Author Topic: nuffen: stay or go?  (Read 36412 times)

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
Re: nuffen: stay or go?
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2011, 11:48:02 pm »
All the pimps were doing the other day was teamwounding and teamkilling and creating a problem on the server!!
in my mind they deserve to be banned for a day each but i think a week is abit too long
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2011, 11:59:04 pm »
nuffen killed gnjus.. fu n

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2011, 12:01:54 am »
(click to show/hide)
All i see is "BLOOO BLOOOH DERP DERP HERP DERP BLUUUHUUUHHUHUHUHHHHH  :cry:"

Some insider info from when i was still admin. I would've considered myself the 2nd most active admin back then, but Nuffen was leading big time, it is almost as if he lived in that (friggin slow, uncomfortable to use) banlist. I think the amount of complains i received about my admining, relative to nuffens complaints, was in the same ratio as my activeness to his activeness.
Admins that don't receive complaints about themselves are... well, they're 90% either inactive, passive or way too soft. If you do moderate and do it actively, you DO make the occasional mistake, it is just human.

Even so, for the sake of the guy's sanity, i'd recommend at the very least taking a break, if not dropping this whole shit altogether.

Also by saying this you're suggesting it's ok for admins to kick players for trolling ,if so then there are also admins who should be kicked by other admins, and then that means admins are directly breaking rules themselves. Oh how contradictory!

You're also suggesting it's ok to let someone team-kill you when they feel like it and don't do a thing about it in-case nuffen is online, oh dear, I mean forgive me for actually wanting the real problem players dealt with before the regulars are targeted by the red glowing eyes of Nuffen the bad ass admin who does bad ass things and blah blah dribble hurr and durr..

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:03:06 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2011, 12:02:12 am »
nuffen killed gnjus.. fu n

No...

There were many reasons why he left
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Redus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2011, 12:02:43 am »
+1
All the pimps were doing the other day was teamwounding and teamkilling and creating a problem on the server!!
in my mind they deserve to be banned for a day each but i think a week is abit too long

Oh and most of us agree with that (although the teamhitting begane after we where being teamhit/killed constantly), but the problem is he banned the two players who hardly did anything. speaking for myself I did nothing against anyone, hell even not against my enemy and I was trying!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2011, 12:02:48 am »
+1
Lol Nuffen needs a secretary to help him keep track of all these bans.

Seriously though, being an admin can be a difficult job. But a large part of it is knowing and being accepted and respected within your community. If you're not, then you can't do your job properly, no matter how well you do it. People will either troll you and force you into a rash decision forced by anger if they know they can, or if you don't know your community, you won't recognise how to distinguish different incidents from troll acts, to an accident to however many other possibilities there are. Being strict to the rules is all very well and good, but you'll piss off a lot of people, some will deserve those strict punishments, but many won't for a variety of reasons. Each incident has to be judged around the rules. Admining requires a strong level of judgement that can distiguish situation from situation because they are all different.

It's one of those things that makes admining a difficult balancing act.

Now I know Nuffen is one of the few very active admins. And perhaps has become over stretched with it all. No admin should admin every time they play or even for the majority of the time they play, no matter how much they enjoy it or whatever. And certainly the work of checking ban lists ect needs to be well managed and divided between a good few of you.

I think this case highlights more than anything, a sore lack of active admins on the EU servers.

And on top of that I think that even if the decision does keep Nuffen admining, Nuffen should take a break from it and more admins should be brought in to manage the EU servers.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:04:22 am by Overdriven »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2011, 12:04:17 am »
Lol Nuffen needs a secretary to help him keep track of all these bans.

Seriously though, being an admin can be a difficult job. But a large part of it is knowing and being accepted and respected within your community. If you're not, then you can't do your job properly, no matter how well you do it. People will either troll you and force you into a rash decision forced by anger if they know they can, or if you don't know your community, you won't recognise how to distinguish different incidents. Being strict to the rules is all very well and good, but you'll piss off a lot of people, some will deserve those strict punishments, but many won't for a variety of reasons. Each incident has to be judged around the rules. Admining requires a strong level of judgement that can distiguish situation from situation because they are all different.

It's one of those things that makes admining a difficult balancing act.

Now I know Nuffen is one of the few very active admins. And perhaps has become over stretched with it all. No admin should admin every time they play or even for the majority of the time they play, no matter how much they enjoy it or whatever. And certainly the work of checking ban lists ect needs to be well managed and divided between a good few of you.

I think this case highlights more than anything, a sore lack of active admins on the EU servers.

And on top of that I think that even if the decision does keep Nuffen admining, Nuffen should take a break from it and more admins should be brought in to manage the EU servers.

Recently there have been up to 4 admins and more on at once. I saw mustikki taking action against some players, she warned them, then kick warned then eventually banned them. I even praised him/her for doing so, because that is the example which I believe admins should adhere to, responsible thought through punishment, step by step, not suddenly 3 spammed messages I never got the chance to see but an actual kick, surely ignoring a kick warning is a big green light for the ban bin, but if you don't give players the chance to show you how they'd react after being given a proper warning how do you know the ban was just?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:06:13 am by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2011, 12:04:34 am »
derp derp herp derp herp derp blah blah dribble hurr and durr..
Well, that was insightful.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2011, 12:05:14 am »
+1
Recently there have been up to 4 admins on at once.

Really? On EU1 I've given up playing much because there are never admins on and the amount of polls is getting unbearable.

I know Pecores had lots of admins during the laggy EU server weeks.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2011, 12:07:13 am »
Well, that was insightful.

Well those with working eyes but a perception shallow and blurred, that's all you'll see. I'm actually talking about these issues properly, if you fail to understand basic rationality then please gtfo.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2011, 12:08:25 am »
Well those with working eyes but a perception shallow and blurred, that's all you'll see. I'm actually talking about these issues properly, if you fail to understand basic rationality then please gtfo.
I was about to ask you not to make me laugh, but it is way too late for that now :lol:

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2011, 12:10:52 am »
I was about to ask you not to make me laugh, but it is way too late for that now :lol:

Well if that's what makes you laugh, you've shown us all insight into the great ptx's sense of humour, oh please almighty ptx who's sense of humor we all give a shit about, just disappear, it's non contextual.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2011, 12:12:23 am »
Guys this is not a place to have your own little war of words.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2011, 12:13:39 am »
Guys this is not a place to have your own little war of words.

As is why I told him he's not posting within context of the thread, I still get -1'ed for being right.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2011, 12:14:27 am »
+1
As is why I told him he's not posting within context of the thread, I still get -1'ed for being right.
Actually I minused you for getting off topic/flaming :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login