Author Topic: Balance Polearms  (Read 6999 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Most pikes are questionable in 1v1, why not ingame?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 11:26:30 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
:shock: What is this, I don't even

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 11:30:31 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
:shock: What is this, I don't even

Downs Rage, that's what.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 11:44:16 pm »
+1
Nerf melee stats of javelins. They are absolutely OP because those are both polearms and throwing weps  :cry:

Polearms can do everything. Guess what ? To do everything with them, you need more than one polearm.

2h can also do everything, but you only need a danish GS.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 12:13:39 am »
nerf fucking long dagger... i mean, it's so fucking good at chambering and you can both use it with AND without a shield... and on fucking horseback? what the hell is fasader thinking about here? next thing you know they make daggers throwable... they could call it throwing daggers or something.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1377
  • Infamy: 987
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 12:20:49 am »
We should remove polearms from the game.

Nah. just fix the stab speed.

Offline vinnytk

• Baron
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA USA USA USA
  • Game nicks: USA_BARACK_OBAMA_AMERICA
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 12:47:54 am »
nerf fucking long dagger... i mean, it's so fucking good at chambering and you can both use it with AND without a shield... and on fucking horseback? what the hell is fasader thinking about here? next thing you know they make daggers throwable... they could call it throwing daggers or something.

A long dagger on cav is funny actually because their is some broken ghost reach when doing a stab from horse back.  So you bump a guy and then stab him in the face with a thrust through the horsey's neck
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 08:22:41 am »
Only thing I agree about is making pikes and longspears 3slot ,so only dedicated pikemen can use them instead of anyone who has free slots and wants to get some easy kills in groups.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 09:04:24 am »
+1
Only thing I agree about is making pikes and longspears 3slot ,so only dedicated pikemen can use them instead of anyone who has free slots and wants to get some easy kills in groups.
Repeating this sentiment. A pikeman shouldn't have a pole axe on his back.
As it is, I'm one of those guys.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 09:43:24 am »
even read about the real awlpike

(click to show/hide)

which book?

what does it mean mediocre damage?

i'm sure that author didn't know much about human constitution. yes it delivers critical damage to halflings, but to man-sized opponents...
HEY WTF!?!?!

which are other sizes of opponents you fight against? halflings? giants? in which "IRL" world or dimension do you live?!?!

lol kid
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:44:32 am by FICO »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 10:34:46 am »
As it is, I'm one of those guys.

not a poleaxe but a longsword or something

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2011, 01:47:08 pm »
That is why ALL these polearms need the "cannot sheath" flag (poleaxes, bardiches, Bec... I am looking at you). Making them 3 slot items just means that anyone that will want to carry a proper melee weapon will be limited to 1H without a shield. In turn it means very few people with pikes and a cavalry heaven. You will not even be able to pick one up from the ground because it will drop all your other melee weapons.

Polearms need the "cannot sheath" flag.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2011, 05:15:45 pm »
+4

So do 2hers then for game balance.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2011, 06:29:23 pm »
Don't nerf all polearms because you are butt hurt about the two longest pokiest ones. Making both long spears and pikes 3 slots sounds fine.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2011, 09:53:44 pm »
even read about the real awlpike

Awlpike(IRL description from book)-
Also known just as a "pike" and a Morris pike (corruption of Moorish), this is an infantry spear raning from 16 to 22 feet in length.  Awl Heads are usually leaf- or lozenge shaped.  The pole is made of a strong wood, such as ash.  Many pike heads are made with two tongues of steel, nailed down the sides of the shaft in order to prevent the head from getting hacked off.   The grip is often bound with cloth and the butt capped in steel to prevent the shaft from splitting.  The awl pike has the DUBIOUS distinction of being the SLOWEST polearm available.  add this to its MEDIOCRE damage against man-sized opponents, and one is left with a weapon of QUESTIONABLE VALUE, except when used EN MASSE on the battlefied.

INGAME= ridonkulous awesome dueling 1v1 weapon of death, plus hell you have 2 pike users, oh shit no one can stop u now lol (like IRL, o wait you'd get raped IRL with only 2 slow ass unwieldy pikes that do poor damage)

IRL= slow ass poor damage weapon, only useful in large formations(we're talking 4 rows deep, the real advantage of "long spear" type weapons, total suck in 1v1 due to slowness, bad damage)

seriously the way pikes are used now(long spears, bills), something should be changed,

I PROPOSE

Make all pikes/long spears/english bill/flamberge/halberd 3 slot weapons (to stop people from being able to carry 2 big ass weapons into battle, pikemen rarely had anything, maybe a dagger/short sword as backup)

OR

Make almost all polearms non-sheathable, this would also solve alot of problems (not to mention there is no such thing as a bec de corbin sheath, never was)

AND

lower spear damages back to pre-boost levels, with the new armor pierce is best damage instead of blunt, and we need a corresponding value change or else you really haven't made it where people take lots of hits

OR

Lower spear speeds, one big problem that can't be fixed is that polearms easily cause hits due to their hitbox flaws right a the 0 range, Walt's testing showed in the first 1/3 of a thrust the 2h animation doesn't deal damage, but the pole does, this is what causes those inch stabs with polearms, slowing their speed would help mitigate the faulty hitbox

OR

we can all just play "The_Last_Polespamurai" game that we got now (I was The_Last_Polespamurai, so yea I know how totally easy polearms are now compared to other weapons, destroy shields, kill all horses, duel just as fast as the greatest 2hs, use a shield and a red tassel spear and carry a poleaxe on your back into combat like some kind of hyper POLERAMBO

as a 2hander, i disagree all the points. specially this

INGAME= ridonkulous awesome dueling 1v1 weapon of death, plus hell you have 2 pike users, oh shit no one can stop u now lol (like IRL, o wait you'd get raped IRL with only 2 slow ass unwieldy pikes that do poor damage)

2 attack directions = awesome dueling weapon of death? OMFG.

you have 2 pike users, oh shit no one can stop u now lol

pretty much like 2 maulers do, like 2 archers would do kiting you, like 2 cavs would do bumping you over and over...

... slowing their speed would help mitigate the faulty hitbox ...

really makes me laugh...

man, if you got steamrolled 1vs1 by a pike, there something wrong with you. and if you get rolled by 2 pikemen constantly, no need to rewrite the game for you. just don't rush in a 1vs2 if you can't handle it.

if everytime we got ganked, we wrote a thread, we would need a server farm just to host "Suggestions Corner".

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2011, 09:58:03 pm »
That is why ALL these polearms need the "cannot sheath" flag (poleaxes, bardiches, Bec... I am looking at you). Making them 3 slot items just means that anyone that will want to carry a proper melee weapon will be limited to 1H without a shield. In turn it means very few people with pikes and a cavalry heaven. You will not even be able to pick one up from the ground because it will drop all your other melee weapons.

for the sake of realism, we keep removing stuff from the game. waoh.

why i only see "nerf here! nerf there!" and never "buff a bit here, a bit there."

instead, no. nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf...