Author Topic: LLJK bends the knee to Pecores  (Read 9026 times)

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
GENERIC POLITICAL DISCUSSION NO HATERS ALLOWED
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2011, 09:58:08 pm »
new subject
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
Re: LLJK bends the knee to Pecores
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2011, 09:59:07 pm »
It's ridiculous, but please give me a link to a copy of that international law.

http://www.icrc.org/eng/war-and-law/treaties-customary-law/geneva-conventions/index.jsp

Protocol I Article 2

"The Conventions apply to all cases of declared war between signatory nations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_war

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2011, 09:59:36 pm »
Well fuck... if we can do things and ignore the definitions, then ...  I am your world leader, and you are my wife. I am also a citizen of every country ever known to man.

Clever and well known move.
start trolling whenever you reach an impasse. So great : )

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2011, 10:00:46 pm »
Clever and well known move.
start trolling whenever you reach an impasse. So great : )

I am not the dumbass saying "well I know she is not legally an American nor was she born there, but fucking hell since she has lived there for a couple of years she is American."

Well then I am American and Ojibwe and German and Turkish then! Fuck yeah! Some of my education was in Turkey, at the very least that counts!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2011, 10:04:01 pm »
America isn't a nation, its just a gaggle of Hicks and rich folks flying a giant DON'T TREAD ON ME flag/

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2011, 10:05:17 pm »
I am not the dumbass saying "well I know she is not legally an American nor was she born there, but fucking hell since she has lived there for a couple of years she is American."

Well then I am American and Ojibwe and German and Turkish then! Fuck yeah! Some of my education was in Turkey, at the very least that counts!

Okay. Her knowledge regarding this topic or her opinion about it was definetely not formed before she was 12 but rather between 14 and 18, during her highshool years in America. Therefore it is quite an important point to this conversation. And again, in every sentence she states herself as american, do you need any more proof? SHE HERSELF SAYS IT!

and good job on quitting the trolling by calling me dumbass.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2011, 10:06:21 pm »
America isn't a nation, its just a gaggle of Hicks and rich folks flying a giant DON'T TREAD ON ME flag/

I thought we were talking about America not the Republic of Texas... OH SNAP!

Okay. Her knowledge regarding this topic or her opinion about it was definetely not formed before she was 12 but rather between 14 and 18, during her highshool years in America. Therefore it is quite an important point to this conversation. And again, in every sentence she states herself as american, do you need any more proof? SHE HERSELF SAYS IT!

and good job on quitting the trolling by calling me dumbass.

I MYSELF SAY THAT I AM A GOD AMONG MEN, so WHY DON'T YOU FINALLY BEND YOUR KNEE TO ME MORTAL?!

After all, I MYSELF SAY THIS! Yeah I know the English Language disagrees with me, but FUCK THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, after all if you can ignore legal and language definitions, then why can't I?

Seriously, bow to me bitches.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:07:59 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2011, 10:12:56 pm »
http://www.icrc.org/eng/war-and-law/treaties-customary-law/geneva-conventions/index.jsp

Protocol I Article 2

"The Conventions apply to all cases of declared war between signatory nations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_war

you and i both know that international law does not affect entities that are not states. Furthermore, the reality of modern warfare is that a declaration of war is no longer needed, because no one fights honourably. If war was defined as requiring a "declaration of war" then The vietnamese-cambodian war was not a war because no decaration was issued, even though every other part of war exists. The modern distinction of war and conflict is just political semantics to get the retards from not realizing that PEOPLE ARE DYING DUE TO BULLETS AND SHIT. There is no practical difference between an armed conflict and a war.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2011, 10:18:15 pm »
you and i both know that international law does not affect entities that are not states. Furthermore, the reality of modern warfare is that a declaration of war is no longer needed, because no one fights honourably. If war was defined as requiring a "declaration of war" then The vietnamese-cambodian war was not a war because no decaration was issued, even though every other part of war exists. The modern distinction of war and conflict is just political semantics to get the retards from not realizing that PEOPLE ARE DYING DUE TO BULLETS AND SHIT. There is no practical difference between an armed conflict and a war.

I'm not saying that armed conflict is any less horrible for having a declaration of war. It is simply that there are guidelines deciding what can be called a war under the Geneva convention. As no war has been declared (in quite a while) there is no protection provided underneath the convention for those involved, with exceptions provided within the Protocols and articles.

I'm sorry if that isn't exactly making sense the way I'm wording it. English isn't my first language (as it isn't many peoples here) but I'm trying the best I can.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2011, 10:19:54 pm »
I'm sorry if that isn't exactly making sense the way I'm wording it. English isn't my first language (as it isn't many peoples here) but I'm trying the best I can.

You are making sense, just some people are putting personal beliefs before what the legal and language definitions are of War.

Is it practically the same thing? You bet, but are they the exact same thing? No.
 Deal with it folks. Unfortunately, the language and legal definitions say a specific thing on this. I can really see where some of you guys are coming from, but the laws are pretty clear on this.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:21:24 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2011, 10:26:06 pm »
I can really see where some of you guys are coming from

and that would be?

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2011, 10:27:24 pm »
I'm not saying that armed conflict is any less horrible for having a declaration of war. It is simply that there are guidelines deciding what can be called a war under the Geneva convention. As no war has been declared (in quite a while) there is no protection provided underneath the convention for those involved, with exceptions provided within the Protocols and articles.

i get what your saying, but i'm saying that the modern trend towards avoiding the use of war is to hide the fact that armed conflicts are happening without any formal declaration of war and are in violation of the Geneva convention, OR it is a loophole to hide the fact that the  belligerant is engaging in the acts of war, without needing to formally declare and thus keeping the war "quiet" so that internal dissent does not force the belligerant to withdraw. War is another game of politics, we can talk about how militarly you won, proof with stats and whatnot, but if a war does no fulfill it's political objectives, then it is a loss, and all those casualties were in vain.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2011, 10:28:34 pm »
You are making sense, just some people are putting personal beliefs before what the legal and language definitions are of War.

Is it practically the same thing? You bet, but are they the exact same thing? No.
 Deal with it folks. Unfortunately, the language and legal definitions say a specific thing on this. I can really see where some of you guys are coming from, but the laws are pretty clear on this.

the "law" is obsolete, modern wars are never declared. THe geneva convention is a peice of shit that no one follows anyways, it's just words. Like Pompey Magnus said "stop quoting law, we carry swords"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2011, 10:29:21 pm »
and that would be?

Obviously they are coming from where they are typing (that it is mainly the same thing for the actions involved are the same). However, the clear difference between a long series of Conflicts, and a War, is that they have different Political Ramifications, even though the actions are near identical, and that is where opinions differ in this thread (despite the laws being very clear on this).

the "law" is obsolete, modern wars are never declared. THe geneva convention is a peice of shit that no one follows anyways, it's just words. Like Pompey Magnus said "stop quoting law, we carry swords"

With all due respect, we are arguing just that, words. As for the quote, wars are dictated by largely politicians in the world of today and mere "words" hold considerable sway, Pompey lived in a radically different world. His quote could be considered "obsolete" for large parts of the world.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:31:40 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2011, 10:30:32 pm »
Obviously they are coming from where they are typing (that it is mainly the same thing for the actions involved are the same). However, the clear difference between a long series of Conflicts, and a War, is that they have different Political Ramifications, even though the actions are near identical, and that is where opinions differ in this thread (despite the laws being very clear on this).

how are political results of a war of independance different from a conflict of independance?