Author Topic: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered  (Read 23524 times)

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered
« Reply #330 on: September 16, 2011, 07:57:23 pm »
+1
i salute you, didnt thought you will pull it off

if they will keep cav nerfed to the ground, you can link my quitting to your forum efforts Leshma

So, if you can't stay overpowered you quit, makes sense.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2256
  • Infamy: 687
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2011, 08:05:05 pm »

I bet cavarly is gonna be buffed more then they were before this nerf cause certain people don't feel the joy of being a cav...

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #332 on: September 16, 2011, 08:10:03 pm »

when i dont find fun in game i dont play it, i wont switch to some op 2h mode with set of x3 armor to improve my ego, as i dont find fun in infantry play

its simple if horses are slow they arent fun, still cav will be able to topscore as people still will not look around, but take the fun element from this build and well whats the point of playing ? i was already considering it after the reduced angle of hit nerf, as it screwed up the cav vs cav fights for me... adding to this slow ass horses that imitate the frankish knights ? well ill pass on this one if it happens

anyway ill check back in couple of days and see how it looks

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #333 on: September 16, 2011, 08:22:35 pm »
sigh cav is being nerfed to the ground, everyone should just go a man at arms build

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #334 on: September 16, 2011, 08:26:14 pm »
when i dont find fun in game i dont play it, i wont switch to some op 2h mode with set of x3 armor to improve my ego, as i dont find fun in infantry play

its simple if horses are slow they arent fun, still cav will be able to topscore as people still will not look around, but take the fun element from this build and well whats the point of playing ? i was already considering it after the reduced angle of hit nerf, as it screwed up the cav vs cav fights for me... adding to this slow ass horses that imitate the frankish knights ? well ill pass on this one if it happens

anyway ill check back in couple of days and see how it looks
op 2h mode? dude wtf are you talking about?

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 16, 2011, 08:27:41 pm »
op 2h mode? dude wtf are you talking about?

2h is balanced, but as it is being a 2h is easier than cav.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 16, 2011, 10:01:09 pm »

It's not fun to be lanced in the back 1 hit killed because the cav sound in this game is fucked up, so I don't feel sorry for you at all.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #337 on: September 16, 2011, 10:22:29 pm »
It's not fun to be lanced in the back 1 hit killed because the cav sound in this game is fucked up, so I don't feel sorry for you at all.

Funny how no one has fixed that bug. So you're saying that cavalry shouldn't be cavalry, but instead be infantry mounted on electric wheelchairs? Because you can't hear hooves? How does that address your issue?

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 16, 2011, 10:23:21 pm »
Wat? picking off unaware infantry is harder than fighting in group melee fights while worrying whether or not a cav is going to lance you in the ass?

wat?

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 16, 2011, 10:27:36 pm »
Wat? picking off unaware infantry is harder than fighting in group melee fights while worrying whether or not a cav is going to lance you in the ass?

wat?

so cav is only for picking off nubs?

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #340 on: September 16, 2011, 10:39:54 pm »

tell me, but be honest, do you pass on occasion to hit other inf guy in in the back during melee group fight ? or do you take advantage of this situation and slice him in the back ?

so whats the difference between backstabbing cav and inf doing the same thing on foot ? all players take advantage of people that dont see them, cav have just more occasion than do so than others

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 16, 2011, 10:43:53 pm »
tell me, but be honest, do you pass on occasion to hit other inf guy in in the back during melee group fight ? or do you take advantage of this situation and slice him in the back ?

so whats the difference between backstabbing cav and inf doing the same thing on foot ? all players take advantage of people that dont see them, cav have just more occasion than do so than others

Lol, you're like Joxer, completely retarded, I'm done here.

If you can't see the difference from taking advantage of a glitchy engine that let cav run around soundless then have fun.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:45:08 pm by Siiem »

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 16, 2011, 10:46:09 pm »

If you can't see the difference from taking advantage of a glitchy engine that let cav run around soundless then have fun.

ban cav

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 16, 2011, 10:51:35 pm »
so cav is only for picking off nubs?

It sounds to me like you want cav to have the ability to pick of infantry regardless of their skills/weaponry/build. And I'm telling you that is not balanced nor how cav has EVER worked in this game.

Cav has ALWAYS been the *gank* class. Its weird how you people don't seem realize this. Infantry will ALWAYS be the backbone of the army. Cav and to a lesser extent archers are just support.

Look at any given *good* cavalry player. Do you ever see them directly charging inf if they aren't rocking a plated charger?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #344 on: September 16, 2011, 10:55:07 pm »
+1

So no need to be so sore about it. If it's a glitchy engine then nothing can be done. Accept it, move on. Rather than try and ruin someone elses class because you get so worked up over being killed in a game.

I have no issues with being lanced ect as my 2h. I see it as fair.

Some inf just won't be happy until all archers and cav are useless and gone.

Edit:

What inf don't seem to understand is that no matter how much you nerf cav, they will always lance you in the back ect. It's the nature of the class. There will always be cav to do it unless you nerf them so hard into the ground that no one plays them any more.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:59:34 pm by Overdriven »