Author Topic: 24/15 vs 21/18? Can't choose.  (Read 3840 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: 24/15 vs 21/18? Can't choose.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 01:14:00 pm »
well after the new soak damages i decided to go from 24/15 (used to play 2h but i hate it now) to 18/21 playing with mighty elegant as you or long spear.

im finding the high wpf speed bonus and facy footwork with 7 ATH to work much better for me than 2 extra PS.

but if you want power go for 24/15 1 ps extra from your current build in 21/18 wont mean that much i guess especially with the cut damage. i decided to try to outspam rather than outhit ppl with 7ATH 7 WM.

hope this hepled a bit.

cheers  :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 10:01:40 am »
well after the new soak damages i decided to go from 24/15 (used to play 2h but i hate it now) to 18/21 playing with mighty elegant as you or long spear.

im finding the high wpf speed bonus and facy footwork with 7 ATH to work much better for me than 2 extra PS.

but if you want power go for 24/15 1 ps extra from your current build in 21/18 wont mean that much i guess especially with the cut damage. i decided to try to outspam rather than outhit ppl with 7ATH 7 WM.

hope this hepled a bit.

Agree here. Tried a STF char 18/21 yesterday and it was wicked. It depends less on power strike and more on movement and speed bonus. I even managed to 2hit coat of plates a few times due to speed bonus (38c weapon).

Speed bonus is just badass (now if there was only a way to display the speed bonus percentage like in native tutorial...).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:03:54 am by Vibe »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 12:28:46 pm »
21/18, no doubt.

6 Athletics are necessary imo, you can do great footwork with that.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 12:57:40 pm »
If you want to exclusively backpedal with polearms, which is the EU metagame, go 18/21 and enjoy getting one shotted by any decent NA player.  If you want a good build, do 24/15 with maxed iron flesh and power strike, and 0 weapon master.  5 athletics is more then enough to completely dominate people if you are remotely good at blocking, holding attacks, footwork, etc.  You'll have nearly double the HP of the 18/21 builds that max weapon master and all of that dumb stuff.  Maybe high agility is better for dueling (not really) but you are just so gimping your build if you dont max ironflesh and powerstrike and have as much of it as you can for battle and strat.  An NA player that gets some of the highest kills in Strategus matches, Allers, literally has 3 agility.  He rips these coordinated EU teams apart regardless.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:00:39 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 05:22:08 pm »

hope this hepled a bit.

I seen you using flamberge prpavi. 18/21 was my last build and i liked it a lot more than my current 24/15. I miss the extra 2 athletics cos it really helps when it's 1 vs many and I tend to end up in those kind of fights - probably because I fight better and enjoy it more in those situations but the 5 athletics just doesnt seem to be enough. I cant catch most archers either.

I dunno when smoothrich plays on EU but I dont see that many polearms in comparison to other styles. There's a lot of pikes for sure but some 2h use them as well as polearm users.

The way I see it, with a flamberge if you cant 1 hit people with 8 ps then you can still 2 hit most of them with 6/7. The higher athletics will help you survive for longer using footwork or even just being able to run away and outrun players.

Also for those peeps who like to wear full plate, its a godsend to have higher athletics. So many times i see millanese + armets on na who move like a  snail and it might take me 4 hits to kill them but i can circle them so easily that it's no problem.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 05:31:23 pm by RandomDude »

Offline awesomeasaurus

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Awesomeasaurus
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 05:40:04 pm »
1 athletics all day bro. save yourself the points.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 05:54:57 pm »
I seen you using flamberge prpavi. 18/21 was my last build and i liked it a lot more than my current 24/15. I miss the extra 2 athletics cos it really helps when it's 1 vs many and I tend to end up in those kind of fights - probably because I fight better and enjoy it more in those situations but the 5 athletics just doesnt seem to be enough. I cant catch most archers either.

I dunno when smoothrich plays on EU but I dont see that many polearms in comparison to other styles. There's a lot of pikes for sure but some 2h use them as well as polearm users.

The way I see it, with a flamberge if you cant 1 hit people with 8 ps then you can still 2 hit most of them with 6/7. The higher athletics will help you survive for longer using footwork or even just being able to run away and outrun players.

Also for those peeps who like to wear full plate, its a godsend to have higher athletics. So many times i see millanese + armets on na who move like a  snail and it might take me 4 hits to kill them but i can circle them so easily that it's no problem.

actually this is my new gen.

i played polearm 18/21 before it and its fucking broken man. long spear needs to be fixed soon.

the current Flamberge wielding gen in 27/12, not that slow cuz im in kuyak.

i stopped usng flam, using regular danish now just got bored.

btw. with 9ps i still dont one shot ppl with danish, 2h is awfull now.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 05:12:43 am »
i went 21-18 with an elegant poleaxe :P its a sweet sweet build :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 01:46:48 pm »
im trying some weird build now ill either have 20 str 6 if 6 ps 21 agi and 7 athletics or 18 str 6 if 6ps, 21 agi 7 athletics and 4 spare points for either wm or riding possibly

if you cant sheathe flam then i imagine i cant ride a horse with it either

if i was gonna use a sheathable sword then id rather put pts into shield and take a board shield again

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 02:38:57 pm »
1 athletics all day bro. save yourself the points.

Ahmurican?

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 02:55:25 pm »
I am a man of extremes, and after 24/18 lvl 32 build, now I am going for 18/24 30lvl build. Only around 130 wpf and low hp, but I tried it on stf and it is very fun build which can dodge both horses and arrows and bring both confusion and destruction in enemy ranks. I am 2hander, btw, not polearmer.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!