Author Topic: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team  (Read 16210 times)

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2011, 06:21:45 pm »
@cmpxchg8b

Seeing how liliths adding to the discussion is limited to the following:

u mad?

lol u funny

I'm not suprised he/she/it isen't aware of the server rules.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2011, 06:39:40 pm »
although i never had any problems with you dear Michael sadly it's not what you do and claim others don't but how you behave and by the way you write here you clearly belong right with those 90% of people you were talking about earlier

just saying you are different really doesn't help nor do we care about it.

When were you elected to speak for this community? Not that you were not competent or qualified, I think you are absolutely perfect to represent the average member of this community.

Also, you might have had no problems with me, but I have recognized you. You are not worth my time. Feel proud and happy that you got a serious answer.

In the future, there might be a more democratic approach - eventually the possibility to elect and unelect admins, because after all, they are supposed to represent the community.

I like that idea, like I like Animal Farm. Awesome stuff. Also very nice movies, both the comic and the newer version.

Give the community the admins the community deserves.

(I have accepted some name changes, hope thats not a problem, just wanted to help out a bit. =))

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2011, 07:16:15 pm »
man you are one confusing dude.
if you want to be a good troll you will have to stop contradicting yourself by saying i'm not worth your time but still replying to my post at all.

for the nice try i will still give you +1 troll point so we can get you closer to zero again where you belong :mrgreen:

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2011, 07:47:24 pm »
I would never expect a volunteer admin to spectate 5-10 hours like Lilith mentioned. However, I believe 1-2 hours is reasonable. If there are 20 admins or whatever, that should be plenty of coverage. A lot of people do it on many, many other games. That's sort of what a volunteer does, shit for free that not everyone wants to do. They do it to support the community, not for perks. And if they don't have time to do that and play, maybe they should not be an admin.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2011, 07:49:55 pm »
Spectating a crpg battle with 100 players is:
a) deadly boring
b) mostly useless, since you got to get real lucky to catch anything that way.

Don't confuse it with admining on games, like CS or such, where an admin has maybe some 20 players to watch and various griefing is near impossible to miss, whilst he just usually has to check top players for cheats.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:53:45 pm by [ptx] »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2011, 07:50:22 pm »
to be honest i have not seen a single game like m&b as in fps/tps like game where admins don't play but just observe.
if you are talking MMO games where gamemasters watch players - that is something WAY different and in most cases they can actually do something while doing so or just dualbox.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2011, 08:32:35 pm »
Actually, being in an unreachable place is allowed as long as you're not last man standing/delaying the round.

can you send us a link so we can read the rules?

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2011, 09:01:12 pm »
I read the first page of this thread.

Here's my perspective;

I try to be fair and impassive as an admin and if im not having a good game i stop playing instead of taking it out on others with my wonderous powers of kick/ban and change map.

You're not gonna live up to everyone's expectations of what an admin should or should not be doing and what punishment people deserve if any.

I think we try to make server rules as plain as possible and update the server messages frequently when any changes are made eg not using construction sites to block areas in siege.

I think the servers are better for it really and i dont see half as much intentional tk's/team damagers and griefers as i used to.

I cant say that i've ever seen an admin "abuse" their powers. I was annoyed with a map change once but i've made that mistake myself too and all you can do is learn from it.

Offline Ramsay

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ramsay
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2011, 10:31:39 pm »
after reading 5 pages only one thing comes to mind: ABOOZE!!!

but seriously people how many times admins saved your precious x5 by kicking unreachable AFK before a draw? or by making a map change pool on siege maps when you were attackers trying to hold to that hard earned multi?

don't go witch hunting because one admin made a mistake. take a chill pill :D

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:46 pm »
Actually, being in an unreachable place is allowed as long as you're not last man standing/delaying the round.

Ofc, I didnt say it was against rules, just bad.

And a thank to thtb who totally ignores the posts where Ive actually tried to discuss, and hangs up in those where I didnt longer care. (i never get any answer on those serious ones, strangely enough).

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2011, 10:07:35 am »
there should be some sort of magna carta libertatum (administrationum ludendorumque)

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2011, 11:55:37 am »
Played close to 700 hours of c-rpg now. Never been voted, kicked, banned or anything of the kind...

Few simple rules i follow as good as i can:

- Always say sorry even for a slightest offence ( like a tiny horse bump ), even if it means you need to stop in the middle of a battle and die while typing.

- If you are the last man standing, and you are aware of that - die asap, whistle like crazy if you are far away, or lost.

- Never curse ( this one is hard, i sometimes boil with rage, and some players deserve to be cursed at )

In all the time i have been playing, i only encountered a single episode where i had to do TK round after round. 2-3 guys killed my peasant archer alt for no reason ( I took too much space behind "their" siege shield, so they just killed me 2 rounds in a row ), and were trying to vote kick/ban me, when I rejoined the server on my main, and  took my revenge. I still hate them, and would really fck them bitches up ( as long as they are not some karate bodybuilders hehe ).. One name i still remember - Deslock or Deslok. Damn, i wish him all the worst in life.
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2011, 12:11:43 pm »
If you have a feeling you might be doing something wrong, think about it for a few seconds. In 99% of the cases you will reach the correct conclusion without even consulting the rules.

Admins cannot see everything. If I see you intentionally teamkilling a peasant, I will kick you without warning. I don't care if he kicked you three seconds ago, teamkills are still not allowed. Same goes for most offenses - I only act on what I see. If someone's causing trouble, announce him in the chat so an admin can take a look. Don't take "justice" into your own hands.

You might be unjustly punished. Of course that should not happen, but as all admins (except Wooki) are human, they sometimes make mistakes. Going all ragey in won't fix it. You probably want to let the admin know with a civilized reply, but raging won't do you any good. Quoting Smeagol, "we be nice to them if they be nice to us".

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2011, 01:37:40 pm »
I try to stay away from the EU_1 or 2. Laggy and shitty admin cough Wooki cough.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2011, 01:51:20 pm »
The admins watch us -- but... Who watches them? DUN DUN DUN!

On a serious note, I sort of agree that some of the admins shouldn't be admins. But these types of controversies usually end up creating their own lies about certain individuals associated with the controversy. Just because 10 people are saying "That guy abuses!" doesn't mean it's true.

Also, lock this thread. I can see it derailing into a flamewar :x.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.