Author Topic: Stupid Ewok and Gigantic castle map  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
Stupid Ewok and Gigantic castle map
« on: August 27, 2011, 07:48:27 am »
+5
I may not be in the good section for this but wtv. The tree-Ewok wannabe map on NA Siege Community is ... stupid (I'm just out of words). My friends complained how laggy it was and even I got 2-3 bad lag spikes, making me fall from the tree bridges for example, and I can run Crysis 2 Max graphics with not a single lag) so this is a problem with the map. Also, a lot of times you have to fight with the first person view because there is tree branches and leaves blocking the view, making it really hard for attackers while easy for def. Most ppl don't even know where the flag is. I got so many EZ wins as def and so many terrible lame defeat as attack. Plz get this crap out of the map rotation. 

Same goes for the gigantic double castle in the middle of the desert. The spawn for attackers are WAAYYYYYY too far and everything is just too big. As defence, I never lost a single round and most of it I was just waiting for attacker to get to me but none would come near the flag as it takes a long walk plus 2 door mecanisms to open. So this one too, make it easier for attack or remove it from map rotation.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 03:50:01 pm by Kalam »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Callous

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Invictus
  • Game nicks: Invicti_Executor_Callous
Re: Stupid Ewok and Gigantic castle map
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 05:41:33 pm »
and I can run Crysis 2 Max graphics with not a single lag

umad, bro?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 06:57:26 pm »
umad, bro?

Huh wut? Failed attempt to troll me. Why would i be mad that i have a really good computer?  Ujealous bro?

Oh and thx Tears, ill post in that section tonight as i get back from work.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 11:25:24 pm »
+3
I am under the firm belief nobody tests maps for the community server before adding them, and I stand by that.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 11:26:31 pm »
I am under the firm belief nobody tests maps for the community server before adding them, and I stand by that.

Some days it seems it. They do have a nice variety though. That prison break map though baffles me, nothing but complaints and it is still there, despite many nominations and downvotes... :/
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 07:12:33 am »
+1
Some days it seems it. They do have a nice variety though. That prison break map though baffles me, nothing but complaints and it is still there, despite many nominations and downvotes... :/

Let us not forget the tower of horrors map

Offline Varric

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of the Sun
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangians
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 10:07:20 am »
Downvote.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 02:59:35 pm »
add my map to that god damned server, even my map has got to be better than the "ewok" one or that wooden compound on the hill
FREE ALLERS

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 09:25:32 pm »

There's only so much a map maker can do. I will spawn with max bots but they are dumb. I also try to walk over every inch to find buggy spots. But there is no official method of testing maps. No server for it. No volunteers for it. The best way to test is to put it into regular rotation and see what happens. If a map is just shitty all around, well thats a matter of opinion and mapmakers should be aware of obvious issues. The problem is that the people in charge of the rotation take too long to remove a buggy/shitty map. There are some maps that have very small but very annoying problems that could be fixed under five minutes but no one bothers.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 11:31:20 pm »
There's only so much a map maker can do. I will spawn with max bots but they are dumb. I also try to walk over every inch to find buggy spots. But there is no official method of testing maps. No server for it. No volunteers for it. The best way to test is to put it into regular rotation and see what happens. If a map is just shitty all around, well thats a matter of opinion and mapmakers should be aware of obvious issues. The problem is that the people in charge of the rotation take too long to remove a buggy/shitty map. There are some maps that have very small but very annoying problems that could be fixed under five minutes but no one bothers.

couldnt server LOAD the map and have it ready to go and map maker gets on server and requests his map be loaded for testing, instead of it IN THE ROTATION screwing stuff up.  I dont know how warband works, but thats how other games work.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 10:05:48 am »
couldnt server LOAD the map and have it ready to go and map maker gets on server and requests his map be loaded for testing, instead of it IN THE ROTATION screwing stuff up.  I dont know how warband works, but thats how other games work.

I don't know how the servers work either. I assume someone could add a map, lock down the server and test it. The server would need to be restarted for the map to upload, then passworded for testers only. But there's no process for it. There is no pool of map testers and I don't even know if there's someone in charge of the maps. I think all the current maps on the officials servers are default native maps. All the other servers use mostly custom maps from the scene editing forum.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline MyBallsYourChin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 10:15:56 am »
+1
Even that sounds like too much work.  You don't need "testers", if you load the map with a full server there is literally no better way to discover the bugs in a map.  It's very clear that the administrators of the NA crpg servers are simply lazy, and don't really care if a shitty map stays in rotation for a week or two longer than it should because they don't have to play it.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 12:09:49 pm »
+1
Even that sounds like too much work.  You don't need "testers", if you load the map with a full server there is literally no better way to discover the bugs in a map.  It's very clear that the administrators of the NA crpg servers are simply lazy, and don't really care if a shitty map stays in rotation for a week or two longer than it should because they don't have to play it.

Whenever people would ask me to change a shitty broken map I would make them play it. As shitty as it sounds it really encourages voting the map off, rather than having someone change it for them and they forget about it until the next time they have to play it,

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 03:57:47 pm »
Whenever people would ask me to change a shitty broken map I would make them play it. As shitty as it sounds it really encourages voting the map off, rather than having someone change it for them and they forget about it until the next time they have to play it,

QMD is a myth and not to mention no noob knows about it.  Unless you have a web interface to show votes for/against maps it is pointless