Author Topic: Traitors who give the enemy quarter!  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
Re: Traitors who give the enemy quarter!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 03:06:00 pm »
I kill my teammates as soon as I can, if for nothing else then to hear them yell out in teamspeak. I think all think all this knight e-honor stuff is pathetic nerd RP bullshit, but play how you like I suppose
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 03:08:36 pm »
I dont wanna rage.

Enforce Reflect team damage 100%, and I will be in every fight. I dont fear the enemy, I fear the fucking nabs on my team.

You go fucking practise, Vance.

So you're a bad team player because you can't control your emotions? ... OK I'll go practise fucking if you go get therapy.

Oh and maybe mention your arrogance early, might save you some money...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:40:07 pm by Vance »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 03:08:50 pm »
No, you misunderstand, its not harder, its a joke. 2 players who understand "combat dance" and their weapon ranges, there noone in the world who can beat that v 2. But since the majority of people playing crpg have NO respect, I wont help in teamfights. Ill backstab the last guys defending the flag on siege, but I wont run to help teammates in the vast majority of fights: Why? Because being killed by enemy, yeah thats fine, being killed by my own team makes rage. I dont wanna rage.

Enforce Reflect team damage 100%, and I will be in every fight. I dont fear the enemy, I fear the fucking nabs on my team.

As far as killing my "friends" on enemy team, I leave them usually because I know them as good players, and in most fights, having 3 guys after you is a ADVANTAGE: They kill themselves. I use this to my advantage and so to many others, if all nabs back off my "friend" on enemy team, I LOVE to kill them first.

But I wont fight next to some twat who has never played mount and blade, bought Warband, got FUCKING DESTROYED in Native Multi, so downloaded cRPG cause they think grinding will replace skill: Guess what, you still suck, I wont fight next to you because I dont wanna die from your shitty mistakes, Get the fuck out of my way and I will do my damndest to kill every single enemy by myself if I have to, as long as no teammate fucks me over, I can best almost anyone.

This isnt Hubris, this is dedication to Mount and Blade. I Love this game, its the best multiplayer game out since CE, and that was 11 years ago. Noone can tell me Im not in the top 1% of players, and noone can tell me how to improve my play style.

You go fucking practise, Vance.

Aggro Grey is best Grey
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 05:34:37 pm »
What do you think of people that allow their clanmates to kill people on their own side?

For example. Let's say you are fighting alongside one of those dastardly Templars, but then a Templar on the other team appears, and your honorless backup is now suddenly running away.

I doubt it's restricted to this group of religious players, I just see them do it a lot. But then it's no surprise to me they are giving special favors to same-clan-enemies considering they are religious. That is how these silly things spread afterall  :wink:

So what do you do? Do you start teamattacking when they become treacherous? Forgive them and pray to your imaginary friend that they stop, or that autobalance puts them on the same team?

What do you do?  :|

My first thought was along these lines:

[fictional TS conversation]
T1: There's Templar_Random! Get him!
T2: Nah, Vance is there, he can take him. Let's go help the guys at the bridge.
T1: Ah yeah.
[/fictional TS conversation]

Anyway, that's usually how it goes. Templars in the other team are usually priority kill targets for other templars. The traitors chose to join the enemy team and deserve to die.
The only thing we usually don't do is mob templars in the other team. If they're fighting 2v1 or more allready, let teammates finish the job. If they can't kill him even when outnumbering him, they suck.

Tommy, Casimir and Daymun are exceptions. I either turn and run (when I'm alone) or use any means to kill them. Preferably from range or from behind.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 05:38:42 pm »
A lot of people slash mindlessly into crowds. You can hardly dehorse an enemy without all your teammates ganging up on him taking at least 2 teamhits and very often a tk or two...

In other words: how many tk's does it take 10 men surrounding an enemy to kill him?
That why I often back away... former clan mates, clan mates or not...
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 06:23:10 pm »
I target my clan mates first, to  hear there screams of agony over teamspeak.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 06:30:00 pm »
Nothing makes me happier than bonking a clanmate over the head from behind and laughing at them on teamspeak.  The real trick is when you see a team mate not really fighting one of his clanmates on the opposite team:  Move in to attack the enemy but make sure you spam as wildly as possible.  You can probably take them both down and be sure to throw in a "sorry"   :twisted:

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 07:19:05 pm »
I always try to kill nK so I can laugh at them....since I usually lose.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 07:34:51 pm »
Like others here I purposefully try to kill clanmates first when they're on the other team.  Along with anyone else I know and respect as a player.  Killing some random is fine, but killing big hitters or clanmates is just that much sweeter.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 09:35:26 pm »
My friends are priority kills when on the other team :-)

This, & I hope my friends think of me the same when I'm on the opposing team.

Offline Noely

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nords
  • Game nicks: Noely,ArchNoely
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 10:11:34 pm »
My friends are priority kills when on the other team :-)

qtf sometimes if i see my friend killing someone i'll let him have him but then its time to fight.
If wishes were horses beggers would ride.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 06:46:31 pm »
I kill my teammates as soon as I can, if for nothing else then to hear them yell out in teamspeak. I think all think all this knight e-honor stuff is pathetic nerd RP bullshit, but play how you like I suppose
Why have all this mediaeval baggage at all? Simply designate armour by a colour code so it's recognisable on the battlefield and assign each weapon a number. All that stupid emo RP nonsense with banners should go, too. Once we have reduced the game to an exercise in pure mathematics, all the nerds will lose interest. Oh, wait though...
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 07:03:45 pm »
I'm inherently a coward. Why fight 3v1 when i can peg them with my xbow, or fight 1v1 against a weakened opponent? That and anytime it's more than a 2 v1(presuming i'm not the 1) I will avoid the battle. Way to much tks.(which is why i prefer 1v1 or 2v1 versus me. cause then I don't have to worry bout retard teammates running into my swings.)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 09:03:22 pm »
vance if we were fighting another fallen i'd probably tk u just so i could kill him lol (accidentally of course!)

the way i see it is the runner would probably get in the way anyway - so many times i've had to stop a swing because someone is in the way - someone incapable of damaging my opponent and then i usually get hit or die etc

like people running to a downed cav and even tho there's 3 of them they all miss or do no damage and then the de-horsed cav kills them all and all our archers and probably me somewhere in-between
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:06:30 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 09:04:49 pm »
I usually try to kill other members of my clan as priority targets. Sometimes i will back off from an opponent rather than gang up though... grey stated the reason...  i avoid ganging up on people because i dont want to get TKed. Happens all the time when you are trying to beat up a strong enemy and your teamtes wildly swing and kill you. Usually I have my trusty shield though, so ill just run around with my shield up trying to intimidate the opponent while my ally stabs him.

Oh, I will admit that I have let balbaroth slaughter my teamates so that i could duel him. But I don't see that as a big issue, if i had engaged at the same time as that teamate, Balb would probably just use his footwork to get my teamate in my way or to get him to hit me with a random swing, so its actually easier for me to fight him 1v1 unless i know my teamate is competent... in which case tactical crab clawing will ensue.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:09:15 pm by Matey »