Author Topic: Nerf Throwing  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
Nerf Throwing
« on: January 26, 2011, 09:21:49 pm »
srsly....

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf Throwing
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:24:47 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 09:29:16 pm »
And I forgot barmace!

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:41:04 pm »

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 12:18:54 am »
This thread is not about discussing, its about drama and complaining... !

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 12:25:44 am »

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 01:02:33 am »
Throwing is not imba, its overused as everyone fills his slots with it.
Solution: Revert income/upkeep to v200, people wont have the money to be flameberge wielding lance throwers anymore.

Also, each time someone says "LOL THROWING OP", one more guy will throw. Stop making your own deamons. If people would just notice crossbows cost the same as filling 3 throwing slots, they might go and use them again.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:07:20 am by Leiknir »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 01:39:59 am »
Also, each time someone says "LOL THROWING OP", one more guy will throw. Stop making your own deamons. If people would just notice crossbows cost the same as filling 3 throwing slots, they might go and use them again.

They don't, really. The heavy throwing axes have the same rough punching power as a sniper crossbow, can be spammed in a row if you miss and fired on the move (no need for the annoying reload) and bust shields. And if you have 3 stacks it costs 15,000g (and two stacks - what someone with a shield would use) are 10K gold. You twoshot most people (just like a sniper crossbow does). A sniper crossbow and steel bolts is 19,600g, and unless you intend to stick around a position and camp a bit it's fairly useless - in a charge, you have one shot and it probably won't instakill. You can't backpedal away, switch to it at will, and spam projectiles until you run out or target dies.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 01:58:17 am »
Please direct me to the heavy throwing axes you use, I would like some of those.
Dont compare the killing power of cut axes to the crossbows, use jarids or spears, there you are in the same priceclass
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:59:30 am by Leiknir »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 02:23:36 am »
Please direct me to the heavy throwing axes you use, I would like some of those.

Normal heavy throwing axe with 7 powerthrow and 105 wpf.

Dont compare the killing power of cut axes to the crossbows, use jarids or spears, there you are in the same priceclass

Why not? Both kill the average person in two shots.

Anyway, I said it before the patch, too, crossbows were used and abused because, except being very deadly (and their deadliness has gone down) they're a no investment thing and throwing was underused because a (worse) no investment sidearm existed. With upkeep, every ranged option requires a investment atleast in upkeep cost (and tbh, now that crossbows aren't one-hit shotguns, a wpf one is advisable if you want to hit people at range), and people gravitate towards the most powerful one. Which is throwing, for a melee character - for a predominantly melee char, throwing is a much better sidearm then a crossbow or bow.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 03:22:50 am »
Why not? Both kill the average person in two shots.
The one hits you from half the map, the other one into your head from 1m away.

Throwing itself is not imba, it is just overused leading to the ilusion of imbaness, if everyone throws, some people will get hit for sure. If there are only few throwers again, no one will care (like prepatch, was there even anything changed with throwing?).

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 04:02:04 am »
The way I see it, people wanted archery nerfed until only the skilled are effective at using it. Throwing should be no more or less.  :|
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 04:36:23 am »
The way I see it, people wanted archery nerfed until only the skilled are effective at using it. Throwing should be no more or less.  :|

I was an archer and I thought that the nerf was needed. It was simply a sniper rifle with enough WPF pre-patch. Now it needs more skill simply because the shoot speed got lowered which means u can't pin point shoot somebody but you need to "lead" him in order to hit a running target.

1)Throwing weapons have a shitty range so you can't own the whole map with it by just camping like xbows/archers can.
2) the gravity is terrible for throwing, you need to compensate a  LOT (and I know what I'm talking about I have a dedicated thrower and I'm using throwing axes a lot) and I'm not talking about the crappy accuracy!
3) even with 11 PT and over 100 WPF in throwing with my dedicated thrower I'm almost never in the top of the scoreboard. I'm slow as hell and once somebody is in melee range I'm pretty much ****ed. And that's if I'm not already shot down by archers/xbows or other throwers.

In resume, for throwing to be really effective, you need to invest a lot of points into PT and throwing WPF so your really slow and you suck at melee, hell archers with no wpf and PS are owning my ass cuz they are swinging too fast! If you get killed by a throwing projectile it's either a lucky shot or cuz you asked for it (like walking straight to a thrower).