Author Topic: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team  (Read 16256 times)

Offline InqWiper

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: InqWiper, Sir_Lancealittle, Ukuppes, Samuelsson
Re: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2011, 11:15:47 am »
If that was the case, i could do some serious harm on the server :p

On to the point, i think its about time this thread gets locked. People sharing their experiences about admins are fine and all, but i feel stupider (is that even a word? See what you have done with me!) after reading this thread.. :(
Noone is forcing you to read it.
It´s not about the size of your sword, but the ferocity with which you thrust!

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2011, 11:21:19 am »
did AP get banned lately or something?
right now he sounds more like asshurt.

i'm pretty sure most of the admin bans happening make the game better for everyone else so i don't see how it would actually reduce the donation income also most people are way too addicted by now anyhow to let a ban stop them from returning  :mrgreen:

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2011, 11:39:40 am »
Fail IQ.
Every single player you ban for vague reasons might be a a donor, not to say their donations and support might have been even more generous then your own. Some of you admins act like you're the only ones responsible for keeping this mod up and running but even if that was true, and its not, such behaviour would be wrong.

It might be a wild idea, but I do think the good-behaving people are donating more than the bad-behaving.

Also, if we ban enough people, we can close down one server and save money (its not a goal, trust me, or.. trust logic!). So if we start banning more people, we will have more donated money for each server.
:D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2011, 11:45:14 am »
Just wanted to make this last point clear. And try not to ruin this community and mod, its really fun and I enjoyed it while it lasted. Cheers

Oh, you convinced me, my original plan to ruin the mod by banning people was wrong.
Now I will ruin the mod by making fun of them in admin chat.

[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2011, 02:15:30 pm »
Fail IQ.

Yeah. Alex, get some brains you retard. That suggestion wouldn't work at all. It was a SILLY idea. If you admins can't come up with proper ideas, then why are you even admins?

Just to make my point clear: Alex is a retard.
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2011, 02:42:00 pm »
Yeah. Alex, get some brains you retard. That suggestion wouldn't work at all. It was a SILLY idea. If you admins can't come up with proper ideas, then why are you even admins?

hmm, i concur
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2011, 03:00:08 pm »

QFT

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2011, 09:40:22 pm »
Well, the admin corruption... the endless story in online games. Personally Ive been admin for 3 years in a server with 15k diferent players in 1 year. I just say this to show that i know what is being an admin. Im personally the kind of admin people dont know as admin cause rarely uses his admin rights. Its strange if I kick people, i think ive banned like 5 persons in 3 years. For me being an admin isnt special, its more like a job and being excited about admin powers its just silly for me.

Some of you may know me, most wont. Ive been playing crpg for a long time, almost from the beginning. I got maybe some 1200 hours logged in steam. Doing numbers.. bla bla bla, removing the hours in idle, the times i just felt sleep with the game open and the time ive played Native... lets say i got some 1000 cRPG hours already played. In the last times, Ive been noticing some admin abuse yes. The worst case is admins switching maps before the round ends to keep their multiplier to the next map. And this is a the worst case for me coz its really lame. Just that. Nothing to make drama about. Ive also seen some people being banned for really silly things. So there is some kind of abuse yes.

I think the main problem is how players perceive the admins. And now Lilith, you are my example. Dont get this personal or whatever, but you are the kind of admin im talking about. I dont really know if you are a guy a girl or a dog, so ill just use "she" if i talk about you:

While Lilith isnt really a bad admin, she usually just does her job, she is the kind of admin most people dislike. Im sorry to tell you this lilith, but you show a sort of arrogance about being admin who most people dislike. That "im cooler than you coz im admin and i can kick you, and now kneel in front of me" actitude doesnt fit very well with admin duties. And you may not notice it, but sometimes you act in a way players may understand as being "bullyed". I think its just you being really young  or just the novelty of being admin. Its something that doesnt bother me anymore (im already well grow,+30 wont say more, and anyways i always play fair), but i understand it may bother others since it bothered me in the past. Ive been playing online for 12 years. Ive played many diferent kind of games in dozens and dozens of servers. If i had to compare the admin teams i wouldnt say this team isnt any worse or better. They are just a bunch of individuals, some will be good judges, some will be just suckers (and no lilith, im not saying you suck, You may or not, i dont know since i dont know you). It always happen. As a final reflexion, sometimes the admin team makes the game feels "unconfortable" to play since it feels you may get kicked or banned anytime for comiting a stupid mistake.

P.D: Lilith, Lilith isnt a demon!, It was a wind's spirit long before Hebrews called her a demon. She represented the freedom, while Hebrews turned her in Sin. Yes yes, she fornicated with demons, I know that.. but hey, that doesnt turn you in a demon, does it?... if that was true... Im already fucked up since my ex was a damn demon lol.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:46:46 pm by Trikipum »
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2011, 10:05:28 pm »
I dont really know if you are a guy(,) a girl or a dog, ...

Haha, you are funny. I ban you last.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2011, 10:42:27 pm »
Haha, you are funny. I ban you last.

by saying last, you are infering that at some point, you will stop banning, and we both know that isnt true

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2011, 10:51:23 pm »
by saying last, you are infering that at some point, you will stop banning, and we both know that isnt true

At least Trikipuma can be comforted by the fact that Urist bans him last meaning he will never ban Trikipuma.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2011, 11:29:00 pm »
That "im cooler than you coz im admin and i can kick you, and now kneel in front of me" actitude doesnt fit very well with admin duties.

that's the part i agree with.

then again i'm pushing buttons all the time and mostly everyone is just getting a laugh out if it which makes me think a lot of the admins are not really into being brownnosed.

just make sure you don't hurt their feelings else you'll get banned on irc :(

next time start with your P.D. that will get people interested.
it's how the interwebs work  :mrgreen:

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2011, 12:41:12 pm »
that's the part i agree with.

then again i'm pushing buttons all the time and mostly everyone is just getting a laugh out if it which makes me think a lot of the admins are not really into being brownnosed.

just make sure you don't hurt their feelings else you'll get banned on irc :(

next time start with your P.D. that will get people interested.
it's how the interwebs work  :mrgreen:

I agree that a "im cooler than you coz im admin and i can kick you, and now kneel in front of me"-attitude is bad, I havent observed any such attitude amongst the admins tho.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2011, 12:56:28 pm »
I agree that a "im cooler than you coz im admin and i can kick you, and now kneel in front of me"-attitude is bad, I havent observed any such attitude amongst the admins tho.

I only have two settings, off and "im cooler than you coz im admin and i can kick you, and now kneel in front of me".
Sorry

EDIT: and the "now kneel in front of me" is meant VERY sexually
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:05:36 pm by Wookimonsta »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile