• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Wipe
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 03:29:54 am »
Not that I necessarily agree, but the logic would be something along the lines of giving new players an equal start with veterans.
Current heirloom and lvl is very much dependent on what happened one year ago where the game was quite different.

Why not just remove levels, gold and heirlooms altogether then? No leveling, no grinding, no retiring. That'd make everyone equal.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 03:35:05 am »
Why not just remove levels, gold and heirlooms altogether then? No leveling, no grinding, no retiring. That'd make everyone equal.

That would remove the partly attractive part of improving your character. By wiping every now and then (say each year), you get leveling and balance.
Now however, a wipe of cRPG is imo retarded and would serve none. Smithing skill is already in place to balance it out on strat and as long as strat is wiped everything should be good.

But then again, I am more and more in it for strat and less for the public thingy.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 03:43:44 am »
That would remove the partly attractive part of improving your character. By wiping every now and then (say each year), you get leveling and balance.

I don't see how. You might have balance for about a week or so, then it's back to being just as 'unbalanced' as ever.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 03:47:01 am »
I don't see how. You might have balance for about a week or so, then it's back to being just as 'unbalanced' as ever.
Now however, a wipe of cRPG is imo retarded and would serve none.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 03:48:42 am »
You forgot to actually say something.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 04:03:14 am »
You forgot to actually say something.
You forgot to read what you left out of your quote ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 04:08:50 am »
You forgot to read what you left out of your quote ;)

No, you forgot to use your brain. I know he doesn't support a wipe, so what?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 04:16:16 am »
+1
Well Xant, if you think that one week is enough for people to get advantage, i dare to disagree here. In one week someone might be able to retire what, like once, max twice if playing 24/7, that is not that big deal. Also, any uber generation is limited by the max. xp bonus from retirement, so that is somewhat on even ground even now.

Do not compare crpg to other MMOs, that is just retarded. This is no WoW, do not compare those two. And cause this is NOT WoW, and they do NOT do wipes in WoW, see the logic?  :mrgreen:

There are people, who scammed a lot since the marketplace was put in place, those would get hit by the wipe the most, and i believe the should be punished somehow. (yeah, talking about them heavy stuff abuser, scammers that stole items when people were learning with market and such, this have not happened to me bare in mind, but quite lot of my friends were caught by this)

And do not bring strategus as an argument, devs busy with the new mode so i doubt we will see strat anytime soon. Not to speak with new gamemode new tweaking is necessary, balancing and shit, so yeah, another time sink, good good. Why couldnt i just spend the time by regaining my generations?  :P

And to be honest, a full wipe when the mode is finished would be just cool. Yeah, harsh for old players, but everyone would be able to start on EVEN ground. I would not mind removal of looms at all, if the xp bonus was the same as pre-nerf. I enjoyed the game much more when i had the option to try out new spec by retiring. Now when i try something new, if it is not working as i hoped for, i can either lose like few days of gameplay by respeccing or just rush the last few milions in order to retire. Back then i was able to finish generation even with a spec that was not that viable, but now it is just frustrating.

But then again, god knows if and when this mod is done, strat is out and stuff, but it is good to see how people are dependant on some pixelated items.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 04:25:28 am »
Well Xant, if you think that one week is enough for people to get advantage, i dare to disagree here. In one week someone might be able to retire what, like once, max twice if playing 24/7, that is not that big deal. Also, any uber generation is limited by the max. xp bonus from retirement, so that is somewhat on even ground even now.

Do not compare crpg to other MMOs, that is just retarded. This is no WoW, do not compare those two. And cause this is NOT WoW, and they do NOT do wipes in WoW, see the logic?  :mrgreen:

There are people, who scammed a lot since the marketplace was put in place, those would get hit by the wipe the most, and i believe the should be punished somehow. (yeah, talking about them heavy stuff abuser, scammers that stole items when people were learning with market and such, this have not happened to me bare in mind, but quite lot of my friends were caught by this)

And do not bring strategus as an argument, devs busy with the new mode so i doubt we will see strat anytime soon. Not to speak with new gamemode new tweaking is necessary, balancing and shit, so yeah, another time sink, good good. Why couldnt i just spend the time by regaining my generations?  :P

And to be honest, a full wipe when the mode is finished would be just cool. Yeah, harsh for old players, but everyone would be able to start on EVEN ground. I would not mind removal of looms at all, if the xp bonus was the same as pre-nerf. I enjoyed the game much more when i had the option to try out new spec by retiring. Now when i try something new, if it is not working as i hoped for, i can either lose like few days of gameplay by respeccing or just rush the last few milions in order to retire. Back then i was able to finish generation even with a spec that was not that viable, but now it is just frustrating.

But then again, god knows if and when this mod is done, strat is out and stuff, but it is good to see how people are dependant on some pixelated items.

Even one heirloom is obviously an advantage compared to no heirlooms.

c-RPG is a lot like any other MMO. You grind, you have characters whose gear and XP get saved when you log off and you can then continue the grind when you log back in. You don't give any reasons as to why they're not comparable.

A wipe to punish scammers is retarded to say the least. It punishes non-scammers just as much if not more.

If you enjoy the grind, good for you, no argument there.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 04:36:01 am »
I think a wipe would be in order to level the playing field and give a fair chance to everyone.

Even with the heirloom thefts and gen recalculations, there's people such as Kesh or Goretooth who had some stupidly high XP Bonus and who could retire pretty much every day, and that's not counting the retiring BEFORE the new gold/xp patch.

Before, retiring was easy as hell, so you have people who are Gen 10-20+ because they just happened to be playing before, and you have the new players who have to slowly and painstakingly level up to retire once.

I say remove heirlooms and retirement, add some sort of blacksmith where you can pay to upgrade your weapons, would be a money sink and a way to level the playing field by giving everyone the same kind of advantage.

Bumping the heavier armors up to crazy prices so that upkeep actually works as intended would be another idea, but that's for another topic.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 04:39:11 am »
C-rpg has lost enough of the "rpg" already, if you want everyone to have the same stuff, this is not the mod for you.

If you feel scammed because you sold your balanced katana for $500, you will probably feel more scammed when you lose the $500 and Steam Sale players are on a considerably higher average wage than you.

It's better to be harsh to new players than to old players. It takes next to no time to become competitive.

If you think it was easier to retire pre-upkeep, you don't remember very well.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 04:41:54 am »
C-rpg has lost enough of the "rpg" already, if you want everyone to have the same stuff, this is not the mod for you.

If you feel scammed because you sold your balanced katana for $500, you will probably feel more scammed when you lose the $500 and Steam Sale players are on a considerably higher average wage than you.

It's better to be harsh to new players than to old players. It takes next to no time to become competitive.

If you think it was easier to retire pre-upkeep, you don't remember very well.

All you had to do to retire pre-upkeep was money and like level 15, it was +1 level and I think +10,000 gold every retirements but at this point in the game most people had again, stockpiled enough gold to just keep retiring and retiring over and over again.

I know people like Kesh and Balbaroth and Goretooth all were at gens 15 and above, Kesh was even level 45 or something at some point, then when the upkeep patch happened, Goretooth and Kesh had like 20,000 xp per ticks at x5 or something along those lines, again making retirement very easy.

So even with the heirlooms theft and gen recalculation, it is safe to assume that they're both sitting on a stockpile of heirlooms.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 04:45:15 am »
funny thing is I've gained more "looms" during this time (with low xp gain basically, but the market) than anytime before and I've played(and always play) a ton

if u wiped, within a month or two I'd have everything I need again(full gaunts/1 set of armor and a MW weapon), and everyone else would be fucked, prolly have a hard time wanting to grind vs me, which sounds great, do it, blame it on me(my only caveat, that I've asked for since the beginning)

and then laugh at these guys who think somehow the power gamers would be most effected by this
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2011, 04:48:47 am »
All you had to do to retire pre-upkeep was money and like level 15, it was +1 level and I think +10,000 gold every retirements but at this point in the game most people had again, stockpiled enough gold to just keep retiring and retiring over and over again.

I know people like Kesh and Balbaroth and Goretooth all were at gens 15 and above, Kesh was even level 45 or something at some point, then when the upkeep patch happened, Goretooth and Kesh had like 20,000 xp per ticks at x5 or something along those lines, again making retirement very easy.

So even with the heirlooms theft and gen recalculation, it is safe to assume that they're both sitting on a stockpile of heirlooms.

I think it was +1 level, +5k gold, but do you remember how many kills it took to make that kind of money?

I imagine the top players are not the least deserving people of the top wealth stockpiles.