Author Topic: Horse Speed + Acceleration  (Read 16019 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Horse Speed + Acceleration
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2011, 12:36:04 pm »
+1
Played my lancer yesterday, and I wonder why you're whining about this? If you play your class right, it shouldn't matter much at all.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2011, 12:41:19 pm »
As far as k/d goes, no it doesn't really, just changes the whole role of cavalry in a cRPG battle. Like Smoothrich said, good cav would have addapted, but it was a pretty big change, much more than, for example, the jump shot removal which was barely a nerf.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2011, 12:48:21 pm »
As far as k/d goes, no it doesn't really, just changes the whole role of cavalry in a cRPG battle.

Eh... no, it doesn't. You should still be the shock troop dealing with unawares, taking down tunnel visioned players and bumping/couching/thrusting the ones that's engaging your team. Low risk - high reward style of play.. That's what cav was about. It still is.

Also, the jumping wasn't a too harsh archer nerf. I can agree on that. :wink:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:49:54 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2011, 12:54:54 pm »
So, I heard that riding was only a req but that they then changed it again.

So riding gives a bonus again but just a smaller one?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2011, 01:00:18 pm »
Eh... no, it doesn't. You should still be the shock troop dealing with unawares, taking down tunnel visioned players and bumping/couching/thrusting the ones that's engaging your team. Low risk - high reward style of play.. That's what cav was about. It still is.

Also, the jumping wasn't a too harsh archer nerf. I can agree on that. :wink:

For noob cav, maybe. No offense. You don't see the oxymoron between "shock troops" and "taking down unawares"?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:01:20 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2011, 01:00:47 pm »
Played my lancer yesterday, and I wonder why you're whining about this? If you play your class right, it shouldn't matter much at all.

In all fairness this thread was created with the first nerf, which was very heavy. They then made it a bit better again. And you only just played so of course it's not as noticeable.

Now I haven't started up crpg yet today, but I assume it's still the same as it was when I went to bed  :P

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2011, 01:02:50 pm »
In all fairness this thread was created with the first nerf, which was very heavy. They then made it a bit better again. And you only just played so of course it's not as noticeable.

Now I haven't started up crpg yet today, but I assume it's still the same as it was when I went to bed  :P

I think he is talking about the first nerf. If he's talking about the current one, I can barely tell the difference between that and the way it was before any nerf on acceleration. So no reason to whine. Maybe because the first one was so bad.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2011, 01:05:59 pm »
I think he is talking about the first nerf. If he's talking about the current one, I can barely tell the difference between that and the way it was before any nerf on acceleration. So no reason to whine. Maybe because the first one was so bad.

The first nerf was playable on some maps. But a slight hill and it was pretty rough. But yeah there is very small difference now. Top speed seems to be down a bit but acceleration is good.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2011, 01:07:24 pm »
hello guys let me tell you a little story about nerfing.

So here goes:

People said 2h is op with its lolstab one shots

so they nerfed stab dmg considerably, reaction was fierce but the change remained, they said 2h is dead but ppl adapted and still owned

so they nerfed stab animation, they said twas the end of lolstab, 2h is dead, ppl adapted

then they nerfed dmg and speed, same thing as before

then lenght of some weapons

and then cut dmg took a big hit with the new soak values, so both atacks were lol compared to before, ppl got some strenght, adapted, owned and still enjoyed the game

And now we have a balaced class, not so powerfull as before but still fun and rewarding if you put some time into it.

so;

You got 2 choices: a) Ajust, adapt i guarantee you will still own and enjoy the game

b) quit like a girly man

If its a too big of a nerf it will be lowered but judging from the reactions and the time i spent on the servers (yay got my laptop) it just requires a certain ajustment of players.

All in all im glad that some1 has finaly seen a problem in the meth addict horses, seems that things have beem put into place and we will have a more balanced game than ever.

edit: havent seen the inital nerf but i like the second one and the better cav doesent seem to mind so win win situation?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:11:09 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2011, 01:10:38 pm »
Played it during the first nerf, yes. Was maybe a tad harsh, but shouldn't have affected it too much.

Be my guest, Oberyn, call me a noob if you want. My view on things is that survival is the #1 most important thing as cav. I'll rape engaged people in their back all day long for a good multiplier, and will not die unless the team fails. I keep away from other cav and pikers because that goes under the category 'high risk - high reward', not 'low risk - high reward'. I don't rate cav at their super duper timing in lancing duels, because it's too risky. Cav with brains is what I rate. Cav like Leed.

I've played like that in clan matches in Native against the best, and that's the way to do it. Risking cav can do very well from time to time, but the smart one will generally deliver better results.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 17, 2011, 01:12:12 pm »
I've played like that in clan matches in Native against the best, and that's the way to do it. Risking cav can do very well from time to time, but the smart one will generally deliver better results.

Which is why I tend to shoot their horses. And more archers should focus on such things. The inf wouldn't moan so much if they did.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 17, 2011, 01:13:06 pm »
+1
So now that we're all done here, how about nerfing armor looms?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 17, 2011, 01:22:47 pm »
Played it during the first nerf, yes. Was maybe a tad harsh, but shouldn't have affected it too much.

Be my guest, Oberyn, call me a noob if you want. My view on things is that survival is the #1 most important thing as cav. I'll rape engaged people in their back all day long for a good multiplier, and will not die unless the team fails. I keep away from other cav and pikers because that goes under the category 'high risk - high reward', not 'low risk - high reward'. I don't rate cav at their super duper timing in lancing duels, because it's too risky. Cav with brains is what I rate. Cav like Leed.

I'm not really calling you a noob, it's just what the nerf intended as far as I understand it. Forcing top tier cav to play it as safe as the noobs used to, and forcing noobs to either addapt or quit the class. Not exactly a "shock troop" if you don't take risks. Not that it isn't an extremely effective method of playing cav, but it's like, cav 101. The basics. Leed is a great player, if he plays this way it's not through lack of skill, but maybe because his favored cav playstyle is more conservative. And he's much better at it than the noobs who try to emulate him.  But all the top cav, no matter how reckless, prioritize targets anyways. I happen to think taken down enemy cav is a huge bonus to the rest of the team. Having cav superiority can change a losing round into a winning one. Depends on the map of course, and if it's not enemy cav then archers and other ranged are usually the highest priority.

Btw this is all as a lancer cav, what is your horse char Gurnni? 1h cav were much more badly hit by hit, practically unplayable from what I heard.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:24:58 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 17, 2011, 01:23:11 pm »
But what will we do without looms that double the armor on our gloves, ETC. Oh, right. Be men again.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 17, 2011, 01:26:26 pm »
But what will we do without looms that double the armor on our gloves, ETC. Oh, right. Be men again.

No no, we need to have people with 80 armor running around.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.