I would check with Paul for whether complete stunlock is possible (a guaranteed hit after the first). 

It definitely gets more frequent the faster the weapon becomes, my GLA does stunlock on the odd occasion, but its not rage inducing because its not consistant at all. Personally removing polestagger won't really affect my playstyle, but warspear users/hafted blade users will be at a disadvantage compared to other weapon users.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 11:12:30 pm »
+1
Dezi if your down swing is chambered by a 2h stab then thats blockable because it's slow, overhead is unblockable in crpg from another 2h. It was the other way around in native stabs chamber blocked by a stab was unblockable, but that was fine because stab chamber blocks are pretty easy to re-chamber. The main problem is that the GLA seems to 1 hit kill most stuff. But my main problem is the glaive, 160 range and a backpedaller is just stupid. Leave them alone is fine unless they have a crossbow or they will come back and hit you in the back later.

I am on no "crusade", I am just tired of everyone saying 2handers are OP when quite clearly they haven't seen how crap they are against polestun.

It is possible to net yourself a free hit with the GLA, Tor has done it to me a few times. Warspear/hafted blade users should not have to rely on polestun to win, it should be a capable weapon in it's own.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:13:58 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »
+1
I also must add that polearms also have the versaitility of having the same WPF as a lance user, which shouldn't concern a full polearmer but is very versatile for cav. This should be compensated for too in some way.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 11:23:46 pm »
+1
Dezi if your down swing is chambered by a 2h stab then thats blockable because it's slow, overhead is unblockable in crpg from another 2h. It was the other way around in native stabs chamber blocked by a stab was unblockable, but that was fine because stab chamber blocks are pretty easy to re-chamber. The main problem is that the GLA seems to 1 hit kill most stuff. But my main problem is the glaive, 160 range and a backpedaller is just stupid. Leave them alone is fine unless they have a crossbow or they will come back and hit you in the back later.

Yeah an overhead chamber from a fast weapon may prove unblockable so what? Nice to have something to end the endless duels at times.

As for backpeddallers - just leave them alone or facehug them to death, sure the hardcore ones are annoying and you may need to block a couple of times before you're in range but remember that if he's backpeddaling, you're the one with the power to disengage. This is very important to remember in battle.

I am on no "crusade", I am just tired of everyone saying 2handers are OP when quite clearly they haven't seen how crap they are against polestun.

Don't listen to the whining friendly archers and cav  :wink:

2h aint OP.

It is possible to net yourself a free hit with the GLA, Tor has done it to me a few times. Warspear/hafted blade users should not have to rely on polestun to win, it should be a capable weapon in it's own.

Yes polestun is bs, and yes we all want it removed but it is apperently not possible atm. Also - proper hilt slashes can get you "free swings" aswell.

I also must add that polearms also have the versaitility of having the same WPF as a lance user, which shouldn't concern a full polearmer but is very versatile for cav. This should be compensated for too in some way.

Yah, this I can agree with, but I don't think pole inf should suffer just because cav have an easier time hybriding with pole, you with me?

I dunno what's possible with WSE, but maybe have a seperate wpf collumn for lances, pikes and 2 att dir poles?

Hmm... I dunno :p
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:26:55 pm by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 11:27:38 pm »
+1
yeah 2h may not have polestun, but those castor swing happens way too often

also, from what i hear about the legendary Tor, hes like the best GLA player in existence. Since i'm the only person in NA that actually uses the GLA consistently, and considering that i'm not that good, i'd say that i'm a better example of a GLA in action compared to a "tor"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:29:29 pm by Thucydides »

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 11:32:32 pm »
Well Paul said it is possible to remove polestun in TS, it's just whether the devs want to, they can change the chance to pole stagger to 0 for no pole stagger.

I am unfamiliar with the term "castor swing", what is it?

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 11:38:00 pm »
Well Paul said it is possible to remove polestun in TS, it's just whether the devs want to, they can change the chance to pole stagger to 0 for no pole stagger.

I am unfamiliar with the term "castor swing", what is it?

its when a 2h or a lesser extent polearmer "hiltslashes" you right after another attack thats blocked. Breaking the block, attack, block paradigm.

i am seeing this more and more now, sort of annoying.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 11:40:25 pm »
its when a 2h or a lesser extent polearmer "hiltslashes" you right after another attack thats blocked. Breaking the block, attack, block paradigm.

i am seeing this more and more now, sort of annoying.

Nah, 'tis fun :D

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 11:52:38 pm »
+1
Advise to you, drop the block you hit,  they hit block stuff. That is not the way it works now, with left swing block and right swing hit stuff. It's always been that way, even with poles because overheads are so slow and it is doable via footwork.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 01:01:59 am »
+1
Perhaps I was a bit ambitious, it's hard to see whether it's the polestun tipping the weapon over the edge of balance or the stats itself, perhaps it would be better to remove polestun first and then see what needs balancing.

Offline Phoenix

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Spinnin' and winnin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Phoenix
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 02:26:15 am »
Take polestun from all the spammy Polearms and keep it on the slower ones.
It's not always about winning. It's about spinning.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 09:48:28 am »
im the back peddling glaive user u so hate lol who has a little bit of points in cav to troll that lol 8-). idk it doesn't seem all the bad seeing how a lancer is simply a pole arm on a horse so it shouldn't b a point of argument. im spamy 2 btw lulz
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 09:50:31 am »
oh wait i didn't add to the thread at all  :oops:, to be honest even if they did take out polestun there would still be spamy polearms like myself still being the same problem i doubt anyone would see the difference

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 11:28:47 am »
The problem with some of the more spammy poles are their animations, Phase made a glaive wielding polearm guy and essentially just spun around like a madman. The way a polearm animation works is that much more of the animation is spent in chambering the weapon than a 2hand (this is what makes chamber blocking much easier for poles), so if held the swing animation is horrifically fast. With spin, the animation can be so glitchy it can hit you before looking like it has been released. I don't know which weapons this occurs with, I just know that it does for the glaive since I have never seen a tornado user on any other polearms.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 11:41:25 am »
um idk what u mean i have not seen any blademaster pole arms running around doing using blade storm