Author Topic: Remove "disable polls power" from admins  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Remove "disable polls power" from admins
« on: September 08, 2011, 01:26:25 pm »
+4
It's so annoying....Almost always when an admin joins a server he disables polls because "the big admin is there now" and everyone shall send messages to an admin and blabla....would be fine, if the admins didn't forget to turn polls on again after they leave servers -.-

Every fucking morning when you play crpg people are teamkilling/teamattacking, delaying, leeching or whatever you can do that is not allowed, annoying and destroying other people's fun. And what can you do?

Nothing!
Because there are no admins online, polls are disabled and when you go to irc no admin has time or wants to answer or there is just noone around.....

Please do something that admins can't disable polls anymore or forbid it or whatever.
The other option is one our dev team doesn't want to hear: Make some of the players, who are always playing in the morning hours, admins... :rolleyes:

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Remove "disable polls power" from admins
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 02:31:02 pm »
+1
+1, admins are useless.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 02:33:42 pm »
+1, admins are useless.

great help man^^

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:24:23 pm »
I just miss players being able to vote for maps  :?
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 04:38:13 pm »
No way, I hope that never comes back.

Every minute there was a new poll for another map and always the same maps :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 657
  • Infamy: 1647
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 04:44:21 pm »
Polls should be enabled only first 20 sec after map starts and last 20 sec until timer goes off.

People are greatly annoyed by polls and chance that any kick/ban poll will be accepted is bellow 1%. Therefore I vote no.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 05:16:47 pm »
Just depends on the way you submit a poll ;)

Polling and writing a short reason like "tking" 10-20 seconds after it, doesn't really help.

90% or more of my polls go through, so you are doing something wrong I guess :/

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 05:23:51 pm »
words

Sucks that you guys don't have admins that turn the polls back on when they leave. Lucky for NA Officials, I do turn polls back on when I leave.

Yay.

So... to the original topic:

No.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 06:19:27 pm »
+2
So when an admin comes on and there are polls being spammed left right and center in the middle of your gameplay time distracting you from who you're aiming at/blocking against etc etc you'll be fine with it?

It's nothing to do with being the "big bad admin" in my eyes, it's to allow people who have nothing wrong with their game to carry on unaffected by the idiocy of others for silly little polls like "He kicked me" and retaliation polls with "He tried to poll kick me".

I won't say "heh, I always turn the polls back on when I leave." because that would sound as if I am passing the blame but you can always grab me on teamspeak if I am there and say "Oi, someone left the polls off again on EU_1, turn them back on you prick." and I will do as such, that's for those who know where I am of course.

Just shout on IRC or something, someone might come out of hiding :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 12:06:46 am »
I don't see the problem as long as admins have the right to auto-reject any poll, and they have the right to kick/ban people for abusing polls.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 11:21:18 am »
So when an admin comes on and there are polls being spammed left right and center in the middle of your gameplay time distracting you from who you're aiming at/blocking against etc etc you'll be fine with it?

So you think people are spamming more polls when an admin is on? o.O  Haven't recognised that yet, sorry. There are sometimes a few guys who are constantly spamming polls, but that rarely happens. And it's not that distracting when a poll comes...Just finish your fight and press escape or 1/2 then.

I won't say "heh, I always turn the polls back on when I leave." because that would sound as if I am passing the blame but you can always grab me on teamspeak if I am there and say "Oi, someone left the polls off again on EU_1, turn them back on you prick." and I will do as such, that's for those who know where I am of course.

Why do you think did I start such a thread?  Because in the morning people are not online (you neither) and on IRC most admins don't answer/ don't want to come to a server because they pretend they have no time.....experienced that often enought, thx
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:23:50 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 11:59:56 am »
I guess certain people are just too lazy to do so, yet they have the time to make a public complaint thread about it :mrgreen:

Offline Palestinian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 'Pals' of Palestine
  • Game nicks: IGN : Disenfranchised_Palestinian
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 06:42:42 pm »
I play a lot in the early mornings (NA). Populations are sparse and admins are rarely on. I don't think it's fair to players either to have to go into IRC to get help. I think I speak for most casual players when I say I shouldn't have to go into IRC to get help nor do I want to even download IRC and figure how it works --a program i'd only use to get the attention of admins? lame. People just have to have better poll etiquette.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:43:57 pm by Palestinian »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 06:46:45 pm »
+1
You don't have to download IRC you can just go directly to it via that big massive giantic gigantopid uber huge humongous double whopper sized button to the top right...

TITANIC!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 2432
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 07:59:05 pm »
Kinda offtopic, but I would really like to see you admin guys being a lot harsher, banning people a lot more and doing perma bans without unban option. Currently, those who don't break rules and play proper don't get any benefits from it. Get this community in order, please. Less kids, more mature people :)