Author Topic: Final Solution for Cavalry. (Make it.. different)  (Read 20112 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: Final Solution for Cavalry. (Make it.. different)
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2012, 02:59:02 am »
I still find them "slightly" overpowered, in the hands of good players.
TomMyyY, Riddaren, Kastamonulu, a lot of GKs, Merc_Pandemona, etc... are really powerfull, and not just on the so-called infantry maps. Of course, they're excellent players, who do very good on foot too, but they're deadly on a horse.

I just don't see how to slightly nerf them, without touching at their gameplay and stats, wich would be a bad idea imo.

If only the community could "buff" itself and understand that protecting the range is the only efficient way to kill cav without risks. Even if it's fairly easy to dodge projectiles, it remains an excellent counter.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2012, 03:13:04 am »
but isant that like saying 2hers are OP in the hands of cooties, phyrex, phase, GTX ect?

but you do have a good and fair point
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2012, 12:43:37 pm »
Well, all melee can be ganked. Did you try to gank an horse ? :rolleyes:
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2012, 12:53:44 pm »
Well I think the real problem these days is that there are too many cav, and they create too much random and lame deaths,

directly (lance 1 shotting), indirectly (bumping), and inadvertently (TH lancing, and bumping teammates).

As I've said many times, I don't mind cav playing being powerful, but if they were teamworking more, there would also be less random shit happening. My suggestion goes on the lines of changing how they are played. Making them less powerful as super-maneuverable ninja gocarts, and more of a freight train that gain advantage from cooperation.

Like it is now I think it's bad for gameplay, for most players.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1277
  • Infamy: 2929
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2012, 01:17:26 pm »
Yesterday, when 245 players were online at the same time I was riding towards enemy base. At their spawn I saw an army of cav (30-40 of them). First thing I did was to turn around and ride back to my base.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2012, 01:30:24 pm »
FUCK YEAH !
Best suggestion ever.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2012, 02:39:52 pm »
Well, I'd be down for a change in how cavalry work tbh. I think that, it would actually be kinda cool, though I must note that teamwork's rare enough as infantry--I fear that cavalry would just be unplayably nerfed for the individual horseman. Even with heavy armor and high HP, as an individual horseman "stalling out" near a group of enemies by some sort of polearm thrust is essentially a death sentence.

I think horses should be as just maneuverable as they are now when at a low speed, so that they can a) support infantry 1h/shield cav style and b) fight other cav up close and actually have fun.

I see this idea essentially creating two fighting situations for cavalry: the high speed, high impact, low maneuverability charge and the slow speed, highly maneuverable trot. Well, maybe the stat changes actually won't do anything to prompt this when implemented, but hell, it's what I'd like to see.

It'll force cavalry to stick with their respective team's infantry blob (for protection in the event of polearm rearing, and for distracting the enemy blob). It'll actually make the cavalry charge rewarding and effective, rather than stupid and suicidal. It'll probably make 1h/shield the preferred secondary weapon set of choice for cavalry, for they'll need that shit when fighting at slow speeds. The heavy lance would be heavily nerfed in its current role, and would essentially work as a tool for cavalry charges. The light and regular lances, being faster and more useful at a slow speed, up close, might begin to see more use.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2012, 02:56:47 pm »
+8
ive said it many times now, but people just lack the imagination to understand it, the amount of cav now is because the change of the lance angle,

new lance angle made lancers much less effective at killing other cav, as now you need to have your enemy in front of you to kill, before good lancer could take out 5 other cav in quick fight if they were better than them

when i made khans extravaganza cav tourney, it hit me that more than 90% of cav couldnt imagine a fight without dehorsing other player, before lance angle change aiming for the rider was the thing to do

so now imagine that in the battle you try and have a cav fight, which probably will get you dehorsed, how many people will keep trying cav fight before they realise going for infantry is much better ? sure cav fights still happen, but its not what it used to be, the cav fights for lancers were much more exciting and more people wanted to go for them than now, and we did. you had to "earn" your right to be riding a horse with so many dedicated anti-cav cav

every map started with big cav clash and only the survivors of that clash went for the infantry, now i see many cav going for infantry rather than cav and im not saint here, if i see 5 cav i know i cant take them all out with current mechanics, you can kill one and than get 4 of them on your back and be dehorsed or killed

the irony is that the change came from infantry, and without them realising it, it turned on them big

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2012, 03:52:13 pm »
Chagan, archery has also been hit quite hard; a decent horse can soak up a good bit of fire, and so can a horseman (in mail). This contributed a lot.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2012, 03:58:35 pm »
Chagan, archery has also been hit quite hard; a decent horse can soak up a good bit of fire, and so can a horseman (in mail). This contributed a lot.

Get out from here...

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2012, 04:01:14 pm »
Boost archery damage to nerf pole/2h/cav. Also throwers.
Best ban reason ever:
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2012, 04:13:02 pm »
+1
So, what about bringing back the old lance angle, but reducing the length of the heavy lance and light lance. That way, you'll have your so desired cav fights, but you won't outreach awlpike and such with the 90° angles.
And with the new angle, killing archers will be a piece of cake, so also reduce all horse's health by 10 points, for example.

Seriously, saying that it's the infantry fault that cav are powerful... it's nonsense. Cav were too powerfull before, and they didn't exploit their strength then, preferring fighting with themselves. But now that they rape infantry, even after being nerfed (and may i remember all heavy lance user that the lance angle nerf ALSO came with a huge speed buff for it), it's the infantry's fault...

Why are there more cav now ? Because it's the most efficient all around class. That's all. Not (stupid GK), because the lance angle has been nerfed...

Edit : I just hate the fact that they're so called balance because it's expensive. Give me a SUPER long spear wich costs 50k gold, with 10 more reach, 10 more speed, and 10 more damage. For the sake of balance goldwise.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:19:16 pm by Bulzur »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2012, 04:14:58 pm »
Give us old panzerfaust archers for a day, see cav GTX. Also the 2h/polearm no shield guys cry rivers.
Best ban reason ever:

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2012, 04:37:47 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
+1. yes.

Bring back a native like lance radius.
Also,
remove couch (except from great lance and tourney lance which do not have thrust).
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2012, 05:03:52 pm »
Bring back the original lance radius. BRING BACK THE EPIC CAV BATTLES!!!!  Hell thats why i fell in love with this game now all you can really do is go head to head in a chicken match and it comes down to who has better timing and wpf, or sneak up from behind.  As a result it pretty much forces cav to go after infantry.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:07:56 pm by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...