Author Topic: Worst things about this game  (Read 7359 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 1652
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Worst things about this game
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2011, 12:46:38 pm »
+1
Wut?

Communitah is great, even you LLJK folks.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2011, 01:56:54 pm »
-2h (It will always be overpowered)
-archers (They will always be annoying roofcampers)
-pike/long spear (Ridiculously broken atm)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2011, 02:57:26 pm »
+1
longspear isnt that bad. annoying when half of the enemy team decides to use one but most of the time it's not a big deal. also longspear guys are usually pretty easy to kill without support even if they're good because once you're "inside" it's range stabbing hardly does anything
FREE ALLERS

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2011, 05:13:20 pm »
+1
1- players that change builds according to every patch flavor.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2011, 05:35:35 pm »
+4
1- players that change builds according to every patch flavor.

What's wrong with that lol.

Can't blame people who don't want to play for example archery if it gets nerfed to the ground.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2011, 07:27:39 pm »
longspear isnt that bad. annoying when half of the enemy team decides to use one but most of the time it's not a big deal. also longspear guys are usually pretty easy to kill without support even if they're good because once you're "inside" it's range stabbing hardly does anything

I think you've been fighting the wrong pikers.  The good pikers (not me) have no problem stabbing for full damage "inside" the logical range of the polearm.  They simply thrust into the ground or to the side of you and then rotate the weapon into you such that the haft touches your hitbox somewhere.  The game treats this exactly as though you had been struck by a thrust when in fact the "pointy" part of the spear didn't even touch you at all.  It's completely counter-intuitive as these weapons appear to be too long to stab with at point-blank ranges.  Utter bullshit.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2011, 07:37:27 pm »
+2
I think you've been fighting the wrong pikers.  The good pikers (not me) have no problem stabbing for full damage "inside" the logical range of the polearm.  They simply thrust into the ground or to the side of you and then rotate the weapon into you such that the haft touches your hitbox somewhere.  The game treats this exactly as though you had been struck by a thrust when in fact the "pointy" part of the spear didn't even touch you at all.  It's completely counter-intuitive as these weapons appear to be too long to stab with at point-blank ranges.  Utter bullshit.

that's when you downblock
FREE ALLERS

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2011, 07:48:04 pm »
+1
that's when you downblock

To hard to block an 81 speed weapon (or some such shit like that) that only has one or two attack directions (pike or Long spear)...

And yet people still claim that speed is MASSIVELY important... I like that they then claim that the pike and long spear is too fast...

Don't mind me, I shall enjoy my super-human powers of performing better when fighting a piker/long-spear user one on one, as apparently that is rare. But wait ToD, in groups Pikes and Long Spears are overpowered! One guy can hold your attention and then the other guy attacks you the instant you lower your attack! Well have no fear idiot peasant, for I the woundrous ToD have noticed that the same can apply if a shielder kites you while an archer/crossbowman/thrower snipes you from the other side, or if a pair of melee lunatics attack you, or if two cav decide to play bumpercars with you! Huzzah, I am a god damned genius!

I am such an amazing player for never having undue difficulty fighting pikers like the unwashed masses apparently do... God I love being me.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2011, 08:56:09 pm »
+1
To hard to block an 81 speed weapon (or some such shit like that) that only has one or two attack directions (pike or Long spear)...

And yet people still claim that speed is MASSIVELY important... I like that they then claim that the pike and long spear is too fast...

Don't mind me, I shall enjoy my super-human powers of performing better when fighting a piker/long-spear user one on one, as apparently that is rare. But wait ToD, in groups Pikes and Long Spears are overpowered! One guy can hold your attention and then the other guy attacks you the instant you lower your attack! Well have no fear idiot peasant, for I the woundrous ToD have noticed that the same can apply if a shielder kites you while an archer/crossbowman/thrower snipes you from the other side, or if a pair of melee lunatics attack you, or if two cav decide to play bumpercars with you! Huzzah, I am a god damned genius!

I am such an amazing player for never having undue difficulty fighting pikers like the unwashed masses apparently do... God I love being me.

i totally agree. pikers are not a issue in 1vs1. they really shine when paired with a good melee. you should see Shpongled with the pike teamed with some other merc. they move as only one body. you can't do anything about that. you need a really good teammate to engage em. that's all.

Offline Hygat

• Count
  • Renown: 205
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2011, 10:20:37 pm »
+1
Only thing fairly bad about this game is the small amount of stunn from blocking that enables spam to be viable, there should be moar stunn for hitting someone thats blocking methinks, maybe this shouldnt apply to certain stuffs that need to be spammed sometimes to be balanced, like great maul and long maul. thats it really :D loved the game for years now
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:22:02 pm by Hygat »

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2011, 11:02:59 pm »
+2
Not a rage thread.  I'm not mad, bro.  These are the things that I think make the game less fun for everyone and are changeable.  I bolded that last part because there's nothing you can do about certain things.

1.  Long Spear
2.  Pole Stun
3.  Polearm overhead not hitting teammates.  Seriously what the hell. 
4.  Getting couched in first 20 or so seconds of a round (nothing you can really do about this one.)
5.  Shitty map rotations.
6.  Reasons 1-3 when combined.

Discuss

1. The weapon itself isn't horribly imbalanced, this seems like a personal rage
2. Game mechanic
3. Game glitch
4. Baddyness
5. Petition in forum to have a map removed
6. Already addressed.

I have discussed.

As an addendum excuse me addressing only the OP. Many valid points have been made.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2011, 08:40:57 am »
+1
Only thing fairly bad about this game is the small amount of stunn from blocking that enables spam to be viable, there should be moar stunn for hitting someone thats blocking methinks, maybe this shouldnt apply to certain stuffs that need to be spammed sometimes to be balanced, like great maul and long maul. thats it really :D loved the game for years now

with the morningstar, i rely a lot on stunning upper blocks to make an open to a swift side swing.

every kind of weapon have his playstyle. swords rely on feints and stabs, polearms rely on stagger, heavy and unbalanced weapons rely on hold attacks and upper block stun (because unbalanced weapons are not made for feints)

block stun by heavier weapons is not a bad thing. also to stun a block, you need to hold the attack for a good power blow. that leaves an opening itself so is easy to counter.

and no. mauls are not made to be mindlessly spammed. a good mauler will wait a good opening to have the time to land a overhead. that require blocking several times until the enemy footwork fails. i often make errors with the maul and every kind of 1h can outspam me if i don't look for a opening.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 08:43:50 am by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2011, 06:09:43 pm »
+2
insta stab for one handed horsemen
Just a soldier

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2011, 07:00:22 pm »
+1
about worst things in this game:

- when two players of the same clan are in different teams and they help each other to kill their enemies/teammates, dehorsing friendly cav, just to be the two last players and duel.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2011, 07:24:36 pm »
+3
1. Using a bow or throwing weapons and having to re-learn how to play or retire every patch after major and senseless nerfs.
2. Using a bow or throwing weapons and being surprised how the devs managed to find one more way to nerf you even when you thought they had done everything.
3. The fact that the devs seem to despise realism balancing, but respond with realism explanations and links to youtube videos they're referencing when justifying ranged nerfs. Balancing nothing else according to realism.
4. Crossbows are immune to this for some reason.
5. Anyone who plays melee doesn't give a shit and just trolls game balance threads, because it doesn't effect them. "Fuck you, got mine."

I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.