Author Topic: death of c-rpg?(maybe a slow death)  (Read 11311 times)

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
Re: death of c-rpg?(maybe a slow death)
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2011, 05:50:52 pm »
I used to buy a game most months, since getting warband and its mods I've only bought Witcher 2 and havnt got round to installing.

It will stop in a year or two but hopefully a few games of different types using the combat system, which is easily the best and most skilful I've seen on a PC, will be available. Lets be honest in 3-5 years the PCs and graphics cards will be almost tv quality and we will view warband graphics the way we now view the original daggerfall.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2011, 06:38:51 pm »
I used to buy a game most months, since getting warband and its mods I've only bought Witcher 2 and havnt got round to installing.
You should, Witcher 2 is a-fucking-mazing.  Easily one of the best cinematic RPG's ever.
Lets be honest in 3-5 years the PCs and graphics cards will be almost tv quality and we will view warband graphics the way we now view the original daggerfall.

PC's and graphics cards are already far far far superior to tv quality in every way.  They have been for a while now.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2011, 07:40:46 pm »
How could cRPG dies ? It's the only medieval fps out there, it's just a matter of time before they come back.
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2011, 07:48:12 pm »
How could cRPG dies ? It's the only medieval fps out there, it's just a matter of time before they come back.

Die please.  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2011, 07:49:01 pm »

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/war-of-the-roses
and
http://www.chivalrythegame.com/

Competition is on the way and they look so much better.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2011, 07:57:11 pm »
and

you realize paradox is the guys who do m+b right?, also that chivalry doesn't look that great, you can tell the engine is pretty funky

Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2011, 08:05:45 pm »
you realize paradox is the guys who do m+b right?, also that chivalry doesn't look that great, you can tell the engine is pretty funky

Paradox is dumping TW for this game though.  Basically stealing the whole M&B thing and attempting to do it better with a higher budget and better engine.
"
Fatshark take what was learned from Lead and Gold and apply it in a medieval setting, using the Bitsquid tech-engine for high quality visuals and performance.
 The driving focus of the game is creating a multiplayer game with the same accessibility as the best competitive shooters currently out there, but in a medieval setting with a primary emphasis on melee combat.
 The focus of the core gameplay is on the Multiplayer experience, but we will have an engaging and immersive story driven single player campaign designed to prepare and train players for the multiplayer experience. The single player campaign will give the players direct rewards to use in the multiplayer battles.

Features
■Recreating Medieval Battles - recreate the feeling of the savage face to face fighting during the Wars of the Roses.
■Huge Persistence System - create your own character and rise through the ranks from lowly serf to a noble knight in the finest armor. Addictive progression system with unlockables, leveling and detailed statistics.
■Team Oriented Game Modes - work together in a team towards common goals
"

Also read the 2nd feature.  Create your own character and blah blah blah.  Death of cRPG right there quite possibly since it IS the cRPG experience.  Just conjecture though.

Well everyone opinion and all that, but I think that Chivalry game looks quite promising and the combat gameplay footage looked intriguing.  Looks like there's no directional blocking BUT it's far prettier and I like the idea of the forced 1st person perspective.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2011, 08:09:49 pm »
You people can only play one game at once?

Pretty much this.

cRPG is by far the game I played in the most dedicated manner, yet I still play at least 3 other games in a day (atm Minecraft, Europa universalis III latest version and some ultra-rare (on PS3) japanese RPG named Eternal Sonata).

But when talking to other people, especially MP games fans, most of them are completly mono-maniac. If I had to play only one game during one month for example, I would not play half as much as I do. That's also why I never sold any, I'm too afraid of wanting to play an "old" game again, and that happens quite often :lol:

So at least for me, cRPG will never die, because I never quit definetly (though this mod changes with the patches so it could theoritically become too bad for me to play it).

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2011, 08:18:08 pm »
Pretty much this.

cRPG is by far the game I played in the most dedicated manner, yet I still play at least 3 other games in a day (atm Minecraft, Europa universalis III latest version and some ultra-rare (on PS3) japanese RPG named Eternal Sonata).

But when talking to other people, especially MP games fans, most of them are completly mono-maniac. If I had to play only one game during one month for example, I would not play half as much as I do. That's also why I never sold any, I'm too afraid of wanting to play an "old" game again, and that happens quite often :lol:

So at least for me, cRPG will never die, because I never quit definetly (though this mod changes with the patches so it could theoritically become too bad for me to play it).

Curious.  Do you have a job and family?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2011, 08:25:54 pm »
Curious.  Do you have a job and family?

Okay, 1-0  :lol:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2011, 08:36:02 pm »
and

The combat system of Mount & Blade is very well done, Chivalry's looks like bear shit, come on look at what happens, that doesnt look nearly as intense and skill requiring as Warband's combat system. Better graphics won't make me play 600 hours if the gameplay is crap.

Now War of the Roses on the other hand, concerning features it sounds good. But it all depends if the combat system is interesting and skill based.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2011, 08:51:41 pm »
If no1 did or have tried playing Age of chiverly they missed out touche for them i think i played that mod more then cRPG tbh.

Better combat and balance only downside is there arent the RPG element to it and no grind.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline jemoeder

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2011, 08:56:14 pm »
The server is full again... Start dying please. I think with fire and sword will die before crpg does. I have played around there a bit and only one server decently populated. All them range my old friends blast each other and cant block nothing so you can get surprising k/d ratio's mindlessly spamming them with 2h up close.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2011, 08:58:46 pm »
chivalry looks awful, and they're not even far enough along with war of the roses to put together an ingame trailer, just some shitty CG dude on a horse riding around, it's probably like a year+ away so why worry about what it's going to do to playerbase now?
FREE ALLERS

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2011, 09:02:07 pm »
The server is full again... Start dying please. I think with fire and sword will die before crpg does. I have played around there a bit and only one server decently populated. All them range my old friends blast each other and cant block nothing so you can get surprising k/d ratio's mindlessly spamming them with 2h up close.

Fire and Sword was already dead when it was born.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!