• Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
Re: Wipe
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2011, 11:27:57 am »
Wipe?

No strategus, atleast not the one we wait for...

A small difference in playerlevels...

~ 1400 hours played since August, most of them till may of this year

Crpg allrdy not being the mod anymore I started playing and loved...

Hmmm, ye, full wipe gogo.

Will be the end for many veterans in terms of public gameplay.

Every addiction has its edge...even crpg. And Im  allrdy over that edge.

Wipe = uninstall.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2011, 11:44:16 am »
I would personally like a wipe but too many players would hate it and there is currently no real reason to have a wipe either.

I do hope though that once cRPG comes out of Beta (which will probably never happen :D) there will be a wipe to allow everybody else to catch up who didn't choose to participate in the beta.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:47:38 am by Cyber »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2011, 12:07:44 pm »
I do hope though that once cRPG comes out of Beta (which will probably never happen :D) there will be a wipe to allow everybody else to catch up who didn't choose to participate in the beta.

Let's be realistic here... c-RPG is no Guild Wars 2. Yes, c-RPG is in "beta" ... but that's just an empty word, it's a mod like any other. And by the time it gets out of this "beta" Warband will probably be dying or dead.

You know anyone who went "c-RPG? Nah mang, it's in beta brah!!! I ain't playing it until it's officially RELEASED! Goddamn betas, brah! That's how my uncle died, participatin' in a beta!"
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2011, 12:15:27 pm »
Goddamn betas, brah! That's how my uncle died, participatin' in a beta!"

+1 loled hard

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2011, 12:24:50 pm »
I believe chadz has already said that there will be no more wipes for cRPG. I could be wrong but I can remember a quote floating around, if anyone has it, that would be fantastic and put this to bed.

But what do you think will happen AFTER the beta is over.

^ - ^

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2011, 12:25:16 pm »
Fuckin Beta. Stinks.  :evil:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2011, 01:25:28 pm »
+1
It used to be easier to gain generations in earlier patches so people now adays starting gen 1 and "clawing" their way to the top have a much harder job. ( no stance on wipe though, I don't care either way. )

Before January : back then getting gens was more difficult than it ever was or would be after. You had to save increasing amounts of money, and money was very hard to get. The bonus were small at start but by gen 10, the amounts of bonus xp and wpf were really big, although you had to grind an awful amount of gold to reach that. Also, as the money you needed increased, each gen was harder than the previous one. This was a good game design but the gold price got removed and now generations become easier to get as you go.

Between January and the second heirloom theft : gens were ridiculously easy to get, and became easier with each gen you had, without any limit.

Then, the system was changed to make it a little bit harder again, and the gens and xp were normalized to the "after May" xp bonus values with the second heirloom theft. In fact, nobody gained any advantage by playing more before May than after. Now gens still make you grind the next one faster, but the acceleration stops at gen 16.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2011, 01:42:03 pm »
Before January : back then getting gens was more difficult than it ever was or would be after. You had to save increasing amounts of money, and money was very hard to get. The bonus were small at start but by gen 10, the amounts of bonus xp and wpf were really big, although you had to grind an awful amount of gold to reach that. Also, as the money you needed increased, each gen was harder than the previous one. This was a good game design but the gold price got removed and now generations become easier to get as you go.

Between January and the second heirloom theft : gens were ridiculously easy to get, and became easier with each gen you had, without any limit.

Then, the system was changed to make it a little bit harder again, and the gens and xp were normalized to the "after May" xp bonus values with the second heirloom theft. In fact, nobody gained any advantage by playing more before May than after. Now gens still make you grind the next one faster, but the acceleration stops at gen 16.

sorry but before January it was very easy to get to next generation: gen 1 lvl 15 5k gold, gen2 lvl 16 10k etc ofc if you stayed with the main group the gold wasnt a problem

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2011, 01:52:17 pm »
sorry but before January it was very easy to get to next generation: gen 1 lvl 15 5k gold, gen2 lvl 16 10k etc ofc if you stayed with the main group the gold wasnt a problem

This imo is the biggest argument FOR a wipe.

Again, I am quite sure it won't happen, so there really ain't no reason to discuss it.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2011, 01:55:37 pm »
+1
wipe it
Hit the restart
refresh plz :)
and get rid of heirlooms and the market place
work on strat and more game modes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2011, 01:56:24 pm »
+1
If there was a wipe I would leave. It's taken me the better part of a year to grind my 7 gens. I'm not doing that all over again.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2011, 02:17:46 pm »
+1
No upkeep bug.

Only reason i see behind a full reset considering it took for ever before they fixed it some people must have had billions of gold stored for when the marketplace came and would have scored themselfs a bunch of looms with no effort.

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2011, 02:40:42 pm »
+1

yeah but you speak of old gold value, it was harder to make gold at this time, we won 100/200 gold for one round (in the best case), the grind was not that easy, i don't remember seing every cav with a plated charger and everybody with a tin can (and i remember post of ppl saying they had the first plated after many month).
I never make more money that after upkeep patch, gold was a real pain before, you had to choose wisely what you wanted to buy.

I think a wipe will impact even more casual player, i guess in a month hardcore players will have approximatly the same thing that before, but for casual they'll have to wait many month to achieve the same goal as now.

For some ppl, items and gold don't represent anything, but their chars have an history, if you wipe this you wipe their pleasure

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1823
  • Infamy: 2487
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2011, 02:45:26 pm »
+1
If they wipe everything I'll play Native instead. Pros of native:

- no grind
- no need to play for 4 hours straight
- no messy hitboxes
- no noobs in plate
- no permanent archers
- can change class any moment
- a lot more fast paced than c-rpg
- no stupid maps

Cons:

- i like this community and leaving you guys is a huge minus for native

I don't play Strategus much so c-rpg have few advantages over native for me.