Author Topic: Get off the roof, Archers!  (Read 7161 times)

Offline TortoiseAndTheHare

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ARCHERS!
  • Game nicks: James_the_Catapult, Prochoice_the_Catapult
Get off the roof, Archers!
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:57:27 am »
+6
Archers, get off the roof already.

Why are you up there? It's not fair, no one can reach you to hit you unless they have a ranged weapon or a ladder. Why should everyone have to carry a ranged weapon or a ladder? Those take up a lot of slots and how dare you force the other team to have to bring some ladders just because you did. You're stalling the round and making all of us get less EXP and gold per hour, you aren't just hurting us, you're hurting yourselves too.

The only way you should be playing the game is to equip a two hander or pole arm and a lot of armor or MAYBE a one hander and shield combo and then run into melee in a honourable and straight forward manner. I'm getting tired of all this tactics shit, and THINKING and using all this dumb shit the game provides you with like ranged weapons and ladders.

And further more, once you have your two hander equiped and are playing like A MAN, don't try and be all clever and hide and shit, and try and ambush people and try to manuever around, trying to isolate people and overwhelm them and all this shit. Who do you think you are, fucking JOHN RAMBO or something? Are you and your clan mates like the guys in Band of Brothers or something trying to out fight the SS or some shit? KNOCK THAT SHIT OFF, YOU'RE STALLING THE ROUND AND ROBBING ME OF MY EXP AND GOLD.

Also, when you have your Bec or your Flamberge or whatever, don't block attacks like a my old friend. Can people stop equiping shields and trying to weapon block all the time? It's not fair. People can't hit you if you're blocking and dodging around and all this shit when you fight, it makes their attacks do NO DAMAGE, ZERO. Knock that shit off you're stalling the round and making all of us get less EXP and gold per hour, you aren't just hurting us, you're hurting yourselves too.

This game is about rounds ending promptly and me getting my EXP and my GOLD, it is not some bullshit medieval combat simulator for you and your my old friend reinactor buddies to have pretend battles with and try and out wit and out play eachother while you fuck over all the good honest players like myself who don't want to have to plan against your "strategy" and "cunning". We came here to equip whatever the fuck gear WE PLANNED ON (a two hander, duh) and have it kill people we swing it at. OH AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON HOW GAY CAV ARE.

Archers, well, I think you get my point by now. STOP BEING my old friendS.

Ugh, writing this post just screwed me out of so much EXP and GOLD.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
Re: Get off the roof, Archers!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:02:35 am »
booooring

und taeglich gruesst das Murmeltier -.-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:08:58 am »
I don't get it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 02:14:07 am »
+6
God invented ladders for a reason, so you can combat Satan's bows....

I suggest trying them out, or waiting for Master of the Field.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 02:20:39 am »
In my very honest and personal opinion of what you think: boring rage post.

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 02:32:57 am »

Holster ur bows, bow down and prepare to die...

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 02:42:44 am »
+4
Just ride your horse up onto the roof, what your issue?  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 02:43:36 am »
+1
Just ride your horse up onto the roof, what your issue?  :idea:

Yeah plenty of people do that, the OP must be new like Huey.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 02:47:37 am »
+3
You Know that if someone suggests waiting for MOTF a dumb ass public player that cant read chat will go die during the last minute right.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 02:48:31 am »
+2
You Know that if someone suggests waiting for MOTF a dumb ass public player that cant read chat will go die during the last minute right.

That is what makes it funny, you get to see all the raging vets.

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 02:50:49 am »
The point of the post was that while I have NEVER played an archer and almost never hide on a roof and shoot at people with anything, anytime I see some one say

"Get off the roof!"

to an archer who is actively firing and not just wasting time standing there idle, I want to punch them in the face for saying it. I even see ADMINS doing this, telling them to get down and like, trying to kick vote them and shit. What is your problem? He's an archer and he blew a ton of slots to have a ladder to beable to safely fire on people who don't have ranged weapons. It's a smart move, either take ladders out of the game or get off his balls already.

Seriously, it's like telling people to stop using shields or stop blocking and dodging attacks so much, cause they are prolonging the round. It's pointless, childish behaviour. If you don't like roof archers, stop dying so early in rounds that it annoys you (since most people don't care as long as they are still alive I find) and figure out a way to kill them or just wait them out. They are going to stop doing it if they just keep getting killed or losing their multiplier to master of the field loses.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:55:04 am by TortoiseAndTheHare »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 02:52:31 am »
+1
I like this guy, he must be new.

I appreciate the rage, but it is pointless as the community will never change. I always smirk whenever I see someone rage about archers as it means I am doing my job right (My main is an archer).

At the end of the day, every class will have idjits who rage at other classes.

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 03:09:40 am »
+2
I appreciate the rage, but it is pointless as the community will never change. I always smirk whenever I see someone rage about archers as it means I am doing my job right (My main is an archer).

I don't care for this sort of defeatist attitude when it comes to anything and it's a perception I seem to be encounting with increasing regularity as of late, this cynical idea that "Whelp, that's HUMAN NATURE, no point in trying to change it or complain about it."

I agree, people are always going to be little bitches who blame anything that affects them badly on some outside source other than themselves and that psychology has pretty much proven this to be the NATURAL behaviour of human kind but you know what? What comes natural is not always correct or the best way to do things, or some thing that we have to forever surrender to. If everyone ever born thought that way, we would have no science, art, philosophy, peace, anything, because our natural tendancy is to be lazy, always favour immediate satisfaction over the bigger picture, and fear and distrust anything we aren't familiar with.

A mature, rational adult, living in 2011 should not strive to simply bow to the will of human nature, that is a crutch of the weak, the stupid and the slothenly. It is not being a realist, it is being a wimp who never wants to see anything improved or anything grow because it's TOO HARD.

Now, that said, a realist has to acknowledge that this is going to be the natural behaviour of the community and expect people to act this way sometimes and not get to angry about it. But it should not be condoned, promoted, applauded or encouraged by Admins. It should at least be ignored, and at best, discouraged.

Also, I'm not very new to C-RPG, I just haven't played regularly for a little while until now. My characters are Literally_James and Chick_James although I have changed them to Archers_James and Archers_Chick_James as none of the old Literally clan seem to be around anymore and I'm trying to start a new clan called "Archers". Because you know what I always say, "Archers".

TortoiseAndTheHare was the nick name of the last generation of my James Character who had 10 shields and 10 athletics and fought with nothing but an heirloomed Huscarl shield and a Khyber Knife.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:13:29 am by TortoiseAndTheHare »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:14 am »
+1
I don't care for this sort of defeatist attitude when it comes to anything and it's a perception I seem to be encounting with increasing regularity as of late, this cynical idea that "Whelp, that's HUMAN NATURE, no point in trying to change it or complain about it."

It is not defeatist, it is a realist view. 8 Months here and the archer rage has only increased despite nothing but nerfs with every patch.

People are stupid, welcome to online gaming.

At the end of they day, I pew pew pew and I run run run, and the "melee only" players are the ones raging, not me.

See, I used to care, then I realized.... Their opinion is pretty much worthless when it comes to effecting my playstyle, because their raging does not effect my ability to sink an arrow into them (it only makes it easier as they have to stop to type).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:15:05 am by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 03:22:45 am »
+2
I personally don't have a problem with bows. Well, xbows can go fuck themselves but that's a different issue...

The problem with roof camping is it's a good way to make rounds long and boring or end in draws.

When one team roof camps, then the other team starts to camp and then...zzzzzzzz I start to fall asleep. If you're going to camp, what's wrong with camping on the ground so we can...you know...battle?

Also, this logic fails:

God invented ladders for a reason, so you can combat Satan's bows....

I suggest trying them out

So I am supposed to carry a ladder ALL the way to where the enemy team is camping without getting killed. Then, I need to get a majority of my team UP the ladder before it is destroyed. Yeah...I kinda don't see that happening.