Author Topic: Get off the roof, Archers!  (Read 7174 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Get off the roof, Archers!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 03:23:51 am »
+2
So I am supposed to carry a ladder ALL the way to where the enemy team is camping without getting killed. Then, I need to get a majority of my team UP the ladder before it is destroyed. Yeah...I kinda don't see that happening.

Ladders, ladder spam, teamwork, MotF, Jumping horses, sniping, not getting shot, having mad skillz, ingenuity, QMD the map, kill all the groundpounders to force the roof campers to jump etc.

It was not meant to be "logic" it was meant to be the very first two solutions that came to mind. But yeah, I agree that roofcamping is boring hence why I mainly run-and-gun.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:26:11 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 03:32:26 am »
Regardless, you shouldn't be able to use ladders on battle maps. All it takes is one asshole bringing a ladder to ruin a map.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 03:33:10 am »
+2
Regardless, you shouldn't be able to use ladders on battle maps. All it takes is one asshole bringing a ladder to ruin a map.

I would push for the removal of Ladders from battle if we get maps that have no "natural camp spots" with only one way up.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 03:36:12 am »
Fuck that shit tears, some maps are good for cav others are good for archer, take a melee weapon and quit running.

Ladder dont counter ladder since they break so fast, the roofers will usually destroy it before you get someone halfway up there.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 03:37:39 am »
+4
Fuck that shit tears, some maps are good for cav others are good for archer, take a melee weapon and quit running.

My PS0 and 1 WPF and 0 slot melee weapon vs your dedicated melee? No, "fuck that shit." And don't you dare say "then only use one quiver or a 1 slot bow" because the instant you demand that I change my playing style, I get to as well and tell you "Grab a bow or shield noob!"

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 03:39:04 am »
I grab a suit of plate, same result, I dont mind archers but runners piss me off.

A 1 slot bow and 1 arrow pack with a longsword works very well by the way.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 03:39:56 am »
+1
I grab a suit of plate, same result, I dont mind archers but runners piss me off.

A 1 slot bow and 1 arrow pack with a longsword works very well by the way.

My PS0 and 1 WPF and 0 slot melee weapon vs your dedicated melee? No, "fuck that shit." And don't you dare say "then only use one quiver or a 1 slot bow" because the instant you demand that I change my playing style, I get to as well and tell you "Grab a bow or shield noob!"

You know, a high AGI character with a shield works quite well to catch running archers, ask Matey.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 03:41:10 am »
Yeah but the killing output sucks donkey balls.

By the way how the fuck am I able to fit 70 2h wpf and 7 powerstrike on my archer along with 140 archery wpf and 7 powerdraw and you cant seem to have 1 point in either?

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 03:42:47 am »
+1
I would push for the removal of Ladders from battle if we get maps that have no "natural camp spots" with only one way up.

I'm fine with these even if they have only one way up. 'Cause at least that one way up is permanent. If the other team is smart they'll just get their shielders to make a strategic push. I do that all the time, myself.

I agree with you here though. I get annoyed at people when they get mad at someone for playing their class. Shit, I don't even get mad at HA's. Everybody has a different idea of what a fun class is. So, let them play.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 03:43:45 am »
+2
Yeah but the killing output sucks equus africanus asinus balls.

By the way how the fuck am I able to fit 70 2h wpf and 7 powerstrike on my archer along with 140 archery wpf and 7 powerdraw and you cant seem to have 1 point in either?

Gee, I dunno... It is like you went one style of archer and I went the other style...
Going out on a limb here and saying that my level 33 archer with 8PD 7WM and 5ATHL perhaps spent his points differently and chose to be entirely focused at pew pew pew... Crazy how people can build different things and do different playstyles...

BTW how the fuck am I able to fit 8PD and 7WM in archery and you can't have that high in either?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:45:28 am by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 03:45:11 am »
I can have 10 power strike 10 ironflesh 3 ath and 3 weapon master at level 31

Thats at least 3 points more than you and I converted 4 times, you should have points avaible  :?

Edit: Rusty I don't hate HA either, mostly because they do about .5 damage and that they usually quit kitting the 10 man team when they're the last man alive.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:47:26 am by Bobthehero »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 03:47:09 am »
+2

Thats at least 3 points more than you and I converted 4 times, you should have points avaible  :?

30 STR Plus 9 AGI = 39 Attributes
24 STR Plus 21 AGI = 45 Attributes...

Think about it.... Maybe it will click what I did.... I will give you a hint... My level 30 Build was 24 STR and 18 AGI, which equals 42.

Offline TortoiseAndTheHare

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ARCHERS!
  • Game nicks: James_the_Catapult, Prochoice_the_Catapult
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 04:31:13 am »
The thing about breaking ladders is you have to swing a weapon to do it and the thing about swinging weapons is that it makes it so you can't possibly be shielding while you do it so as long as your team has archers or throwers, you can just harrass or kill the ladder breakers while melee guys charge up the ladder. It's not rocket science.

The guys on the roof still have the advantage of better cover and range on their weapons in this situation but the thing is, you can't win a round from a roof unless you just kill everyone on the enemy team. Eventually it's going to go to master of the field and the flags are never placed on a roof with no map ladders to it.

I'm all for kicking people who can't do anything from the roof they are on who are just standing there like statues wasting everyone's time, but as long as they are trying to kill people I find yelling at them to be childish and dumb. The same goes for any other yelling at people who are trying to draw the other team into a favourable position for them in any other way. It's not anyone's job to make a round end sooner. It is just a courtesy to not wander around, stand on rooves, stand at the bottom of ponds and that sort of pointless garbage when there are 5 people left in the round and 80 other people sitting on their hands having no fun.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 04:38:18 am »
+2
I don't even see this is an issue anymore, atleast on EU where I play, if the archers are the last ones alive and on a roof with no way up, they must come down as the rules state, if there is way up then they can stay there. I rarely ever see anyone not playing by those rules and when they do not listen to the admin chat, they get kicked.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 04:41:24 am »
+3

Message to anyone that make that kind of build, I'll probably make you run. Rage all you want, you choose to be good at melee, not my problem if you can't run...  :lol:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted: