Author Topic: CHAOS Supports Allies in War Effort  (Read 31393 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: CHAOS Supports Allies in War Effort
« Reply #195 on: September 02, 2011, 10:45:27 pm »
Sauce is actually a council member, so no, that's not true assuming Linden is actually a "grunt".
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2011, 10:48:14 pm »
we are pretty open with our guys, and i dont recall us ever talking to sauce, so he just has 2nd hand info to go by... and we have all played the game 'telephone' at some point havent we?

Offline Horse_And_Sword

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • You like this ^? Yes? Good, good for you sir
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Cavalieres)
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres MIke_N_Ike, Sword and Horse, Derp?
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2011, 10:48:33 pm »
Lets all get a long and make grunting noises. Screw war when we can all grunt together.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2011, 10:50:49 pm »
Lets all get a long and make grunting noises. Screw war when we can all grunt together.

those are the old days horse n sword... the good ol days.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2011, 10:58:30 pm »
Kalam put it the best, earlier.

Its one thing to get in disputes with an individual, but to make overly biased generalizations about entire clans and blanketing all of their members with spite is something entirely different.  Some of us talk all day, check up all day on these events, and make plans and strategies, friendly and cutthroat decisions all the like, and continue to plot.  Some people think their clan is the best, some people think their clan is the worst, some people just hate 1 or 2 people in another person's clan and want to go to war with them over it.

Some of us make a few friends on the internet who appreciate each others' styles and decide to join their clan.  Some people come home from a long hard day to a diplomatic trainwreck, and are summoned to stick by their friends regardless if they're right or wrong.

I've gone 20:34 and 3:17 in the last two battles I participated.  I've crashed out of 3 strat battles because the pentium D can't handle the troop count.  I've been headshot probably 10 times, and had some poor sport say "owned" after a failed duel with 10 fps and a 2 second screen freeze.  I've got no epeen left to stroke, but will gladly stick by the friends I've chosen, even though its fighting against even more friends whether it winds up glorious or humiliating.

Its a buggy, laggy, frustrating beta mod, so there should probably be a lot less elitist attitude on everyones' part.  This is the perfect war for us to remember whats important and what we really want out of strategus, and out of the game that we're pumping our time into.  Personally, I could die happy whether my internet clan owns 3 imaginary villages or 10 imaginary castles.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #200 on: September 02, 2011, 11:02:03 pm »
we are pretty open with our guys, and i dont recall us ever talking to sauce, so he just has 2nd hand info to go by... and we have all played the game 'telephone' at some point havent we?

Heh, That's where I figured you were going with that initial post. Nevermind  :)
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #201 on: September 02, 2011, 11:13:58 pm »
to be fair, sauce would know as much or less than linden about it all.

Telephone is a game where I'm hearing the dialogue from one person who heard it from a others in succession, not a game where I'm hearing the same story at the same time from everybody.

How could you fuck up diplomacy so bad to put some of the nicest and grounded people I know (ex. Canary) in a position to declare war on the same clan that Chaos on multiple occasions stuck their necks out for? Then spit in their faces proclaiming "land is earned" and "you have to obtain our word!". I stick by the council members and their decisions and I agree that the only thing you "earned" here is a war.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2011, 11:26:13 pm »
I believe it is apparent sauce that you weren't at the diplomacy council for some of those events according to the way karma and matey have specifically singled you out as such so save it your in the same position as I am being told by some one else and trusting their word. I trust matey as much as I am sure you trust canary but shit gets lost in translation is all I was saying from my point of view how I see this shit.

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2011, 11:36:38 pm »
I believe I still don't get the point.

Enjoy the war.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2011, 11:37:21 pm »
I personally will not comment on the actions taken in Strategus, as tbh I have no vested interest in Strategus other than killing Chaos. However, I am rather disgusted with certain actions taken by Chaos leaders towards Chaos members(or ex-members) and as such will be devoted to assisting the enemies of Chaos as best I can until the ends of time, or until the leadership takes more reasonable actions that don't resemble punching a child because a second child told you that he deserved it.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #205 on: September 02, 2011, 11:39:57 pm »
I agree with most of what Linden said, and based on what I know of the situation and what's been said on the forums since this war started, I still don't understand why this war started. It just doesn't make sense. If there was a problem before, it obviously was not stated clearly enough to us. We're just as insulted now as you apparently have been for the last month.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 03, 2011, 12:45:36 am »
Yeah funny how things go. One of my main goals since before strat even came back out, was alliance with our friends Chaos... and I counted Canary and Karma as some of the most trustworthy friends I had, and yet now I wonder how long this has all been in the works, sounds like its been planned longer than I thought, and sounds like they are blaming everything on me and rallying Chaos against me or something? I dunno. Whatever.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #207 on: September 03, 2011, 01:03:59 am »
I personally still hope we can be allied at some point, in another Strategus I guess. Unless you guys are really dead set on having us as enemies.

Offline JihadistMexican

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
  • God Bless
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Gay One
« Reply #208 on: September 03, 2011, 01:07:56 am »
LOOK AT MY KDR...... nearly 11:1 KDR YEA BEST KDR EVER.

I had a 16:1 KD Ratio.
"I know were gona lose strat, but lets leech all the xp we can."

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #209 on: September 03, 2011, 01:14:33 am »
I agree gristle I still like the chaos guys. They just need to come to the Darkside and join us "Warmongers". Although From over here I guess I see Drz as the "Dark side" you know with their endless vassals to do all their warfare for them so that near the end they can just scoop up all the land and win again.