Author Topic: I just realized how boring the game gets at 31  (Read 15140 times)

Offline Zorato

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
    • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: ZORATO_BIRD
  • IRC nick: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
Re: I just realized how boring the game gets at 31
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2011, 04:57:31 pm »
+1
And now for something completely different:

We are currently considering a 4th loom level that you can get by retiring at level 33.

That doesn't make the game any more fun for those that are getting bored of it.  :?
BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2011, 04:57:52 pm »
+1
Also, Murmillus_Prime, why are you -1 bombing everyone?

Cause he's a bitch.  Just ignore him.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2011, 04:58:38 pm »
Please no. Absolutely terrible idea. This is just going to make new people feel even more behind, however "rare" you think they're going to be, day 1 you're probably looking at having 20 of them, and that's if it came out tomorrow. Give people time to prepare for this and you're going to have a hell of a lot more than that. Meanwhile it increases the difficulty of balancing items.

As to the OP, I agree. Less on the point of level 31 being boring and more about c-rpg as a whole. Not going to get into details on this here, don't want to take over this thread but simply adding populated(Meaning don't give people an incentive to play OTHER modes by not giving xp/gold to these servers) FFA or TDM(Unlike Battle, this actually has respawns) servers would renew interest in c-rpg for quite a few people that I know.

Also, Murmillus_Prime, why are you -1 bombing everyone?

He is muted lol, his only way to reply
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »
Hopy HR won't be too demanding in terms of PC specs :P

And yeah 1st one was off the charts. Probably imho best game ever. Anyways take a break from cRPG.

Btw just gotta ask you 1 thing. Mini-spoiler. Have there been any mention of ''Illuminati'' or ''Majestic 12'' so far in HR?

Oh what are your specs? I just recently upgraded everything except for my videocard (will do next week)

I am running everything maxed out as far as I know at a very smooth 60 FPS (very slight stutter, I imagine a videocard upgrade will do the trick)

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 ghz
8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Sapphire ATI Radeon Sapphire HD4850 HD 4850 pcie x16 GDDR3 512MB HDMI
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2011, 05:06:26 pm »
+1
That doesn't make the game any more fun for those that are getting bored of it.  :?
Indeed, but simple game modes that are already in Warband, would.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2011, 05:07:55 pm »
I used to play this game all the time because I would always retire, always look forward to progressing a character after retiring and just having fun doing it.

So I decide to stop retiring and set focus on a build. Hit 31 and that nice wall of 9 million xp is kinda like... Oh.... Fuck that. I need to find some way to motivate me to play :/

It also really makes me realize how much more fun old crpg was :( all that was wrong with it was the WPF transfer to each generation.

You play games because of the achievements and leveling process?  Video game enjoyment, you're doing it wrong.

Sometimes drugs make the games you get bored with more fun, other times finding a new game to play will do the trick.  With attitudes like yours no wonder WoW is such a popular shitty game.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2011, 05:12:06 pm »
You will love it, I am having a blast with this game it is awesome, though I do not know how it compares to the others. I will have to find that out for myself.

Yeah, I really enjoyed DE: HR, a nice refreshing break from e-horses all day, I'm really liking it. I'd like to do a back track through the series again, just because you would be going forward in time with every game you play (Even though Invisible War sucked), and I didn't play enough of the original DE.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2011, 05:17:12 pm »
Oh what are your specs? I just recently upgraded everything except for my videocard (will do next week)

I am running everything maxed out as far as I know at a very smooth 60 FPS (very slight stutter, I imagine a videocard upgrade will do the trick)

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 ghz
8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Sapphire ATI Radeon Sapphire HD4850 HD 4850 pcie x16 GDDR3 512MB HDMI

Lol i will def not be maxing it. Prolly combo of Med-High  :( Oh well.

Yeah, I really enjoyed DE: HR, a nice refreshing break from e-horses all day, I'm really liking it. I'd like to do a back track through the series again, just because you would be going forward in time with every game you play (Even though Invisible War sucked), and I didn't play enough of the original DE.
SO MINI SPOILERS!? Will Majestic 12 and Illuminati atleast get a sidequest? ;(

Damn was too great with the conspiracy theories :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:19:38 pm by CountBerenger »

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2011, 05:32:24 pm »
Just think of the difference between a gen 1 longbow archer, and a +4 longbow with +3 arrows.  Don't do this to us.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2011, 05:35:57 pm »
Quad loom = new chadz troll

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2011, 06:01:07 pm »
+4
i hope is just trolling, but adding a 4th heirloom at level 33 its a very bad idea. Its a bad idea mostly coz the game put already many barriers to new players and even for long time players who have a work and such you know. This will just apeal to the no lifers (wont point at anyone). In the end you will get 20 players full of heirlooms and crap, and new players just wont stay for  long enough. I just dont get it, you "fixed" the game to avoid uber strong players, and then you just add more and more crap that requires loads of loads of time for the same, to become uber strong.. just dont get why you fix something to break it in the next patch. Btw, the game doesnt get boring at level 31 its actually the same crap than at level 27 but easier. If your fun comes from putting yourself silly objetives like "being the most heirloomed of the year" or something like that.. then you already need another game. The game should be fun just for the fact of playing it, you know, swinging swords, stabing ppl, trolling etc etc :). I mean, if you play a game just coz it has a carrot in front of you and you try to get it...then you better play a donkey training game (like wow or similar),action games like mount and blade are meant to be enjoyable just for the sake of playing it, not coz you expect to have item "x" in "y" months.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:06:45 pm by Trikipum »
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2011, 06:40:37 pm »
+2
i hope is just trolling, but adding a 4th heirloom at level 33 its a very bad idea. Its a bad idea mostly coz the game put already many barriers to new players and even for long time players who have a work and such you know. This will just apeal to the no lifers (wont point at anyone). In the end you will get 20 players full of heirlooms and crap, and new players just wont stay for  long enough. I just dont get it, you "fixed" the game to avoid uber strong players, and then you just add more and more crap that requires loads of loads of time for the same, to become uber strong.. just dont get why you fix something to break it in the next patch. Btw, the game doesnt get boring at level 31 its actually the same crap than at level 27 but easier. If your fun comes from putting yourself silly objetives like "being the most heirloomed of the year" or something like that.. then you already need another game. The game should be fun just for the fact of playing it, you know, swinging swords, stabing ppl, trolling etc etc :). I mean, if you play a game just coz it has a carrot in front of you and you try to get it...then you better play a equus africanus asinus training game (like wow or similar),action games like mount and blade are meant to be enjoyable just for the sake of playing it, not coz you expect to have item "x" in "y" months.

worse grammar, but better summed up than my post.

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2011, 06:57:04 pm »
Maybe it would be better if each generation raised the soft level cap/heirloom by 1 level.

Main chars gen 1 cap at 26, Alt chars cap at 21. Allow main chars to trade with alts. Only main chars can produce heirlooms. STF at lvl 25. This would give a greater incentive to generate characters, and reduce the gap between chars stat-wise.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2011, 07:00:35 pm »
That means Kesh with Gen 30-something would have a soft cap of about 55?

Interesting... Powerdraw like all skills now cap at 15... this could be fun... On the other hand, a courser at 15 riding would be just damned hilarious....
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2011, 07:01:34 pm »
I'd disagree. I've got everything I want heir loomed on my HA char now (except arrows but cba to do those really), and I love being at level 30 and just enjoying my full build for the fun. There's no real need for any crazy goals or achievements if you just enjoy playing. Also try some alts?

+1

i now enjoy my build with my gear set done. and i can play ONLY when i really enjoy it.

for the fun or some character building, there are alts.