Author Topic: Traitors who give the enemy quarter!  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Traitors who give the enemy quarter!
« on: January 24, 2011, 01:06:47 pm »
+1
What do you think of people that allow their clanmates to kill people on their own side?

For example. Let's say you are fighting alongside one of those dastardly Templars, but then a Templar on the other team appears, and your honorless backup is now suddenly running away.

I doubt it's restricted to this group of religious players, I just see them do it a lot. But then it's no surprise to me they are giving special favors to same-clan-enemies considering they are religious. That is how these silly things spread afterall  :wink:

So what do you do? Do you start teamattacking when they become treacherous? Forgive them and pray to your imaginary friend that they stop, or that autobalance puts them on the same team?

What do you do?  :|
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:10:37 pm by Vance »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Traitors who give the enemy quarter!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 01:20:30 pm »
I will only leave a brother if his demise is certain. Or if its tommy cos he can kill me when im stood behind him.
Turtles

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:29:40 pm »
What do you think of people that allow their clanmates to kill people on their own side?

For example. Let's say you are fighting alongside one of those dastardly Templars, but then a Templar on the other team appears, and your honorless backup is now suddenly running away.

I doubt it's restricted to this group of religious players, I just see them do it a lot. But then it's no surprise to me they are giving special favors to same-clan-enemies considering they are religious. That is how these silly things spread afterall  :wink:

So what do you do? Do you start teamattacking when they become treacherous? Forgive them and pray to your imaginary friend that they stop, or that autobalance puts them on the same team?

Which Templar did it to you poor citizen, tell me no need to be rude and accuse all the knights of treachery.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 01:37:33 pm »
On the NA servers intentionally ignoring a clan mate gets you removed usually

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:46:41 pm »

First i kill my teammate and then my clanmate or vice versa
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 01:49:46 pm »
You have this wrong: This happens cause you swing your weapon like a madman and they dont wanna get TK'ed. No im kidding:

When you recognise a "friend" on enemy team, you dont engage them if they are a valued oponent: Thomek, most Templars (Specially horse-face Tommy), many of the DRZ, many lesser Ninjas (sry you are all lesser in my eyes next to Thomek), most Mercs, I recognise instantly by sight: I will not gangbang these players, I will allow them to kill my lesser teammates, and wait, when they stand alone against me, ONLY then can I truly enjoy fighting them: This is an honour many reserve for great warriors, and although many of them do not extend me the same courtesy, I will continue to do it.

There is no honour in backstabbing Achilles, and though I may not be an equal in combat to many of the behemoths who stand astride crpg, I will not debase myself by ganging up on them, Im not a feudal japanese peasant, I like my enemies to see my face and know that it is my hand that strikes them down.

If you see a teammate back off, back off too, 9 times out of 10 the teammate will then engage the guy you backed of from, they simply wanted to fight them without some pubnub in the way. Although when I have had this happen and my teammate has then tried to reengage, I have to admit a few times Ive finished the imputent dastard myself.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 01:50:25 pm »
there i a tin line between run away and tactical retreat on low populated servers.

Offline Sir_Ironlake

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 02:14:20 pm »
I think they are idiots. (the people who give "duels" to "honor" the opponent and similar stuff)

To elaborate, imho they prefer or favor ones skill (a product of reflexes) over ones tactic (a product of intelligence). Skillfull play is blocking well and striking fast. Tactical play is attacking with advantage and retreating without.

So they are the internet games equivalent of a "brawn over brain" aproach. Just like a big guy who likes to use his fists in a bar sterotype. Somewhat troublesome if you decide to fight him hand to hand, but not too much of an obstacle for a thinking man.

In short - idiots.

(no disrespect intended: I play the game my way, and prefer it, but I allow others to play their way. Reserving the right to consider them idiots, and ofcourse granting the right to be considered one in return)

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 02:23:02 pm »
You have this wrong: This happens cause you swing your weapon like a madman and they dont wanna get TK'ed. No im kidding:

That made me laugh out loud. I was thinking 'damn this guy knows me'....  :lol:

When you recognise a "friend" on enemy team, you dont engage them if they are a valued oponent: Thomek, most Templars (Specially horse-face Tommy), many of the DRZ, many lesser Ninjas (sry you are all lesser in my eyes next to Thomek), most Mercs, I recognise instantly by sight: I will not gangbang these players, I will allow them to kill my lesser teammates, and wait, when they stand alone against me, ONLY then can I truly enjoy fighting them: This is an honour many reserve for great warriors, and although many of them do not extend me the same courtesy, I will continue to do it.

... That is just crazy-talk to me. I honor my teammates and myself above the enemy team, I do not compromise my team for theirs on the basis of personality or skill.

You might well be a good player, if I know that and I see you on the enemy team then you get special attention - Not a special lack of attention.

There is no honour in backstabbing Achilles, and though I may not be an equal in combat to many of the behemoths who stand astride crpg, I will not debase myself by ganging up on them, Im not a feudal japanese peasant, I like my enemies to see my face and know that it is my hand that strikes them down.

Me on the other hand is buggering Achilles hard at the first opportunity. I want more of me on my team and less of you, can you see why?

If you see a teammate back off, back off too, 9 times out of 10 the teammate will then engage the guy you backed of from, they simply wanted to fight them without some pubnub in the way. Although when I have had this happen and my teammate has then tried to reengage, I have to admit a few times Ive finished the imputent dastard myself.

Sounds like some dueler craziness - How can it not be easier to fight 2 on one? How can you not want to practise that if you genuinely find it harder?... Baffled  :?

@Templars, sorry, it perhaps was unfair to use you guys as examples. It's just you guys have done it to me plenty of times, getting me killed as a result of my apparently foolish trust. If it's not your standard practise, and in fact you frown upon it, then I am surprised and very pleased to hear that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:05:33 pm by Vance »

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 02:42:54 pm »
all because autoblance atm doesnt work as it should

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 02:45:05 pm »
Like Cas, I leave my clanmates if they're certain to die (I have no problem sealing their fate if they ride that horse too close to me). If there are perfectly legitimate fights close-by, I'd pick those over fighting my clanmates (have you seen them fight? They're scary, mate) for the sheer fact that I'd rather stay alive that much longer to cripple the enemy team.

Yes, there is hesitation in killing my own clansman, I won't lie, but if we're the last few people on the map, I'm not going charge into a 5v1 just to kill my clanmate, because if you've noticed, people are crazy kill hungry crazy people. Chances are that my peasant butt would get kicked by my own teammates before we even reach the opponent.

Also, since banner balance, I haven't had that problem too often :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 02:47:40 pm »
Sometimes I grant the opposing fighter a 1on1 combat, i.e. I wait 'til my friends have killed him or until he's killed my friends. Then I fight.
Sometimes I backstab the ninja squad. If they fail to see me it's their own failure as ninjas! A ninja should always look behind.
Sometimes I let the ninja squad walk past me if I have something else in mind.
Sometimes I grant my clanmember honourable death from the blade of a friend, instead of an enemy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:49:21 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 02:49:51 pm »
My friends are priority kills when on the other team :-)
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 02:50:06 pm »
I do the opposite:
When i see another Merc on the opposing team, usually i try to assasinate him before he slaughters my team... and if that fails and he spots me, i go straight for him and either go down in a blaze of glory or take him down and dramaticly improve the chances my team wins.

The way to show respect in cRPG to your mates is to try and kill them without delay. Ignoring an opponent is an insult.   :)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 03:04:44 pm »
Sounds like some dueler craziness - How can it not be easier to fight 2 on one? How can you not want to practise that if you genuinely find it harder?... Baffled  :?

No, you misunderstand, its not harder, its a joke. 2 players who understand "combat dance" and their weapon ranges, there noone in the world who can beat that v 2. But since the majority of people playing crpg have NO respect, I wont help in teamfights. Ill backstab the last guys defending the flag on siege, but I wont run to help teammates in the vast majority of fights: Why? Because being killed by enemy, yeah thats fine, being killed by my own team makes rage. I dont wanna rage.

Enforce Reflect team damage 100%, and I will be in every fight. I dont fear the enemy, I fear the fucking nabs on my team.

As far as killing my "friends" on enemy team, I leave them usually because I know them as good players, and in most fights, having 3 guys after you is a ADVANTAGE: They kill themselves. I use this to my advantage and so to many others, if all nabs back off my "friend" on enemy team, I LOVE to kill them first.

But I wont fight next to some twat who has never played mount and blade, bought Warband, got FUCKING DESTROYED in Native Multi, so downloaded cRPG cause they think grinding will replace skill: Guess what, you still suck, I wont fight next to you because I dont wanna die from your shitty mistakes, Get the fuck out of my way and I will do my damndest to kill every single enemy by myself if I have to, as long as no teammate fucks me over, I can best almost anyone.

This isnt Hubris, this is dedication to Mount and Blade. I Love this game, its the best multiplayer game out since CE, and that was 11 years ago. Noone can tell me Im not in the top 1% of players, and noone can tell me how to improve my play style.

You go fucking practise, Vance.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.