Poll

I want rewards for kills and/or surviving.

rewards for kills
7 (20.6%)
rewards for kills and surviving
11 (32.4%)
no its unfair !
16 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: February 08, 2011, 06:51:56 pm

Author Topic: Rewards for kills and/or surviving the round?  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Dreakon_The_Destroyer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Dreakon_ATS
Re: Rewards for kills and/or surviving the round?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 07:42:26 pm »
your talking about last hit kills and killstealers? thats a WHOLE different subject.

Start a thread about assisted kills or something like that. "kill stealers" are part of everyyyyyyyy game. dont whine about that shit here. its off topic
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 07:47:55 pm »
your talking about last hit kills and killstealers? thats a WHOLE different subject.

Start a thread about assisted kills or something like that. "kill stealers" are part of everyyyyyyyy game. dont whine about that shit here. its off topic

I suggest you thoroughly re-read what I have posted before continuing because you are not following what I have previously stated, if you had read it properly you would understand that I'm not talking about that at all, we're talking about A BONUS for A KILL, I'm saying KILLS should not be rewarded because it doesn't take much SKILL to land the last hit on a guy, or to flank 10 guys and kill them all, in fact it's very easy for most damage dealing classes. So please, re-read and THEN post, maybe if you give me a logical response I can give you one back.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 07:48:44 pm »
maybe you are to new or dont remember that there WAS a reward for kills 3 patches ago...

again this is an RPG not NATIVE you should be rewarded for kills. i never said remove the multiplier. just a small bonus per kill.

MAYBE you cant read. i didnt say anyone can or will kill 30 people. but if he kills 15/30 hes not a team player and furthermore shouldnt even be rewarded? thats just dumb.
-Edmund Burke

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 07:54:39 pm »
maybe you need to read my initial post. i did not say anything about killstealers or flanking 10 men(which is a very good tactic anyway) or low skill whatever you call them.

my post and this thread about a small reward for kills and surviving.

yes or no NOT crying or debating about KSers
-Edmund Burke

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 07:56:17 pm »
May be you're the one to be new, cos this has been discuted a lot in old forum, also you would have understand that this is not in the spirit and view of the game of the dev team.
Teamwork is the word, and Memento sum it up very well.

Edit: also you can use edit function to avoid double post.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:58:41 pm by Blondin »

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 08:00:39 pm »
maybe you are to new or dont remember that there WAS a reward for kills 3 patches ago...

again this is an RPG not NATIVE you should be rewarded for kills. i never said remove the multiplier. just a small bonus per kill.

MAYBE you cant read. i didnt say anyone can or will kill 30 people. but if he kills 15/30 hes not a team player and furthermore shouldnt even be rewarded? thats just dumb.

Yes, now let me help you out here, the key word you used in your first sentence is "WAS" that is past tense, meaning it is NO LONGER LIKE THAT. Most people live in present time but you seem to live in the past?
This is an RPG and you are rewarded for kills INDIRECTLY if your team kills enough that you WIN thusly raising the MULTIPLIER, THAT IS YOUR REWARD FOR KILLING.

If he kills 15/30 or 100 and his team loses, WHY SHOULD HE BE REWARDED, HE LOST.
IF he kills 15/30 or 100 and his team WINS, then of course he should be rewarded and HE IS REWARDED with a +1 on the MULTIPLIER.

So, what exactly are you arguing for? In my eyes, there is a reward for kills if you don't see that then well there's nothing I can do to help you see that. As I said before, some people see K/D and think Kill Death Ratio, others well they think "Kraft Dinner"

I can tell you're all about K/DR and you clearly think having more KILLS means more SKILLS, I'm just trying to point out that is not always true.

Not once have I even brought up 'whine about Kill Stealers'
I have no problem with 'Kill stealers'
Infact I know them as 'Friends'
Or 'Team mates' and not 'kill stealers' as you seem to see them as.
If I'm fighting a guy and I back him up into my team mate who then kills him thats a +1 for me and him in my books (just a +1 for him though on the scoreboard, but that means little to me.)

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 08:12:43 pm »
may be
discuted
memento?

i never double posted either...im not sure what you may be looking at. and why would it show kills and deaths if they dont matter to you guys at all i wonder...?

and about the KSing or last hitters sillyness.

is it not teamwork if i chopped a guy down 1/4 health and a teammate jumps in to finish him? im NEVER mad when that happens, in fact im happy and relieved a buddy came to my aid!

im not the one complaining at alllll about killstealing. just a response the the other complainers
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:26:59 pm by Dreakon_The_Destroyer »
-Edmund Burke

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 08:14:02 pm »
I would love to see some rewards for skill based play instead of just teamplay. However as memento (and others before him) have pointed out, kills does not equal skills. Skill based rewards simply won't work because there are too many variables to skill. The solution is easy, give us back gold and xp on the duel server! Just make it so you only get it when you kill a player that is around your level or higher!

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 08:18:12 pm »
EXACTLY now your starting to understand my post :clap clap clap:
im saying it should be readded to the game.

and if a guy kills half a team and still loses YES he should still be rewarded a BIG FUCK YES. at least he contributed to the team!

so you think the losing team deserves nothing? why even give them a x1 multiplier?? why even give them anything because they lost is your logic.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:20:12 pm by Dreakon_The_Destroyer »
-Edmund Burke

Offline Freshest_Prince

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: D'Haran Legions
  • Game nicks: DL_Freshest_Prince, Sir_Goatfather
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 10:29:33 pm »
i never double posted either...im not sure what you may be looking at. and why would it show kills and deaths if they dont matter to you guys at all i wonder...?

is it not teamwork if i chopped a guy down 1/4 health and a teammate jumps in to finish him? im NEVER mad when that happens, in fact im happy and relieved a buddy came to my aid!

im not the one complaining at alllll about killstealing. just a response the the other complainers

You did double post.

Memento didn't choose to have a scoreboard; he has no control over that.

I would say by calling someone a "kill stealer" you are complaining about kill "stealing". Call it fucking "kill-ing."

Everything you have said in this thread disrupts the flow of natural living.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:32:23 pm by Freshest_Prince »
And then I shat in your face

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 11:29:48 pm »
and if a guy kills half a team and still loses YES he should still be rewarded a BIG FUCK YES. at least he contributed to the team!

First of all: LOL on you man, lol on you, how is he any different that that guy, that was keeping 2hers off bay by shooting on them, the guy that killed 5 horses, but never had the chance to finish the horseman, those guys that lead enemies to friends so they can kill them.

I kite enemies to my friends if i can, instead of trying to break their shield, better to lure them somewhere some teammate might jump their back! Do you think i should not be rewarded for distracting group of people to attack me letting our cav hit them unaware?

Yes, there has been reward system in place, i have not played back then, but guess what? It has been removed FOR A REASON.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 04:46:22 pm »
you can lol all you want. he is different because he killed the guy. this isnt CoD were you get points for assists ( Hell maybe exp for kills AND assists should be added? ) either way he didnt finish the job, a dehorsed HA or pikeman can still run around and kill people, shooting a guy till half health didnt finish him. these guys can still walk around and kill your team...you are an ASSIST class

get to know the build before you argue for exp and "assisted" kills. maybe you should start a thread or your own poll for that instead of trying to argue with mine.
-Edmund Burke

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 04:50:16 pm »
you know what. assisted kills shud be added too! it makes good sense. i think helping a kill deserves exp as well as the killing blow.

like i was saying before both guys get a small amount of exp.
-Edmund Burke

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 11:55:39 am »
As i said before, it has been there before, but REMOVED, i guess cause the devs didnt wanted it in. Capisi?

And now go, make YET ANOTHER threat about rewarding XP for ANYTHING, go ahead, i am waiting, what is it going to be next? I want BONUS XP for spawning with weapon! I do not like naked unarmed guys getting same XP as me!?

seriously again:
he is different because he killed the guy. this isnt CoD were you get points for assists ( Hell maybe exp for kills AND assists should be added? ) either way he didnt finish the job, a dehorsed HA or pikeman can still run around and kill people, shooting a guy till half health didnt finish him. these guys can still walk around and kill your team...you are an ASSIST class

yeah cause i am not stupid enough to rush into 5 of my teammembers to be killed when they try to rape the guy i dehorsed, and no worries, if i dehorse him and i am the only in range, i go after him of course, so do not make assumptions about my playstyle, when we have not played together.

About refference to CoD, that is why you started threat of assisted kills and blows? You want to make this more like CoD???

get to know the build before you argue for exp and "assisted" kills.
sorry, but what the hell are you talking here about? What does any build have to do with anything in this duscussion? I play 2her, so yeah, i can kill a lot by my own, but hey, i still preffer to have less kills and win, than to dominate scoreboard and keep losing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:57:07 am by Cepeshi »

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 04:53:12 pm »
this thread/poll is old and dead. please refer to my new one. thanks
-Edmund Burke