Author Topic: Traitors who give the enemy quarter!  (Read 3967 times)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Traitors who give the enemy quarter!
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 09:07:51 pm »
I usually try to kill other members of my clan as priority targets. Sometimes i will back off from an opponent rather than gang up though... grey stated the reason... except that he said it as a joke. I am serious when i say that i avoid ganging up on people because i dont want to get TKed. Happens all the time when you are trying to beat up a strong enemy and your teamtes wildly swing and kill you. Usually I have my trusty shield though, so ill just run around with my shield up trying to intimidate the opponent while my ally stabs him.

Oh, I will admit that I have let balbaroth slaughter my teamates so that i could duel him. But I don't see that as a big issue, if i had engaged at the same time as that teamate, Balb would probably just use his footwork to get my teamate in my way or to get him to hit me with a random swing, so its actually easier for me to fight him 1v1 unless i know my teamate is competent... in which case tactical crab clawing will ensue.

yeah i totally agree with letting people die rather than be team hit/tk'd by them or tk'ing them yourself (they might also kill the enemy)

if there's 2-3 people on 1 enemy and i dont know them then i will either let it go or stay outside melee range and bide my time

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 11:08:51 pm »
Win a one on one fisticuff fight, and people are impressed.

Avoid a one of one fight by grabbing a brick and blindsiding the guy, and and you are a genius.

We need fewer warriors and more soldiers in cRPG. You don't try to fight fair in a battle. So I would hope my teammates could help me in flanking the enemy and forcing him into a dilemma sandwich. No matter where he turns, he is exposed. Really blatant cases of favouritism has my "friendly" teammate blocking my swings for his clannie.

Offline Miralay

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tsu, Miralay
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 11:38:48 pm »
Random you're the biggest traitor I've ever encountered. Even I cry at teamspeak "don't chase me, let me go, NOOO" - you swing your bloody flamberge to me at full speed while lots of unaware people are playing aimlessly near you..

You, arrogant sire, will not have any further cavalry support  :P

Offline Bull

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 12:18:24 am »
Noone can tell me Im not in the top 1% of players, and noone can tell me how to improve my play style.

You go fucking practise, Vance.

Did anyone else lol at this?

Bro, you need to relax. Plenty of people can tell you that, in fact, you're not in the top 1%. It's just clear that you won't believe them.

As to the OP, I've actually never encountered your problem. As someone said, banner balance is probably contributing to the decline of it. Most clans that I've seen - RS, ATS, Hospitaller - attack each other just as much as any non-clanned guy I've met.

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 05:39:50 pm »
Random you're the biggest traitor I've ever encountered. Even I cry at teamspeak "don't chase me, let me go, NOOO" - you swing your bloody flamberge to me at full speed while lots of unaware people are playing aimlessly near you..

You, arrogant sire, will not have any further cavalry support  :P

I get the impression you misunderstood the thread and unwittingly admitted to being the kind of traitor I despise  :lol:

(Yep, seen Fallen do it before, and seen Shogunate do it too, come to mention it.)

RandomDude, sounds like you are playing as if you are the old you. Not joking, you deserve complimenting for the improvement you have made in reducing your tendency to TK. But I think you're much better than you used to be, skillwise, and I don't think you need to avoid the melee.

I really wouldn't mind being TKed by our combined incompetence (as has happened many times) anyway near as much as I mind being abandoned to get raped alone. It makes me feel like my team wasted my death, whereas 'sry' is all it takes to fix TKing me.

It's usually partly my fault when teammates hit me, but I too have been improving. I've always been a strong team player; turning opponents, making careful supporting strikes, and even dying when it seems appropriate. If I know a friendly is coming up behind me I will try hard to get the opponent between us...

I guess I am trying to say 'give teamwork a chance, I know you can do it!' only without sounding like a total dick... lol
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:58:32 pm by Vance »

Offline Zaleck

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The Darkness is coming
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zaleck_BlackCompany, Fallen_Zaleck,Fallen_BloodSeeker_Xaleck
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 06:48:15 pm »
My friends are priority kills when on the other team :-)
I give my clan mate very speacial treatment when I on different side by killing them as soon as I see them on field, but I prefer to kill them 1 on 1 but that not always the case, than I rush in front of my group for the chance to take down a clan mate. I do this with Bloodlust induce rage (nerd rage) lol
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:44:01 pm by Zaleck »
JRLII

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 08:01:34 pm »
If i see HRE members on the other team they are first to get killed ;)
More fun in TS ;)