Author Topic: LLJK and ATS cold war?  (Read 17242 times)

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
Re: LLJK and ATS cold war?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 11:03:59 pm »
Suggesting that people with power won't abuse it because it could be taken away doesn't really prove anything.  Thousands of years of human history provides examples that are the exact opposite.

You really do not need to look that far.  Just look at the admins on the current NA servers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 11:44:59 pm »
ITT:
Goons invade cRPG
Goons come to non-goon server
Goons act like goons
Goons get banned
Goons cry on forums
Admins giggle.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 12:40:32 am »
It is a legitimate reason and hopefully the Strategus battles would get moderated differently than how the ATS servers are now moderated.  Especially Strategus siege battles.

One can only hope.
You do realize that there has NEVER been a legitimate instance of this happening, right?  NA cRPG has gone smoothly in this respect since the beginning.  The only people who will take you seriously are people who already think like you do.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 02:16:11 am »
You do realize that there has NEVER been a legitimate instance of this happening, right?  NA cRPG has gone smoothly in this respect since the beginning.  The only people who will take you seriously are people who already think like you do.

There was that LLJK guy who got banned by an ATS admin without warning from our last castle siege after he placed a ladder wrong and it threw someone off the wall. Even the defenders were baffled by that call, especially considering:
1) It was his first time placing a ladder
2) He apologized
3) Dozens of other people were ladderpulted by the defenders and weren't reprimanded
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:17:38 am by SPQR »
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 02:39:43 am »
There was that LLJK guy who got banned by an ATS admin without warning from our last castle siege after he placed a ladder wrong and it threw someone off the wall. Even the defenders were baffled by that call, especially considering:
2) He apologized
3) Dozens of other people were ladderpulted by the defenders and weren't reprimanded

Was this documented?  Granted I haven't participated in strat since my puter took a shit, but I really don't recall ever seeing anything about this which is odd, especially since it seems like something that would have caused a HUUUUUUUUUUGE stink all over the forums.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 05:52:58 am »
Was this documented?  Granted I haven't participated in strat since my puter took a shit, but I really don't recall ever seeing anything about this which is odd, especially since it seems like something that would have caused a HUUUUUUUUUUGE stink all over the forums.

This was taken care of outside of the forums.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 07:08:20 am »
I believe we "stomped the yard" against ATS and won, and thus got the ban reversed, if my memory serves correctly.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 08:38:24 am »
I believe we "stomped the yard" against ATS and won, and thus got the ban reversed, if my memory serves correctly.

lol, if by stomped the yard you mean gaga coming into vent and throwing a fit then yes

Posslington was very upset about being ladderpaulted repeatedly and banned the next guy he saw do it

LLJK explained he was new and was not doing it intentionally, and the ban was lifted

Posslington no longer has admin rights afaik

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 09:03:49 am »
gaga that battle song made me lol
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 12:50:49 pm »
Oh really?
2) He apologized

Then what is this?  I totally understand if you will not reply again in the thread.  You kind of look like a horses ass right now.

lol, if by stomped the yard you mean gaga coming into vent and throwing a fit then yes

Yeah I am pretty sure that anyone that had clan members banned by corrupt admins during a Strategus battle would throw a fit.  I mean we play the game to compete not to have some corrupt admins waste someones time actually trying to play the game.

I know you think you are an expert troll and all but this statement here just makes you look like a total dick.

Hopefully chadz looks at these situations very carefully because this is something he will have to deal with very soon after Strategus gets going again.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:53:17 pm by EyeBeatWomen »

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 02:07:15 pm »
Finally the "frozen" war gets warm again! Go on! Entertain me :D
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 06:35:24 pm »
So i'm confused. I'm not really interested in fighting LLJK...but it sounds like some LLJK members don't have the mutual feeling towards ATS...

Now its understandable that pretty much any knuckle head with 10 dollars can be in LLJK...but who am i supposed to ignore and who am I supposed to acknowledge on the forums?

Gaga you've told me this in the past, please refresh my memory.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 07:05:40 pm »
So i'm confused. I'm not really interested in fighting LLJK...but it sounds like some LLJK members don't have the mutual feeling towards ATS...

Now its understandable that pretty much any knuckle head with 10 dollars can be in LLJK...but who am i supposed to ignore and who am I supposed to acknowledge on the forums?

Gaga you've told me this in the past, please refresh my memory.

Me, Snatch, and Smoothrich tend to be the ones presenting official LLJK positions, everyone else is expressing their personal opinions. That being said, you have to understand many LLJK members have had a rough experience on the Garg owned servers. Eyebeatwomen, for example, was banned because of his name, while other players with names like RodneyRapist are allowed to continue playing. This problem was partially solved by opening up additional NA servers, but there is still a monopoly on NA strategus servers which makes a lot of LLJK uncertain if they'd get fair treatment by admins during a strategus battle.

I understand that many people, including admins, do not like LLJK. Thats fine, no one says you have to. But if you are operating as an admin at the moment your personal feelings should not influence your judgment when you have to make a call on a situation. Just like an NFL referee may despise Michael Vick for what he's done, that doesn't mean he should call fouls against him just because he doesn't like him.

Anyway, I think the larger issue is: Can admins be neutral when their clan has a stake in how a strategus fight goes? I've seen many admins make good, fair calls even if it hurts their own team in strategus battles. But I've also seen times where strategus admins make calls that seem very one-sided, and the other team understandably feels cheated. It's hard to win, after all, if the ref is openly on the other side.

To go back to the Bardaq Castle siege, Epoch (I believe) was banned after placing a ladder badly and throwing a defender off the wall. We had a lot of new players with us during that siege and for many it was their first strategus battle. Anyway, Epoch was banned within the first 15 minutes of the battle for that accidental ladderpult. Afterwards there was at least a half dozen ladderpults that happened on the walls of the castle from defenders trying to place ladders on the crowded walkways. No one was banned or even warned from those incidents. So you can see how unfair this seemed to us on the ground.

Part of the problem may have been an anti-LLJK bias, but part of problem could have been that without an admin on both teams, you essentially get only one viewpoint. Possington, being on the defenders team, could see that his team-mate was just trying to put a ladder up to a tower to help his team out, and thus didn't need to be banned. When we did it however, he couldn't see it from our viewpoint, all he sees is his team-mate getting flung from the wall.

What I'm getting at is when one team has all the admins, and the other has none, even if the admins do not have any bias against the opposing team, by definition they will be getting a one-sided look at the situation because of their viewpoint. This is why it would suck for LLJK to fight ATS. Your team would have all the admins, and even if they tried to be fair they still would be getting a biased perspective.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:06:55 pm by SPQR »

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 07:10:29 pm »
I believe Gaga has admin...and he's discussed with me many of the times the decisions we've made directed at LLJK. Each time i've expressed to him that its not the tag its the individual. If we wanted to remove lljk, we'd remove all of them.

Majority are quiet individuals who play, but a few go over the line either with game mechanics or trolling and it wont be accepted. But those are also the same people who voice their problems on the forums.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2011, 07:36:33 pm »
an anti-LLJK bias

You're goons.  It's simply acknowledging that fact and treating goons as they should be treated:  as the internets biggest group of collective trolls, asshats, morons, shit-stirring griefers and community polluters that they not only are, but revel in being.  Taking pity on goons is as completely moronic as taking pity on any group of individuals who make it a point to act like the biggest douchebags possible fapping to their self-absorbed ability to take a shit on any establishment they decide to enter.

You guys get off on it, and the more disruption you can cause to any community the more you guys fap to it.  You can't make it a point to be a group of fucktards and then proclaim unfair bias or abuse when members of communities ostracize you for it.

That being said:  The whole "strategus is unfair to goons because admins are in clans other than the goons" is just stupid.  Strat has been run fairly and will continue to be run fairly because if it wasn't chadz would shut down our access to it.  Period.

You made your bed (the collective you being goons in general) now fucking lie in it.  But hey, that's just my opinion and as such is worthless in the overall scheme of things.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:38:30 pm by Gorath »