Author Topic: Make ladders undestroyable by owner's team  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Make ladders undestroyable by owner's team
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 01:41:54 am »
How about making ladders break if they stop moving before the 90 degree mark? Any legit ladder will have it traveling further then 90 degrees to form a path to walk up. Using ladders to block doors usually makes them stop before going further then 90 degrees. If they fell back down and broke in that case I think it might make sense and solve the door blocking issue. I'd have to test it to know though.

Then you could have it so you cant break your own ladders as well as teammates, and anyone using them in tight spaces to grief their team would have their ladders break.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 06:42:18 am »
If all the above possibilities are stricly impossible, then i wouldn't mind taking personnaly a look to ALL the maps in the battle server current rotation, and add an invisible wall preventing access to ALL roofs and other places unreachable by foot.
I highly doubt they're going to let you remove access to roofs. However, if you're really willing to personally look at all the maps in rotation, you could probly convince them to let you add drop ladders for every campable area. Since drop ladders can't be destroyed, anywhere they're set up will become reachable. However, this would also mean nobody has to bring ladders to battle and has more free slots.

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 09:50:33 am »
i support the major idea that players cant demage team ladders. 1+ on that
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 05:01:14 pm »
Oh nice, the really old suggestion came up again.

Still support it!

If you change this I would have another reason to start cRPG again. And please, PLEASE, change ladders back to work like before the upkeep patch! I don't know if you fixed it in the last few months, but when I stopped playing ladders tended to either stop before they even crossed the 90°-barrier, and if you really managed to place them on a roof they went trhough it and stopped 2m under it, rendering them useless.

The old ladder system where a ladder had "noclip" on until it crossed 90° was much better. Together with the inability to destroy your teams ladders it could make the game enjoyable again.

(I already mentioned that in my opinion everyone should ALWAYS be accessable, not only at the end of a round. I don't see any reson allowing some people (ranged fighters) to be "immune" against other people (melee fighters) for 90% of the time, only because of their choice of classes. That's retarded. If I had a server I would kick everyone who is shooting from a roof without ladder. Yes, this would require you to check regularly if your ladder still exists. Fair play, you know...)
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 08:38:57 pm »
On the 90 degree idea:  What if someone on the attacking team (accidentally or otherwise) places a ladder parallel to the front of a door so the ladder passes 90 degrees and settles in a way that blocks off the middle of the doorway making it impassible for the attackers?  It would really suck for the attackers and require an admin to change the map if they wanted to keep their multiplier.  I just see it becoming like the indestructible c-site problem all over again, creating the need for more hands on refereeing at all hours of the day.

This is a battle map issue so how about keeping it contained there.  Why not modify the maps that are in rotation?  Add stairs, stacks of crates and perm ladders to commonly used unreachable camp spots.  Out of the 60 or so battle maps in rotation, which ones have this problem?  Make a list and maybe someone could attempt to fix them.   Plus, isn't this why the flag system is in place?  Why not just move out of a roof campers range and wait for the flag?

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 11:53:10 pm »
On the 90 degree idea:  What if someone on the attacking team (accidentally or otherwise) places a ladder parallel to the front of a door so the ladder passes 90 degrees and settles in a way that blocks off the middle of the doorway making it impassible for the attackers?

How likely is that? First off, the person who did it would probably be banned. Second of all, how many maps have a single choke point that could be blocked with a ladder that passes 90 degrees? There is almost always a way around, especially on battle maps. Usually several. I don't see how it would become a problem. Most attempts to grief team mates would end in the ladder just breaking, and anyone getting the ladder to go past 90 degrees, people could just climb up it, or go another route while the offender is being banned.

I'm not sure what the minimum angle the ladder needs to be at for people to walk up it, but maybe make that angle the no break point instead of 90 degrees.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:56:05 pm by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 12:21:00 am »
+1
indestructable ladders = ultimate troll item

RIP torch