Author Topic: Remove "disable polls power" from admins  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Remove "disable polls power" from admins
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 08:01:32 pm »
Kinda offtopic, but I would really like to see you admin guys being a lot harsher, banning people a lot more and doing perma bans without unban option. Currently, those who don't break rules and play proper don't get any benefits from it. Get this community in order, please. Less kids, more mature people :)

Currently experimenting with that right now, just waiting for the complaints to roll in... though oddly enough no one has yet to complain.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 01:17:34 am »
So you think people are spamming more polls when an admin is on? o.O  Haven't recognised that yet, sorry. There are sometimes a few guys who are constantly spamming polls, but that rarely happens. And it's not that distracting when a poll comes...Just finish your fight and press escape or 1/2 then.

Not what I meant by that, I mean that people do spam polls whether or not an admin is present. Not that when one arrives.

Why do you think did I start such a thread?  Because in the morning people are not online (you neither) and on IRC most admins don't answer/ don't want to come to a server because they pretend they have no time.....experienced that often enought, thx

Shout louder or if an admin says "bye" then scream that they need to turn the polls back on. It should be something that every admin checks before they leave the server, but stopping us from dealing with them is more of a pain in the arse.

If polls were made so that an admin could auto-reject them then people would band together and spam polls, the only sure fire way to make sure that polls are turned back on when there are no admins are on is to program something that checks whether or not an admin is present, and then turns polls on/off accordingly, although I would highly doubt this would be something particullarly high up the on the "things to do" list.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 10:29:20 pm »
Is anyone here able to read?

Most of the time it's just useless to join IRC because admins are not answering or doing anything or whatever! I can't count how often I've tried that and maybe 1 out of 10 times something happens *cheer*

Good idea about that programming thingy Tenne. But I can't do such stuff^^