Author Topic: Comrade God has spoken  (Read 5433 times)

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Comrade God has spoken
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 12:35:36 pm »
Well we can't look into people's heads.
But we can see if someone doesn't even takes the second it takes to type sorry after TKing someone else.
So at least say sorry to let us know you care either because you are sorry or because you don't want to get banned.
The latter one will get you banned eventually tho :mrgreen:

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 12:36:15 pm »
+1
I don't know, people write stuff like ups all the time. In fact I do to. However, I usually follow up with a sorry. Ups alone isn't really enough. If I team wound, TK, horse bump, I try and write sorry at some point. Sometimes you can't because you are in the middle of a fight, but there isn't really an excuse for not saying 'sorry'.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:37:21 pm by Overdriven »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 12:42:14 pm »
+1
A sry is the least thing you should write.

Ups is just like "Oh I dont care".Everytime someone writes ups after a TK I want to tk that idiot badly.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 12:49:18 pm »
+2
Well, I always write I am sorry when I tk someone, even in those rare cases when that is completely the fault of tked person. But if the person accidentally tks me, I don't  think they should be banned because they didn't write they are sorry, especially when it is Executive Outcome, for whom I know he isn't (because it is his playstyle, and I think everyone noticed this so far). In those case, I write something like "fuck you" or "idiot" and that's enough for me.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 12:57:20 pm »
+2
It sounds like something was going on during that time and Meow had talked about the issue specifically which might warrant a special case, but I was always under the impression that saying anything was expected as a common courtesy, but the lack of "sorry" or something similar wasn't a required thing.

If I'm in the middle of a big fight and I tk someone I usually try to save my apology for after I'm out of the hairy situation. There have been rare instances where I think I've forgotten because I was in the shit for so long during the fight, but my point is sometimes you can't say sorry if stopping to type means you'll die too.

Perhaps this situation was unique as I mentioned, but I do find it surprising that saying anything at all was required. You're a d-bag if you DON'T say something, but I didn't know it could be a bannable offense.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 01:14:45 pm »
+1
yeah just to make sure: this is not about sorry & ups.
this is about spawn tking and not even saying sorry.

i myself do not mind if someone tks me in the heat of combat and forgets to say sorry afterwards.
i don't even want people to stop fighting to say sorry just to get slaughtered while typing.

so don't get this wrong.
no one is gonna get banned cause he doesn't say sorry mid round for an accidental TK.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 01:16:54 pm »
+1
It sounds like something was going on during that time and Meow had talked about the issue specifically which might warrant a special case, but I was always under the impression that saying anything was expected as a common courtesy, but the lack of "sorry" or something similar wasn't a required thing.

If I'm in the middle of a big fight and I tk someone I usually try to save my apology for after I'm out of the hairy situation. There have been rare instances where I think I've forgotten because I was in the shit for so long during the fight, but my point is sometimes you can't say sorry if stopping to type means you'll die too.

Perhaps this situation was unique as I mentioned, but I do find it surprising that saying anything at all was required. You're a d-bag if you DON'T say something, but I didn't know it could be a bannable offense.

You're correct, not saying sorry is not a bannable offense (or even punishable).
However, this applies only to accidental TKs. If the admin suspects you of TKing on purpose you'll be banned no matter what you say.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 06:38:38 pm »
+2
I usually just stand over their corpse and give them a moment of silence, and then walk away.
And how!

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 06:46:52 pm »
Well like some have mentioned, Executive Outcomes is a loud-mouthed prick that teambumps a lot.

And as far as I know, has never apologized once when tking me (and believe me you, he has teamkilled me a lot). In fact, he has just bad mouthed me when I ask why he doesn't apologize.

I say Meow did a good call and I think this is not strictly about teamkilling in spawn and not apologizing, you must have done stuff before which were taken into account at the time of the ban.

Same for repeat offenders, they get harsher punishments. Both in real life and in-game.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2011, 01:31:35 pm »
might need to add that the "i banned 4 people in the last 20 mins" wasn't bragging but happened due to massive anarchy on the server. jeez i now know what nuffen went through  :mrgreen:

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 12:10:09 am »
+1
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:38:40 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 12:11:44 am »
Admins seem to get stick for doing their job, one minute they are thanked for sorting out a trouble maker but the next minute they are being ridiculed for doing their job, its what happened to Nuffen.

Administration needs to re-instate Nuffen and start ignoring the vast majority of complaints. Namely, ignore the know troublemakers. There is a reason why in most countries, Criminals are not allowed to vote.

Thankfully I noticed that the forum has been more heavily regulated, and hopefully that will continue.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 12:17:58 am »
+1
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:37:55 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 01:05:52 am »

However the only reason admins get voted is because if a clan dislikes an admins motive then one person nominates and then they get there other 'clannies' to jump on the vote, often writiing BS, to make the admin look in the worst light possible, meaning he/she will most likely be removed as admin. If it went on experience then the votes would be drastically reduced.

Okay, so this thing works the other way around too you know. Nuffen had a campaign thred for 2 days for him to get people to join his cause. Dont you thing guards stacked votes?

Lets call this what it really is and lets get this cleared once and for all. This "clan" youre talking about here are ex Bandits. He got nominated by one etc. etc.

just to inform you ex Bandits now wargs  have around 20 members, half of them not active or semi active and half of them didnt vote at all. Lets say they did thats still only 20 votes.

ok Ujin jumped in, he feels he was wronged, i dont know the numbers Byzantium have atm but they have every right to speak if they feel they have been wronged in any way. Wolves were dragged into this just for Murmillus posting allot in the thread but they had nothing to do with it and were falsly accused of stacking vote against nuffen. kinngrimm said to all he voted to remove nuffen but had really good reasons and he didnt influence anybody from his clan to follow his example.

so what stacking are we talking about here, do wargs, wolves, byzantium have that much power?

NO, he lost fare and square and this was his third or fourth nomination and as long as his friends realise he was doing something wrong and stop buying only is stories and not listening to other ppl you wont understand why he was voted down.

get your head out of your ass people, not everybody is a 15yo rager and wants some sort of vendetta against the admins. i also voted yes, not because he ever banned me (i got kicked by him as a newbie fistfighting with my mate, not a big deal) but beacuse he ruined my game experience. constant pink text, ridiculous warnings, too much admining in general. nobody else does it and i have no problems with any other admin basically i dont know when an admin is on the serever most of the time (except Thomek  :mrgreen:).

its funny how Wookis vote and removal of admin rights went quietly without a big boom, democracy at its finest, people voted he got sacked, ok.
nuffen= massive drama, admin abooz closed, not good for anybody, sign of worse things to come... what? why?

get over it Tenne and Lansamur are doing a great job so far and are more than a good replacement for nuffen.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 01:21:38 am »
I like sex

I totally agree.

Anyone else have something to add to the epic novel by Prpavi? Preferably someone who has never been banned? I would love to hear more opinions, especially from a clanner who is not affiliated with any of the aforementioned clans who participated in the witchhunt?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.