• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Re: Ranged
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 02:51:10 pm »
No matter that almost every arbalest oneshots people with 60 or more bodyarmour, no matter that most 2h do the same, no matter that polearm stuns you for 1 second or more so you can't block a second hit....I am the overpowered player  8-)

Do not mention XBOWS. They are PERFECTLY BALANCED. In fact they are probably the most logically balanced items in this game and are in fact not overpowered in ANY way. Now, let's never speak of this again. /thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 03:08:05 pm »
WHAT ?????

I HAVE 8 power draw and use +3 horn bow, +3 bodkin arrow AND CANT KILL WITH HEAD SHOT !!!

I WANT MORE DAMAGE FOR ARCHERY.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 03:24:26 pm »
So you do not like archers to run, think a bit, archers do exactly that.
If I can shoot you from afar, why on earth would I get any closer?
If I decide to have good accuracy, I am quite destroyed meleewise due to the wpf system (at lvl up to 30),
If I want to retire, I am not effective at all until I reach lvl 25/26 (or I am a badass).
If I have a shield in front of me, or a thrower, I am in trouble.
If I shoot most people (and happen to hit), I wont do much damage due to cut damage (except for the veeeeeeeery slow Longbow, taking 2 slots and letting me with a 0 slot weapon) and the huge amount of loomed armour.
The amount of arrows is not big (you can shoot them all in 30 seconds).
If I shoot, theres always a position you can get to somehow, even in full plate, avoid my arrow. Please look this awesome piece of work from cheapshot, it works for archers as well.
(click to show/hide)
If I am the last one in the round and run, people start shouting kick, ban that guy, etc.
Again, If you get a SHIELD, I am in trouble.
If you are a ninja, I am in trouble.

So you complain of archers? Please do one of the following:
GET A SHIELD
GET A SHIELD
RUN
SUICIDE (ingame, aka as respec to get a shield)
GET A SHIELD
This is your friend:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 03:25:03 pm »
No matter that almost every arbalest oneshots people with 60 or more bodyarmour, no matter that most 2h do the same, no matter that polearm stuns you for 1 second or more so you can't block a second hit....I am the overpowered player  8-)

And how is all that comparable to doing the same damage from far away and shooting more often than xbows ? And I forgot about running and shooting nearly without having to slow down. If ranged weapons do the same damage as melee weapons, I don't see any reason to go melee. Better yet, on top of your range, you inflict unblockable damage (a part from shields that are exactly turned towards you).

Polestun doesn't stun for one second (the effect is only useful when your team is ganking someone with high armor), and 2h don't oneshot except in high str vs low str situations.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 03:37:13 pm »
So you do not like archers to run, think a bit, archers do exactly that.
If I can shoot you from afar, why on earth would I get any closer?
If I decide to have good accuracy, I am quite destroyed meleewise due to the wpf system (at lvl up to 30),
If I want to retire, I am not effective at all until I reach lvl 25/26 (or I am a badass).
If I have a shield in front of me, or a thrower, I am in trouble.
If I shoot most people (and happen to hit), I wont do much damage due to cut damage (except for the veeeeeeeery slow Longbow, taking 2 slots and letting me with a 0 slot weapon) and the huge amount of loomed armour.
The amount of arrows is not big (you can shoot them all in 30 seconds).
If I shoot, theres always a position you can get to somehow, even in full plate, avoid my arrow. Please look this awesome piece of work from cheapshot, it works for archers as well.If I am the last one in the round and run, people start shouting kick, ban that guy, etc.
Again, If you get a SHIELD, I am in trouble.
If you are a ninja, I am in trouble.

So you complain of archers? Please do one of the following:
GET A SHIELD
GET A SHIELD
RUN
SUICIDE (ingame, aka as respec to get a shield)
GET A SHIELD
This is your friend:
(click to show/hide)

Lol.. please stop the "get a shield" nonsense. A shield is only "good" because it provides autoblock. The coverage is so ridiculously small on most shield they are completly useless against ranged attack. And I don't mention their weight that make shielders the slowest class, unable to run after archers.

Also, why do all the infantry and cav have to adapt to the ridiculous properties of archers when archers don't have to adapt at all ? Furthermore, finding cover, while sometimes possible (on most maps it's NOT), just means the inf hiding is a dead unit. If the inf starts hiding, I can tell you the archers already won the round, because they can turn around the cover, forcing the inf to move and get shot. Archers can even wait for the flags while the inf are nailed down.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 04:03:12 pm »
Lol.. please stop the "get a shield" nonsense. A shield is only "good" because it provides autoblock. The coverage is so ridiculously small on most shield they are completly useless against ranged attack. And I don't mention their weight that make shielders the slowest class, unable to run after archers.

Also, why do all the infantry and cav have to adapt to the ridiculous properties of archers when archers don't have to adapt at all ? Furthermore, finding cover, while sometimes possible (on most maps it's NOT), just means the inf hiding is a dead unit. If the inf starts hiding, I can tell you the archers already won the round, because they can turn around the cover, forcing the inf to move and get shot. Archers can even wait for the flags while the inf are nailed down.
Well, going ranged is an addaptation to shoot without getting hurt, and can run mostly due to low armor. Think about native archers and how they got nerfed, with the current build system it is not easy to combine good archery and melee fighting, resulting in pure archers that can do nothing tbut run, so it is evolve or die.

As a shield, I mean not the top end ones, but the medium lighter ones, and if you want to chase archers, you need quite high athl.
With shield, your shield is your armor, so you should not use plate, chainmail is good enough. With high agi you have athl and shield skill with increases its "field". (If concerned about low damage, use pierce/blunt + footwork)

About hiding, if it helps you survive while support arrives, thats it, not at the end of the round. At the end of the round, a 2her vs an archer is in trouble (again, dancing helps a lot here)

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 05:23:51 pm »
Well, going ranged is an addaptation to shoot without getting hurt

Quite proving my point here. Archery is the adaptation against itself... Trust me with the current system it is not easy to be a decent ranged when you are a melee fighter x)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 05:36:55 pm »
And already the masses start repeating themselves.

The only nerf I would like to see is the Longbow reduced from 26P to 25P.

Yeah....
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 05:55:25 pm »
+1
You have to sacrifice a silly number of points into PD / WM to play archer, leaving very little for melee WPF / PS. You really can't expect archers to willingly engage in melee.

I engage in melee all the time, everytime with my archer when a melee comes in contact, and I do good enough with a 21/15 build.
I use a longsword for melee. 70 wpf in it, avoids repair-rape.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 06:47:23 pm »
+1
this is ridiculous they are IMPOSSIBLE to kill.

So true! They NEVER die, they just respawn the next round and we're back to the starting point...
We all know every archer in the game has died exactly zero times. Their immortality is unquestionable.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:51:39 pm by Lichen »

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 06:59:21 pm »
+1
I engage in melee all the time, everytime with my archer when a melee comes in contact, and I do good enough with a 21/15 build.
I use a longsword for melee. 70 wpf in it, avoids repair-rape.

Longbow/Rus bow + Longsword, perfect item combi...wait no arrows...pff as an dedicated archer(no hybrid who are better in melee than in archery) you are bound to use 0 slot weapon or when you can live with only a handful arrows an 1 slot weapon

though i dont have problem with archery, when some points would be add to missile speed it would be enough...its ridiculous that a inf can avoid almost every arrow when he is aware of the archer...archers dont have a primary target anymore except from low tier horses...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:01:20 pm by Farrok »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 873
  • Infamy: 2555
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 07:03:34 pm »
Nerf Nelo, Jambi, Nebun, Tenne and Chase but leave archery as it is.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 07:53:19 pm »
Longbow/Rus bow + Longsword, perfect item combi...wait no arrows...pff as an dedicated archer(no hybrid who are better in melee than in archery) you are bound to use 0 slot weapon or when you can live with only a handful arrows an 1 slot weapon

though i dont have problem with archery, when some points would be add to missile speed it would be enough...its ridiculous that a inf can avoid almost every arrow when he is aware of the archer...archers dont have a primary target anymore except from low tier horses...

Horn bow + stack of arrow + longsword, I have 130+ wpf in bow and 70 in 2h, got 7 PD and PS 5 ath and WM, I kill well with said bow and I rarely run out of arrows in a battle.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 08:32:33 pm »
I think we should make a special little crpg for this guy from pre january and stick him vs pelulu in it. Then see what you think about current ranged being OP.

I'd say HA are balanced now. I didn't see Tuonela and the likes playing recently so I can't give a definitive response though. But the average HA I encountered either had terribad aim or hurt like a toothpick thrower, or both. They still hurt horses a lot though, but they aren't half as many as they used to be before the nerf so it's hard to say.

Foot archers on the other hand...

Tuonela has been on a bit but nowhere near as much with HA as before. He's mostly on the Pecores server I've noticed. I've had some good fights with him and beaten him a few times. He's not as strong as he used to be, but he can still top the score boards and get lots of head shots. I have nothing but admiration for his ability and he is very very frustrating and intense to fight on horse back, I frequently have to call in support from other GK's in order to handle him and limit his ability to swing a battle. When I first played HA I used to leave servers if Tuonela was on just because it would mean instant death for me.

But yes I think HA are balanced now. Not as accurate as we used to be, nor as high damage, especially with the fact it's pretty much impossible to use bodkins because of upkeep. I still see my roll as primarily anti cav to shoot down their horses, and I think that's what HA should really be. Not to mention it's a class many people don't want to play for various reasons. Prior to the last patch a lot of HA cropped up, partly due to that HA is OP thread I think, but I've noticed they are a rarity now. You get the usuals like Danton, Fru, Toc and me, but otherwise they are less and less frequent.

As for foot archers, they are in a good place right now. The accuracy is crap compared to what it used to be, as well as damage. They are also a lot slower because of the animation change. You will always have lots of archers no matter how much you nerf them, it's the nature of the class and to be honest, fairly accurate in terms of a historical stand point. And I know we can't argue realism over balance here, but chadz did state they want an overall relation to realism (hence him wanting people to use lower tier equipment for the majority).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:50:07 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 10:16:37 am »
archery is not OP, archery is just good vs guys without shield ,cav is good vs all kinda inf and inf is average op to everything XD
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!