Author Topic: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered  (Read 23618 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2011, 05:44:27 pm »
nerf player skills, that shit is so op

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2011, 05:47:03 pm »
Also you can carry a long spear or a pike if you want, they're still extremely useful even without Weapon Proficiency, you just have to have good timing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2011, 06:11:23 pm »
Dont get caught in a position where 3-4 cav have you to themselves :P you wouldnt allow 3-4 infantry surround you so why cav :S

edit : as to the bumpslash A) stop the cav with a polearm B) sidestep works with agility builds C) dont get caught on your own and stick with teammates

Thank me later :)

A) not everyone is pikemon or carries a pole just to be able to stop cav, for instance: throwers, shielders, archers (even tho they usually have enuff agi to dodge)
b) not agi build, so move on in there, forcing spec in order to counter something is bullshit (i know some of you will bring the paper beats rock and shit, all true, but cav is too general to use this argument, as you have loads of types of cav -throwing, lancers, shielders, archers)
c) always easily doable especially on lower lvls with quite low athletics...

any more pro tips?

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2011, 06:11:35 pm »
You shouldnt be able to counter 3-4 cav rape because its 3-4 vs 1. You are getting ganked and will probably be dead soon, deal with it.

What is even more hilarious is Overdrivens response to this. Just shows faults at his reasoning as he will throw some rediculous reply as a "solution" to your post: Yea it aint hard at all, there is a pattern in their attacks duh. Cool story bro - when 3-4 cav rape you there is a pattern of your face on the ground as you will be staying there for the most of the time while they bump/lance you to death unless they are completely retarded which is just a case of ppl being retarded. As i said this is expected, as on foot when you face 3-4 enemies at once you are probably screwed unless you muster your skill and pull it off.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:13:24 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2011, 06:13:08 pm »
You shouldnt be able to counter 3-4 cav rape because its 3-4 vs 1. You are getting ganked and will probably be dead soon, deal with it.

What is even more hilarious is Overidens response to this. Just shows faults at his reasoning as he will throw some rediculous reply as a "solution" to the problem: Yea it aint hard at all, there is a pattern in their attacks duh. Cool story bro - when 3-4 cav rape you there is a pattern of your face on the ground as you will be staying there for the most of the time while they bump/lance you to death. As i said this is expected, as on foot when you face 3-4 enemies at once you are probably screwed unless you muster your skill and pull it off.

against 3-4 infantrymen i atleast have a chance, and it happened several times i came out victorious from this particular struggle, but when there are more cav, you just cannot do anything other than depend on the fact your teammates are not retarded (also, stick with team usually hurts like shit due to all the TH)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2011, 06:14:19 pm »

What is even more hilarious is Overdrivens response to this. Just shows faults at his reasoning as he will throw some rediculous reply as a "solution" to the problem: Yea it aint hard at all, there is a pattern in their attacks duh. Cool story bro - when 3-4 cav rape you there is a pattern of your face on the ground as you will be staying there for the most of the time while they bump/lance you to death unless they are completely retarded. As i said this is expected, as on foot when you face 3-4 enemies at once you are probably screwed unless you muster your skill and pull it off.

Tis true though. 1h cav will bump you to death because they can afford to turn in a tighter circle. But I've seen plenty of people survive against 3-4 lancers just by skipping sideways+downblock+ making them get in each others way. It's not that complicated. Cavalry in groups are pretty notorious for getting in each others way. All of them kill hungry...all going for the kill at the same time means a bad end for them.

There are plenty of good infantry players who can survive against 3-4 infantry, they might not kill them all...but they can survive long enough till help arrives. So no...it's not a ridiculous argument. It's more a matter of knowing how to play.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:16:03 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2011, 06:14:22 pm »

against 3-4 infantrymen i atleast have a chance, and it happened several times i came out victorious from this particular struggle, but when there are more cav, you just cannot do anything other than depend on the fact your teammates are not retarded (also, stick with team usually hurts like shit due to all the TH)

Yep. Thats that and it aint gonna change unless you have mega luck or as i said if the cavalry is completely incompetent
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:16:01 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2011, 06:30:42 pm »
i can fuck 3-4 cav in the ass with my pike.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2011, 06:34:09 pm »
Tis true though. 1h cav will bump you to death because they can afford to turn in a tighter circle. But I've seen plenty of people survive against 3-4 lancers just by skipping sideways+downblock+ making them get in each others way. It's not that complicated. Cavalry in groups are pretty notorious for getting in each others way. All of them kill hungry...all going for the kill at the same time means a bad end for them.

There are plenty of good infantry players who can survive against 3-4 infantry, they might not kill them all...but they can survive long enough till help arrives. So no...it's not a ridiculous argument. It's more a matter of knowing how to play.

It is a ridiculous argument because you are saying its not that complicated. Once they bump you, and if you face 3-4 cav they WILL bump you, you are as good as dead. Kinda hard to downblock/sidestep when your face is eating dirt. You can downblock/sidestep all you want but its just a matter of time till your face hits the ground. Bjord is toast, Xant/Siem is toast, Chase is toast, Cooties is toast i would go as far as to say that Crafty would be pretty badly fried toast.

Not counting the cav that is completely incompetent. Meaning in your case: They bump into eachother like retards, kill themselves etc. Thats just people being retarded

And this is perfectly fine, working as intended. If you are stupid enough to go on a open field vs 3-4 cav you deserve to die.

Which leads us to the core problem here: battle awearness.

People getting in these situations and then QQ-ing: omg cav is op. Its like facing a roof with 5 crosbowmen and instead of hiding you dance in front of them spamming: [.S]hoot!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:35:45 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2011, 06:38:21 pm »
It is a ridiculous argument because you are saying its not that complicated. Once they bump you, and if you face 3-4 cav they WILL bump you, you are as good as dead. Kinda hard to downblock/sidestep when your face is eating dirt. You can downblock/sidestep all you want but its just a matter of time till your face hits the ground. Bjord is toast, Xant/Siem is toast, Chase is toast, Cooties is toast i would go as far as to say that Crafty would be pretty badly fried toast.

Not counting the cav that is completely incompetent. Meaning in your case: They bump into eachother like retards, kill themselves etc. Thats just people being retarded

And this is perfectly fine, working as intended. If you are stupid enough to go on a open field vs 3-4 cav you deserve to die.

Which leads us to the core problem here: battle awearness.

People getting in these situations and then QQ-ing: omg cav is op. Its like facing a roof with 5 crosbowmen and instead of hiding you dance in front of them yelling: hoot!

That's where relying on them getting in their own way tends to work. Even if you get bumped...chances are if you're facing 3-4 lancers they are all suddenly diving in for the kill at once, meaning they will miss the lance kill and probably lance their own team, whilst you get lost in the middle of their horses. Of course all this also relies on some team mates being close to hand...which unless you're an idiot and ran off on your own, they should be.

It is people being retarded...but a large amount of crpg cav is. And you can almost guarantee that if there are 3-4 separate lancers trying to kill you, they will ram each other. Cav tend to be very kill hungry and when an opportunity like that presents itself, the vast majority fuck up.

But yes, you are right. There is no way you should get into such a situation anyway unless you are playing lone hero. I only know how to do this because I have often been downed off my horse in the middle of a cav fight, they go for the kill and then you watch them ram each other whilst your lancers/1h cav finish them off and you steal a horse.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:40:01 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2011, 06:43:01 pm »
Yeah, late spawns for instance? You download map just to be instaraped by all enemy cav. Anyone else have this issueS? :D yes, just one very specific case, but it tends to happen quite a lot since they are changing maps for strat  :mrgreen:

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2011, 06:50:57 pm »
A) not everyone is pikemon or carries a pole just to be able to stop cav, for instance: throwers, shielders, archers (even tho they usually have enuff agi to dodge)
b) not agi build, so move on in there, forcing spec in order to counter something is bullshit (i know some of you will bring the paper beats rock and shit, all true, but cav is too general to use this argument, as you have loads of types of cav -throwing, lancers, shielders, archers)
c) always easily doable especially on lower lvls with quite low athletics...

any more pro tips?

I give you 3 counters and you cant do any of them? even stick with teammates which tbh unless you are so 'special' and get lost is not a hard thing to do (low athletics is not an excuse... we have all played peasant :P). I could give you more pro tips but I think its best that we get the most basic tactics into your head first then we can move onto the 'advanced' tactics :P

edit : on the subject of multiple cav bumping and winning, what kind of 'intelligent' player gets themselves into such a situation when they should know these 3-4 cav are about. This relates to the ninja theory, ninjas love going off in small packs and trying to flank footmen, but then often get cut down by multiple cav who see them unsupported in open field (not to mention ninjas mostly carry katanas which hardly deter heavy cav), the small group of players is cut down due to a bad tactical decision. You put yourself in such a position voluntarily you deserve to get cut down, if you just lost teammates or spawned late then I'm sorry for your loss, better luck next time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:56:58 pm by Lorenzo_of_Iberia »
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2011, 06:55:30 pm »
The problem is not cavalry itself, but infantry spreading out, thus getting killed one by one easily. People need to think a bit and use tactics. I think it must not be that hard to form a circle or square with pikers protecting the team...

With all due respect, there are too many newbies in battle lately.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2011, 06:59:56 pm »
fewer people play battles over siege because of some of the following reasons:

More in-game playtime(dont have to wait for round end to spawn)

The objective is not to kill everyone on the other team(dont have to chase around those 7-10 athletics people or have to climb ridiculous ladders and jump rooftops to go after one archer)

The "action" is generally located about 2-3 areas(more mass fighting instead of duels)

Equipment updates are more frequent(dont have to log out and back in to get your newly purchased stuff)

To me, this sounds like much more fun. It really has nothing to do with whether cav is involved or not, and they actually often are involved. Especially in the sieges where the flag is located in the courtyard.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2011, 07:37:25 pm »
Cav op? Nonsense.