Author Topic: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team  (Read 16346 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2011, 02:18:57 pm »
Well, in either case it doesn't show up in the banlist. So, as far as i and any other admin is concerned, that ban didn't happen.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2011, 02:21:45 pm »
HERE IS AN EXPLANATION FOR ALL YOU MONGLERS!

You see, we have two options:
Option A) We act strict and ban everyone we think is doing bad things. This means we get the majority of people acting bad but also kick/ban people who weren't really doing anything bad.

Option B) We don't really do much and thus no one who is undeserving is banned, however people who are deserving are often also not banned.

We try to stay in between the two, but it isn't always easy. Sometimes we are stricter, sometimes we aren't. We don't always see the entire fight and some fights we don't see at all. We try our best to get rid of assholes on the server. But your definition of asshole isn't the same as ours, neither is it the same throughout the admin team.

You won't always find 100% fairness, but we are trying. Admins are also players, who have taken that extra responsibility to keep out the assholes.

And yes, sometimes we kick you when you don't think you deserve it, but we do. Deal with that shit and don't come whining.

And yes, sometimes we even change the map. I don't do it mid round, some people don't want it mid map, but deal with that shit. I sometimes change the map if I think teams are heavily imbalanced or the map is. It's not because I'm bored, its cause im doing my job.

If you are really that pissed about being moderated (cause thats what it is, even if you don't like it) then either stop coming to the attention of admins or play a different mod.

EDIT: Oh and a protip, if you come on the unban section and go: "I AM TOTALLY INNOCENT ADMIN ABUSE!", i automatically add another day to your punishment. Admit you fucked up or ask to be unbanned ina  friendly manner.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2011, 02:22:00 pm »
Im getting a little bit confused. I said he shouldnt be unreachable for _anyone_ at the opposite team. That means that little stonethrowing peasant is irrelevant, as there are 15 tincans who cant reach him. This also means 15 archers dont help as long as 1 tincan cant reach him/her (tho, Id wait out the situation there, as that one archer is soon dead anyway).

You disagree with this and states that he/she gotta be reachable for _everyone_. The only ones I didnt include is the campers teammates. Only way I can read you is that an infantery TEAMMATE of the camper is enough to force the camper down because he cant teamhit him? huh?
I hope we're just misunderstanding each other here.

Things are getting complicated now.  :lol:

I would formulate it this way:

Every player has to take care all the time that he is reachable by an enemy meele fighter.

So: You can't climb on a roof and then kill the ladder. It's forbidden. (As someone else could kill the ladder I suggested making ladders unkillable for teammates).

Part of archery is being aware of enemy meele fighters. You can't just "eliminate" this part and thus buffing a particular class without reason.

I think I got confused about

By unreachable, we mean unreachable for everyone on opposite team. If they got 1 thrower and 3 non-ranged, they are unreachable for those 3.

As saying "he is unrachable for the 3 non-ranged" = "he is reachable for the ranged".

If you say "we mean unreachable for everyone on the opposite team" this would mean "It's okay to camp unreachable roofs as long as there are enemies who can shoot you down."

This is where I disagree. Everyone should be able to kill you, as you from your roof can shoot down on everyone, too!
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2011, 02:25:28 pm »
i didn't screenshot it so i must be mistaken and it never happened :mrgreen:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:30:59 pm by Meow »

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2011, 02:33:00 pm »
EDIT: Oh and a protip, if you come on the unban section and go: "I AM TOTALLY INNOCENT ADMIN ABUSE!", i automatically add another day to your punishment. Admit you fucked up or ask to be unbanned ina  friendly manner.

But what if he really didn't fucked up ? I'll scream ABOOZE loudly then (oh, last time i get additional 13 days).
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2011, 02:34:23 pm »
dude you even quoted the part that answers your question...
Admit you fucked up or ask to be unbanned ina  friendly manner.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2011, 03:00:53 pm »
HERE IS AN EXPLANATION FOR ALL YOU MONGLERS!

You see, we have two options:
Option A) We act strict and ban everyone we think is doing bad things. This means we get the majority of people acting bad but also kick/ban people who weren't really doing anything bad.

Option B) We don't really do much and thus no one who is undeserving is banned, however people who are deserving are often also not banned.

We try to stay in between the two, but it isn't always easy. Sometimes we are stricter, sometimes we aren't. We don't always see the entire fight and some fights we don't see at all. We try our best to get rid of assholes on the server. But your definition of asshole isn't the same as ours, neither is it the same throughout the admin team.

You won't always find 100% fairness, but we are trying. Admins are also players, who have taken that extra responsibility to keep out the assholes.

And yes, sometimes we kick you when you don't think you deserve it, but we do. Deal with that shit and don't come whining.

And yes, sometimes we even change the map. I don't do it mid round, some people don't want it mid map, but deal with that shit. I sometimes change the map if I think teams are heavily imbalanced or the map is. It's not because I'm bored, its cause im doing my job.

If you are really that pissed about being moderated (cause thats what it is, even if you don't like it) then either stop coming to the attention of admins or play a different mod.

So like the government then, they'll take your money, they'll set some rules, they'll show themselves as hypcorites, people protest, then the leaders of the protest dissapear never to be seen again, government is always right,  the individual is always wrong, protest over, yet  individuals will still be paying taxes to the corrupt system, or in this case donations.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:03:54 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2011, 03:05:49 pm »
this is not a democracy
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2011, 03:08:13 pm »
this is not a democracy

No, it's just run by people who live in democratic societies, that counts for nothing.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2011, 03:12:04 pm »
No, it's just run by people who live in democratic societies, that counts for nothing.

yes

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2011, 03:13:23 pm »
yes

Just proves that the concept of democracy, how it's portrayed by the US and UK, is full of crap. Democracy is there to only server the elite few, or 'lucky' few, in this case, admins will always be more lenient on their friends and other admins alike, and harsher on those they don't like.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2011, 03:16:17 pm »
So like the government then, they'll take your money, they'll set some rules, they'll show themselves as hypcorites, people protest, then the leaders of the protest dissapear never to be seen again, government is always right,  the individual is always wrong, protest over, yet  individuals will still be paying taxes to the corrupt system, or in this case donations.

Im not sure who your paying to play c-rpg, but for everyone else it is free.

Joker: I think you just want to disagree with me, even when I agree with you. At the end of the round, you shouldnt be allowed to stay unreached by _anyone at all_ of the opposite team.
I think its pretty clear now.

Tho, I do disagree that we should start booting people who does this in the middle of the round. You could just avoid em until they are the last ones, then they gotta jump down (and take fall-damage, BONUS!).

The idea about teammates not being able to damage their own ladders is a nice idea. Im trying to find situations where that would be a problem, but I cant find any. Anyone else see a problem with it?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2011, 03:17:51 pm »
yeah people will start blocking stuff with ladders for their own team as in griefing  :mrgreen:

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2011, 03:19:33 pm »
Just proves that the concept of democracy, how it's portrayed by the US and UK, is full of crap. Democracy is there to only server the elite few, or 'lucky' few, in this case, admins will always be more lenient on their friends and other admins alike, and harsher on those they don't like.

lol bullshit
ask the shogunate, they are my buddies yet i constantly ban and kick them. Seriously, ask any shogunate.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2011, 03:21:53 pm »
[conspiracy]I hear chadz is a freemason.[/conspiracy]