Author Topic: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered  (Read 23521 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2011, 03:18:02 am »
hmm i'll raise my volume next time, if i still cant hear cav SOMEONES GONNA GET IT (cav).

Offline Hotpokka

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2011, 03:21:27 am »
Cav is easy mode and allways have been just increase the price on horses so players cant take em out for a spin 24/7
Please raise the prices of bows too. Archers should not be able to use their bows 24/7.
And please but a price on health so STR based 2her's can't play their class effectively either.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2011, 03:35:20 am »
Thomek GK clan is playing in windowed mode for 24/7 cav lobbyisme dont let it get to you  :mrgreen:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2011, 04:55:47 am »
OH ITS THIS THREAD AGAIN
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2011, 05:04:40 am »
Cav are clearly overpowered: it's a fact.

Solutions:
-Every minute every horse has a 25% chance to come to a stop and poop for 5 seconds
-All cav now have a boombox attached that screams 'WEEOOOWWEEEOOO LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!'

(click to show/hide)
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Hisagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saints of War
  • Game nicks: SoW_BS_Toby_Moogle_King, sK_BlackHawk
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2011, 05:08:28 am »
The reason I don't play cav is because how nerfed it is.

Another nerf would have me lose total faith in this game balance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hisagi's Den of Gewdies

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2011, 05:39:41 am »
The reason I don't play cav is because how nerfed it is.

ROFL!

-All cav now have a boombox attached that screams 'WEEOOOWWEEEOOO LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!'

Still wouldn't help.  Reason?  Warbands sound engine is such shit, with no directional sound quality whatsoever that you would hear the boombox from the cav across the map as if it was right on top of you, and wouldn't hear the boombox from the cav that is right fucking behind you.
Problem is the shitty sound engine, not cav themselves.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2011, 05:44:17 am »
Problem is the shitty sound engine, not cav themselves.

We all agree on that, but there's nothing to be done about it.

So something else must be done to deal with their silent superfast kill with more damage than 90% of any inf. strike +  quick getaway advantage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2011, 05:50:38 am »
I have a great idea that is super serious and will add greatly to discussion!

cut off their legs. :3

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2011, 09:25:43 am »
The problem with balancing for EUs is that the skill level there is generally really, really low.  The most advanced tactic I saw was mass camping a roof with 15-20 archers that tried to plink plink at my cataphract as their teammates died one after another.  You shouldn't talk about balance when you haven't played a variety of classes, and when you are obviously bad at the game.
worst post Ive ever read

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2011, 09:26:26 am »
We all agree on that, but there's nothing to be done about it.

So something else must be done to deal with their silent superfast kill with more damage than 90% of any inf. strike +  quick getaway advantage.

More damage than 90% of any inf strike? What kind of armour are you wearing?  :| Lances really aren't that strong unless the rider is going full speed and gets a clean hit on you. 2h swords certainly do as much, as well as a lot of polearms.

Thomek...have you played a solid cav build recently? Playing as a lancer isn't that easy. I know I certainly don't post in threads to do with classes I know bugger all about.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:29:44 am by Overdriven »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2011, 12:18:29 pm »
2h: Currently because of the lance angle nerf (most of Leshmas nerfs are for lancing), 2h outrange lancers with a lolstab. Lancers can no longer strike side on, meaning 2h simply have to spin, and because of the extra length on a lolstab and the way the lance is held (even when thrusting), they will outrange even a heavy lance. Go and test it on a server with a friend, it works every time. Hell cav struggle against even a heavy bastard sword because of the lolstab. The speed bonus working against the cav means that the lolstab will likely take out the horse to.

No, no and no. All wrong. Only thing the angle nerf did is introduce some skill. It's still easy as hell to kill any 2her if you don't just ride at him straight thinking you're invincible. No, you ride to the side a bit so your horse is protected while you lance him. Works every time. I can't believe I have to tell dedicated cavalry players this. Spectate some good cav players or something, man. And the current 2h thrust almost never kills horses.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2011, 12:21:08 pm »
No, no and no. All wrong. Only thing the angle nerf did is introduce some skill. It's still easy as hell to kill any 2her if you don't just ride at him straight thinking you're invincible. No, you ride to the side a bit so your horse is protected while you lance him. Works every time. I can't believe I have to tell dedicated cavalry players this. Spectate some good cav players or something, man.

I do...frequently. But you're wrong. The longest 2h lolstabs outrange a heavy lance stab even at the most extreme side angle. Using that slight side angle changes bugger all. And that's a heavy lance thrust. It's down to the fact the heavy lance is held half way down the shaft and the 2h is held at the end. Of course any lancer worth his salt won't even think about going into a situation where a 2h can stab their horse. But 1vs1 the 2h should win unless they are plain retarded.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2011, 12:52:14 pm »
I do...frequently. But you're wrong. The longest 2h lolstabs outrange a heavy lance stab even at the most extreme side angle. Using that slight side angle changes bugger all. And that's a heavy lance thrust. It's down to the fact the heavy lance is held half way down the shaft and the 2h is held at the end. Of course any lancer worth his salt won't even think about going into a situation where a 2h can stab their horse. But 1vs1 the 2h should win unless they are plain retarded.

No, cav die cause they go rambo mode straight ahead on a chambered 2h stab like retards. All you have to do is angle the shot and the 2h wont get you, doesent matter if he holds it at the end, halfswords it, or holds it out of his ass. He wont get you, and that is plain obvious, actualy i would go as far as to say; that is a fact.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:53:36 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2011, 01:12:24 pm »

No. Heavy lance has about 20 cm on Danish greatsword stab.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.