Author Topic: Tips for meleeing?  (Read 5974 times)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for meleeing?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 02:17:46 pm »
even a below average player can be more use to the team if he does this.

Hey! That's me!!!  :D

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 03:09:38 pm »
+1
hmm ur an poleaxe user.
so id say backpeddle and spam that fuckin thing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 03:51:00 pm »
hmm ur an poleaxe user.
so id say backpeddle and spam that fuckin thing.

YEAH

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 04:58:41 pm »
and if you think you cant win in a certain situation,walk away and fight somebody else.
Pff boring!

Offline Razzen

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Razzen
  • IRC nick: Razzen
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 06:23:37 pm »
Glaive, 27 agi, light armor, backpeddle and spam. Problem fixed!

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 06:34:44 pm »
+3
Just copy and improve. If it works for your playstyle, use it.

I don't think I've developed any sort of "tricks" or attack-patterns by myself. I've learnt by watching the masters and legends of the past and improved upon their legacy.

TheNarrator - The creator of the spinthrust. I tried to copy his style, took me 2 weeks before I started to get the hang of it. His spinthrust was kind of basic, vertical downwards. I spent a month of just perfecting it and taking it to the extreme, side spinthrust, ground and upwards spinthrust, all the variants. Took a good 2-4 weeks before Kekn, Hubbel, Weirdo and the old school Ndition duellers figured it down and started doing it themselves. Kekn took it even further then me, his spinthrusts were the most retarded I've ever seen.

Ereev - Chambering. Nothing special, took me half a year to master it, but if you add feints and/or holded attacks after your chamber it can be used to even more deadly effect. Most of the "pros" around here still fall for a holded chamber attack(Including me, most of the time). Ereev was special, he could chamber holded attacks, somehow... still trying to figure out how he did it... :P

duckduckMOO - Feinting rotations - duckduckMOO, this guy was insane and it took me months and months before I reached his level of skill. He had it all, perfect blocking, footwork, chambering, but above all else, he had his feint rotations. By mixing left-slash feints with thrust feints, utilising the natural right-hand mouse movements, he did some really fast feints. I copied it all and I'm still using it.

Flash - Distance control - You know the drill. Side slash -> backpeddle -> do a thrust and fall back in on your opponent and hit him just after he missed you. Flash was the grandmaster of this. Copied it and with the current 2h thrust nerf, this type of attack works best of all.

Szymczak - Hiltslashing - Man, I was furious when Szymczak started utilising this a long time ago. He broke the sacred duelling rythm, attack block attack block. He managed to do an attack attack. I refused to use the same technique he did, I thought at the time that the duels turned into a strafe and spam contest, and it did at one time. However, after many duels I found the weakness and exploited it. After that my thought on the subject softened enough for me to copy it aswell, it's after all a very quick way to dispatch new players. :P

Morii - Feints with Hold attacks - Very basic but extremly deadly. Do fast feints and suddenly do a holded attack, time it perfectly and it'll hit your opponent since most people click-block. Copied.

I'm 99% certain that everything that can be done has been done. Engine and animation limitations has reached its peak of what is doable. All you can do is copy others and adjust it to your playstyle.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Razzen

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Razzen
  • IRC nick: Razzen
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 06:41:36 pm »

I'm 99% certain that everything that can be done has been done. Engine and animation limitations has reached its peak of what is doable. All you can do is copy others and adjust it to your playstyle.

Yeah all the good tricks have pretty much been made, its gonna be harder to create a whole new trick, I defitenely cant think of one right now.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 03:01:13 am »
Szymczak - Hiltslashing - Man, I was furious when Szymczak started utilising this a long time ago. He broke the sacred duelling rythm, attack block attack block. He managed to do an attack attack. I refused to use the same technique he did, I thought at the time that the duels turned into a strafe and spam contest, and it did at one time. However, after many duels I found the weakness and exploited it. After that my thought on the subject softened enough for me to copy it aswell, it's after all a very quick way to dispatch new players. :P

Tell me about it... Hats off to Szym though, he developed a fighting style completely different from anyone else, and at the same time forced you to completely change your game. I still haven't seen anyone who does it as well as him.

Phyrex you're such a sell out, all the hate speeches and then you copy it  :D

Also, Lilac - maybe someone's alt, but I haven't seen anyone feint as fast without actually releasing the attacks. In fact, this is the person whose attacks I had the hardest time reading.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:03:34 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 05:37:03 am »
Just copy and improve. If it works for your playstyle, use it.

I don't think I've developed any sort of "tricks" or attack-patterns by myself. I've learnt by watching the masters and legends of the past and improved upon their legacy.

I am actually really impressed by the dedication you put into this hobby.  If you used that in your professional life, no matter what you do you would be a star in your occupation. 
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 12:04:22 pm »
There isnt many ppl I can rarely or never defeat.
phyrex, xant, bjwhored, chase, atze (most retarded fightstyle ever)

Remember i refused duelling phyrex for months, had one duel and it was awesome.
Packed in all I had, was an awesome exchange of blows.

First: They got awesome blocking
2nd: Perfect range awareness
3rd: They are combining diff. attacks
4th: They are really keen :-)

Openly admit, I copied everything I saw 12 months ago.
Think my 2h play always was rather clean, a clean playstyle isnt a bad thing per se.

People allrdy stated the most important things.

I throw in:
Sneaky playstyle (hide somewhere, flank, read the opponent)

Retreat (is an option)

You can always create a comfortable fighting situation by enough awareness.

Though, I always was a rather average player, so better dont pay attention to what I say .

And yes, the engine reached its limits some while ago.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:06:20 pm by v/onMega »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 12:16:57 pm »
Funny seeing how bad people were back in the ole days. That 2nd video in Formless' post, hahah... not a single person could do anything but spam like a nub. c-RPG's come a long way compared to that.
exactly my thought. watching the old reapy videos again is great, though.

think i will play some native TDM rigth now. hope they will make a TDM for crpg one day, just for the luls.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2011, 10:57:29 pm »
also try to figure out wether ur best at fighting defensively or agresive.
or a combo of both.
just switch style each round , first round il attack very agresive and no caring( wear te same armor next round btw)
then  the second round thel see my armor and expact me to be agresive but then i throw them off by acting agresive and then play very devensive etc etc.
u get the logic hopefully

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 11:00:32 pm »
by the way also use this against ur enemy.
if you see ur enemy kills you by feint spamming alot.
then just think there probly gonna do it again the next round so just fight him in a way thatsgonna counter his attacks.
this way i almost never lose 2 times against one enemy:)

Offline Filthy

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2011, 12:46:54 pm »
by the way also use this against ur enemy.
if you see ur enemy kills you by feint spamming alot.
then just think there probly gonna do it again the next round so just fight him in a way thatsgonna counter his attacks.
this way i almost never lose 2 times against one enemy:)

thought when you meet a good player, he will know that you are gonna spam if he feintspams, so he just wont feintspam and if you spam there, your gone buddy.

Forexample: I feintspam you insanely, like 10 feints or so, and you get killed. You meet me again, you think im gonna do it again. I feint ONCE, and then your gone.

Offline Mephisto

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • This is where personal text should be.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Misiek_the_Grey
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2011, 09:41:35 pm »
Know your manual. That's all. Period. This tactic chavent failed me for over 2 years.