Author Topic: Horse Speed + Acceleration  (Read 16029 times)

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Horse Speed + Acceleration
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2011, 11:41:16 pm »
And there was much rejoicing!

The proper way to handle cav:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-eA_5_lEIU&feature=related

:evil:

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2011, 11:51:49 pm »
They need pikes next time.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2011, 01:31:07 am »
But I don't mind, I won't play in these rags forever. In full armor lance stab don't hurt much but seems that couching got buffed which still means press-X-1-hit-noob-kill...

By "press-X-1-hit-noob-kill" you mean killing someone noobish enough to offer you his back ?

If I swing at you in a duel, and you don't block, you'll call me a noob ?

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
Re: Horse Speed
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2011, 01:36:52 am »
Gotta make sure the archers can still shoot down horsies, so they decreased the acceleration, I bet.  :mrgreen:

The wonderful world of balance.

...wut

Archers, throwers, xbowmen. They all took down my horse in 1-shot before. To be honest, I have no idea what everyone is talking about... probably because I haven't played yet today. Something horrible happen to cav (again)?
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2011, 01:40:05 am »
...wut

Archers, throwers, xbowmen. They all took down my horse in 1-shot before. To be honest, I have no idea what everyone is talking about... probably because I haven't played yet today. Something horrible happen to cav (again)?

nah  :rolleyes:

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2011, 01:52:35 am »
I'm lobbying for polearm rearing removal and HP buff.

HP buff is not needed. I think that archer's dmg should be just lowered. This is madness that an archer with loomed stuff can kill loomed tincan with 2 shots ( I am the example of such a tincan ).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2011, 03:50:53 am »
+1
HP buff is not needed. I think that archer's dmg should be just lowered. This is madness that an archer with loomed stuff can kill loomed tincan with 2 shots ( I am the example of such a tincan ).

i can sustain 4 jambi's arrows.. 3IF and rus lamellar cuirass. so you're not a tincan.

about horses, i don't see all that handling nerf. just finished some rounds as a cav.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2011, 06:10:30 am »
I think that archer's dmg should be just lowered. This is madness that an archer with loomed stuff can kill loomed tincan with 2 shots ( I am the example of such a tincan ).

No offense, but you are a weakling of a tin can then or being hit by one hell of a power house archer.

27 str, 12 agi

9 if

65+ body armor

I barely bother dodging arrows anymore... Even though it's easy enough as they float through the air like paper airplanes.

crossbows though, definitely will move right out of the way for those crossbows.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2011, 08:14:43 am »
one of the ideas floating around is to make them harder to use (harder to accel and steer), same top speed, more hp to compensate a bit, buff couching, some other things.

The idea is that horses are ridiculously easy to use right now. People should have more awareness to use horses. Before, they were GoKarts.

But thats just my opinion, I'm just watching as a bystander.

chadz can you have my babies for that statement?
although my charcter TheSpectacularButtPirate will be weaker for it
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2011, 08:56:00 am »
Egyptians... Always ready to loot a horse or two.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2011, 11:44:39 am »
Shit was OP needed at nerf..

Im not gonna retire/respec my 1h/cav player yet im just gonna adapt.

You guys should stop QQ...

Not to act like a brown nose kinda guy but thx chadz and the dev team.. gj  :wink:

This and the archer nerf had it comming... now if chadz could just remove polestun id be even more happy.

EDIT: almost forgot removal of ladders so ranged cant be immune to 50% of the other player base for a whole duration of a map...

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2011, 12:03:28 pm »
I respecced from cav to 2hander recently for the first time in months and I'm still amazed at how easy it is to kill cav.  Juke the lance, stab the horse or rider, they're dead.  Alternatively if they are very good cav.. you down block.  Cav being especially dominating?  Use those extra 2 slots for an xbow and bolts or a long spear.  I didn't get a chance to be 2hander during The Tragic Cav Nerf of 9/16/2011, but I probably would've felt pangs of guilt and mercy at cav as they would just get completely ripped apart by infantry if they so much as hit a stone.  Removing riding bonuses is just a bad idea all around, as there would be no reason not to do 27/15 for heavy cav or 30/12 for light cav (lmao)

Seriously
Strength: 30
Agility: 12
Hit points: 65
Skills to attributes: 14
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 10
Shield: 3
Athletics: 0
Riding: 4

This would be the only viable light cav build, or perhaps 27/12 with full iron flesh to pretend to have survivability as cav.  I am considering making this my main for strat, if you retry these cav nerfs. 

The idea of buffing couching is pretty misguided too, it insta kills everyone except pure strength builds, which makes perfect sense.  Only reasonable buff would be adding back in the Lance of Compensation, for ol' times sake.  Seriously, all good cav just couch for the first 2 minutes of a match and insta kill everything, then support infantry and finish people off with thrusts, couching whenever opportune. 

The acceleration thing was garbage by the way, I was able to deal with it and I'm sure most good cav would adapt (while having an awful time, far worse then lancing radius nerf) and everyone else would abandon the class, but cav really isn't that big of a deal.  A team that lets itself get destroyed by cav is usually just a bad team, and the vast majority of cav players do 1:1 or so KDRs.  Noob cav are gonna die pretty easily to ranged, other cav, and polearms/2handers, they are all REALLY effectively counter cav as it is.  Pretty sure the people who wine the most are Rambo archers who stand alone at the flanks, and katana wielding honor duelers who get couched within 20 seconds of each round.

If you feel that readjusting the cav acceleration is still necessary (I really don't think it is)  please just don't make it so extreme as you did.  The lancing degrees nerf was a good balance decision and cav adapted within a week, but that acceleration thing was just extremely awful to play as.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2011, 12:13:05 pm »
(click to show/hide)

excellent post.
(click to show/hide)

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2011, 12:20:26 pm »
Good cav were still doing good, but as you said mostly because of bad players on the other team, or not necessarily bad players but ones that don't devote as much attention to awareness as they should. For head on charges against aware infantry couching was the only possible way, for archers, crossbows and throwers even charging one aware isolated guy was a hassle, which was kind of meh since imo that's the best thing cav have to contribute to their team, ranged hunting. The other two being backstabbers to unaware/engaged inf and anti other cav.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:24:30 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2011, 12:29:47 pm »
You know what would be a good nerf and "realistic" for cav? Keep the rearing effect when running into other horses, but I gotta admit it's still kinda weird to me that I can plow headlong fullspeed into a wall and the horse magically rear from 2 centimeters away. Plus it would be pretty lulzy to see cav run into a wall or a tree and watch the horse explode.