Author Topic: The List.  (Read 7017 times)

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
Re: The List.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 09:19:13 am »
i agree on the points most others do, the ones that make sence and that should already be in the mod. but the horse getting killed because of a bump is retarded, it's not realistic and will totally kill 1handed cav, so stay off my class! :evil:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 11:21:48 am »
Cav changes are dumb.

As are most of these in general. And no, I'm not writing a long arse post to explain why. Plenty of people can see from first glance why.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 11:37:56 am »
it is very clear that you're a my old friendcher, a lot of the changes would really help my old friendchers, especially the cav changes

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 11:54:19 am »
TLDR - rubbish suggestions from another whiner, move along nothing to see here
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 12:27:43 pm »
Since there's no more bamboo spear, long spear, and pike, how do you expect infantry to survive when facing a lancer with his couched lance ?
Overall, some good ideas already suggested but not accepted/done because of the warband engine :
-horsemen receiving damage based on horse speed, when the horse dies
-xbow on the back needs to be reloaded before being used
-more time needed to sheath a weapon (unsheating seems okay)
-no ladders for battles (or at least, i would have made it as : your own team can't destroy it's own ladders. Only the opposing team can. So if you put a ladder, it will stay till being destroyed by ennemies or till next round. Frustrating to come to the ladder and see the xbowuser on top of it destroying it, before calmly reloading/shooting again... )
-More interesting WM.

Some ideas a bit retarded though.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 12:54:03 pm »
horses die if they horsebump too hard? More like slightly injured while trampling retards

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 12:54:23 pm »
+1
gayest requests ever. patricia, die plox

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 02:38:25 pm »
Same, but 2 things stand out just by skimming it...

"Horses die if they knock someone over.
Infantry die if they get knocked over by a horse."

lol
Change your avatar, that pokemon is already owned by another player!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 02:42:36 pm »
+1
Yes, as I've said, this list will probably alienate most of the community because people are against change, specially in video games, you are just another one in the massive flock of alienated sheeps.

The fact that you provide absolutely no argument or don't elaborate on anything makes not even take you seriously, a quick oneliner for a post with 1000+ characters, fucking brilliant.
You don't provide any argument for your "suggestions", so why should he?

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 03:12:39 pm »
i agree on the points most others do, the ones that make sence and that should already be in the mod. but the horse getting killed because of a bump is retarded, it's not realistic and will totally kill 1handed cav, so stay off my class! :evil:

I'm with Berethorn on this one. I've finally read the whole post, and the cav changes are the biggest and, to me, the most ridiculous.
These changes would be a severe blow to (and might even, as Berethorn put it, "kill") 1 handed cavalry.

Change your avatar, that pokemon is already owned by another player!

Sorry, Zapper. I'll do that right now.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 04:33:49 pm »
Long post by a new player it seems. New as in, doesn't have over 2000 hrs of Warband, 10 years of Mount and Blade, 2 years of crpg.

All these ideas seem fine, but most are not a possibility due to engine limitations, balance issues, and TBH, fun.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 05:11:58 pm »
I'm with Berethorn on this one. I've finally read the whole post, and the cav changes are the biggest and, to me, the most ridiculous.
These changes would be a severe blow to (and might even, as Berethorn put it, "kill") 1 handed cavalry.

Sorry, Zapper. I'll do that right now.
gayest requests ever. patricia, die plox
horses die if they horsebump too hard? More like slightly injured while trampling retards
TLDR - rubbish suggestions from another whiner, move along nothing to see here
it is very clear that you're a friendly archer, a lot of the changes would really help friendly archers, especially the cav changes
Cav changes are dumb.

As are most of these in general. And no, I'm not writing a long arse post to explain why. Plenty of people can see from first glance why.

I see that none of you guys actually read the entire god damned post, as I've said before, I already developped on the subject of horses and the bumping.

Just because I'm THAT nice, I'll copy paste it just for all of you wonderful guys!

Horses take damage if they occupy the space of infantry (i.e bumping).
Horses die if they knock someone over.
Infantry die if they get knocked over by a horse.

Replace with:
Horses are reduced to a light gallop, trot, walk, or are completely stopped when bumping/knocking over infantry depending on the horse.
Fix horse charge hitbox.

With maybe a certain amount of damage to the horse depending on the speed it goes.

Long post by a new player it seems. New as in, doesn't have over 2000 hrs of Warband, 10 years of Mount and Blade, 2 years of crpg.

All these ideas seem fine, but most are not a possibility due to engine limitations, balance issues, and TBH, fun.

If you consider a new player anyone who didn't play Warband for over 2000 hours, Mount and Blade for 10 years and cRPG for 2 years then sure, I do have close to 2000 hours, I do have 1 year of cRPG accumulated and I did play mount and blade for several years.

Since there's no more bamboo spear, long spear, and pike, how do you expect infantry to survive when facing a lancer with his couched lance ?
Overall, some good ideas already suggested but not accepted/done because of the warband engine :
-horsemen receiving damage based on horse speed, when the horse dies
-xbow on the back needs to be reloaded before being used
-more time needed to sheath a weapon (unsheating seems okay)
-no ladders for battles (or at least, i would have made it as : your own team can't destroy it's own ladders. Only the opposing team can. So if you put a ladder, it will stay till being destroyed by ennemies or till next round. Frustrating to come to the ladder and see the xbowuser on top of it destroying it, before calmly reloading/shooting again... )
-More interesting WM.

Some ideas a bit retarded though.

Couched lances are much much easier to deal with than actual thrusts from a long ass lance, also, awlpikes, bills, long voulges, etc will all still be available to kill horses.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:18:39 pm by Patricia »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 05:33:55 pm »
I support this!

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 05:58:48 pm »
You can still play a decent lancer cav with the thrust of a War Spear, and the removal of Long Spear/Pike/Lance length poking weapons would leave awlpikes as the natural counter to that, only a bit longer than the War Spear, and nowhere near as long as a a pike.

I have not read Patricia's post completely through, or I haven't retained a lot of it, but I definitely agree with a lot of these proposed changes. Crossbows losing their readied bolt is a great idea, in particular, saying that as a crossbowman. The slot system you proposed, also, seems like a great idea, and is something like what I was hoping for when the slot system was implemented in the first place. The only thing I can say I would not like to see is the removal of jumping, due to the chaos/fun factor provided by it, plus the great platforming opportunities.. I would miss it a lot. I feel like M&B without jumping would lose some of it's oom-pa-pa.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2011, 06:07:12 pm »

Couched lances are much much easier to deal with than actual thrusts from a long ass lance...

ROFL, that sentence renders your entire thread invalid, lance thrust is the single easiest thing to avoid, lance only cav who are not couching can ONLY backstab, since even those of us who daggers and other "noblock" items scoff at lancers when they try to stab, cavalry is ALREADY an ambush only class unless you have a plated charger and NOONE around has ANY polearm.

As to the removal of the long polearms, cause the shaft is also a hitbox: that applies to ALL weapons with a stab, and 2h abuse this broken mechanic much more than pike and spears do. Stop complaining that noone has read your entire post before replying: Most people wont bother, as soon as they see ONE ridiculous suggestion, they loose interest.

Also, try joining a gym or something if you really believe the jumping in crpg is cartoonish. I WOULD like to see plate armoured guys jumping only a few inches up, but as to low armoured guys, if you really think people cant jump that far....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:10:00 pm by Grey »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.