Author Topic: How do devs even know when ppl are autoblocking  (Read 8358 times)

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
Re: How do devs even know when ppl are autoblocking
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2011, 11:40:24 am »
Only if you're a five year old working in a Nike factory.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline sWalker

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2011, 02:17:05 pm »
ummm Gorath...you got your Korean and Chinese mixed up buddy. Wo shuo zhong guo hua yi dian dian...and ni hao is "you good" or "how are you" in Chinese.  Oh and by the way, Zapper, the sWalker is a mei guo ren that knows more languages than just English.

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2011, 03:26:53 pm »
Japanese - They all speak english
Chinese - They all speak english

You obviously never spoke to any of them who learned English in their own country.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2011, 05:02:48 pm »
ummm Gorath...you got your Korean and Chinese mixed up buddy. Wo shuo zhong guo hua yi dian dian...and ni hao is "you good" or "how are you" in Chinese.  Oh and by the way, Zapper, the sWalker is a mei guo ren that knows more languages than just English.
While the Jarlek doesn't know the language you are speaking there, it warms his heart that the great and famous sWalker is a learned and wise man. On reflection, it doesn't surprise the Jarlek that the sWalkers is fluent in more than one tongue, since the sWalker is probably have walked many a places in this world! May your arm be strong and your arrows true!

/awesome sWalkerish RP off

You obviously never spoke to any of them who learned English in their own country.
I was gonna quote that part say the exact same thing. Of course there ARE a lot of Chinese/Japanese people who speaks English, but the majority doesn't know jack shit. Understandable with China, but in USA-dependant Japan? A shame, really.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2011, 05:20:52 pm »
Knowing more than one language is useless to people who push tea crates into the ocean.

Technically, those were british citizens at the time.

I still chuckled.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Varg_Sickerness

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • a sickfuck norwegian fisherman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BenDitre
  • Game nicks: Varg_the_Norwegian
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2011, 12:42:27 am »
it's bloody easy to detect the cheaters with the help of a simple clever keylogger script in-game. when you press the activate button of the autoblock (as i see on the unban request posts, this is probably f5 button or whatever it is) on your keyboard, the game records it on logs and admins can easily see which retards use the autoblock script on various frequencies. fukken idiots, don't dare to cheat again, because there is no escape. if you can't block the attacks properly, at least accept to die in an honorable way (like i do cuz i suck at melee 8-)) and train hard, or quit playing the c-rpg. if you are too much interested in fucking autoblock, just play the bloody native single player mod, cuz the game already contains an autoblock system there, where you can use it against bots, but do not contaminate our multiplaying experience with your stupid cheating interests. now enjoy your permabans, i hope you cheaters never return to game.

my best regards to the c-rpg community and worst regards to the cheaters.. and many thanks to the devs who try to keep the game fair. good game all..
\m/ i am the best director \m/

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2011, 03:48:12 am »
Actually if the auto block works is anywhere near close to the singleplayer autoblocker, you just hold down the right button.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2011, 03:54:06 am »
it's bloody easy to detect the cheaters with the help of a simple clever keylogger script in-game. when you press the activate button of the autoblock (as i see on the unban request posts, this is probably f5 button or whatever it is) on your keyboard, the game records it on logs and admins can easily see which retards use the autoblock script on various frequencies. fukken idiots, don't dare to cheat again, because there is no escape. if you can't block the attacks properly, at least accept to die in an honorable way (like i do cuz i suck at melee 8-)) and train hard, or quit playing the c-rpg. if you are too much interested in fucking autoblock, just play the bloody native single player mod, cuz the game already contains an autoblock system there, where you can use it against bots, but do not contaminate our multiplaying experience with your stupid cheating interests. now enjoy your permabans, i hope you cheaters never return to game.

my best regards to the c-rpg community and worst regards to the cheaters.. and many thanks to the devs who try to keep the game fair. good game all..

i suppose the hack comes with some sort of config file where you can bind the "toggle autoblock". so keylogging don't works.

maybe something that record the consecutive time the right mouse button is hold down could do...

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2011, 08:56:02 pm »
Suggestion, we should make a topic about what the best language is. Seems to be the focal of this topic now!

@Gorath
As a former FF11 player, I've spoken to plenty of JP players. A lot of them knew English, a lot of them refused to speak English, and a lot of them only knew enough to be taught broken English. Only a few of them were fully proficient and fluent in it, and for the ones that weren't, knowing a few phrases such as "ieie and donmai(even if that is just a borrowed English phrase)" were extremely helpful. Even knowing a word or two from a different language is sometimes enough to make them not hate you entirely by default. /shrug There were still plenty that didn't know the first thing about English, though.

To not get too far off topic, I originally put some consideration into Saulcanner possibly being an autoblocker myself, like Mr.Shine. However, after having played with him many times, and having watched him duel (where he actually utilizes chambering), I came to the same conclusion. It's the same story with Carebear, everyone was so sure he was an autoblocker. For months, several people a day would tell him they heard he was banned for getting caught, and Carebear would just respond "yup, that's why I'm here"

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2011, 10:12:32 pm »
@ Uftak:
You, like a few people, took that post far more seriously than you should have.  IE:  Not at all.   :P
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2011, 10:20:40 pm »
the only language worth knowing is sanskrit, Koine greek, and Latin. Every other languages are just derivatives.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2011, 11:37:29 pm »
the only languages worth knowing are the ones that 95% of the people around you speak

I would much rather take another course of C++ as opposed to entertaining 5% of my city's population with broken spanish
now in other mixed language areas cough canada i know the situation is different
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2011, 11:39:25 pm »
I would much rather take another course of C++ as opposed to entertaining 5% of my city's population with broken spanish

here a +1 is really deserved. still laughin  :mrgreen:

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2011, 11:55:29 pm »
the only languages worth knowing are the ones that 95% of the people around you speak

now in other mixed language areas cough canada i know the situation is different
Hmm, that's a good point (and funny!) I'm gonna add programming languages to my list!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2011, 12:15:50 am »
Canada isnt really a mixed language area for the most part... everyone in Quebec speaks french and everyone in the rest of Canada speaks english. its not like 20-50% of people in western Canada speak french... 99.99% of those in western Canada who know french also know english.