17 (12.6%)
Buff cut damage armor penetration slightly
42 (31.1%)
Buff weapon stats and armor penetration slightly
9 (6.7%)
Buff weapon stats and/or armor penetration greatly
8 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Author Topic: Cut Damage Tweak?  (Read 7333 times)

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
Re: Cut Damage Tweak?
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2011, 07:39:55 pm »
I don't think this is a problem with cut damage as much as it is a problem with high tier armour especially when it is heirloomed, as a 15/21 cavalry player even my Masterwork Heavy Lance (30 pierce) takes 3-5 hits to kill someone in plate armour when I am going at a decent speed.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2011, 08:00:00 pm »
The problem is too many people still wear heavy armor.

Look on the servers. Right now, there are 4 guys, all riding Cataphracts, wearing full plate, with a shield, using a Xbow along with their swords.

Srsly Devs, you cant pump millions of gold into the game, and then expect upkeep to keep it balanced.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2011, 08:05:48 pm »
The problem is too many people still wear heavy armor.

Look on the servers. Right now, there are 4 guys, all riding Cataphracts, wearing full plate, with a shield, using a Xbow along with their swords.

Srsly Devs, you cant pump millions of gold into the game, and then expect upkeep to keep it balanced.

Which is why upkeep should be increased on high tier items. But that's a whole different thing...

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2011, 08:10:30 pm »
Which is why upkeep should be increased on high tier items. But that's a whole different thing...

WRONG! There is no way that the only people who can use those items are those who were able to stack 25 retires and heirlooms when it was easy to do in 3 days, and then sell half of them for 3-4 million gold to use for the next 3 years. C-RPG needed a Gold WIPE before they implemented the new market system, along with the heirloom takeaways that were done.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2011, 08:34:02 pm »
WRONG! There is no way that the only people who can use those items are those who were able to stack 25 retires and heirlooms when it was easy to do in 3 days, and then sell half of them for 3-4 million gold to use for the next 3 years. C-RPG needed a Gold WIPE before they implemented the new market system, along with the heirloom takeaways that were done.

1. A gold wipe/item wipe would have just pissed off a lot of people and a lot of people would have quit.
2. People who have invested a lot of time into something SHOULD get rewarded. The "C" in CRPG doesn't stand for Communist.
3. If someone REALLY has a gold problem it's easily solved by retiring once and selling that heirloom point for 400k or so.
4. If you're using medium gear on a character you can make TONS of gold very quickly. I've made 50k on one of my alts in the past couple weeks.

Some people have a ton of gold in this game. Nothing you can do about that. However, if it were REALLY punishing to use the high end stuff they would either use it a lot less or it would eat up their money considerably. Also, someone riding around on a plated charger with a steel shield and plate doesn't make the game less fun for me. On the contrary, it makes it more fun when I stop their horse and then kill them off the top of it.  :twisted:

Back to topic though: cut damage is fine.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2011, 11:07:05 pm »
You do realize that i'm still in clan and that i spend significantly more time in TS than you, right? =P

Yup, and they still like me way better.  8-)
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2011, 01:55:05 am »
Yup, and they still like me way better.  8-)

Such is the curse of my life  :cry:

Damn artists, stealing hearts and minds.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2011, 05:47:14 am »
+1
It's interesting how this is almost a dead heat.  Overall slightly more want a change than don't, but the 'fine as is' category is leading as a stand alone.

I want to reiterate that I personally don't think anything drastic is needed - cut should be the worst of the three vs armor, but maybe ultimately reducing the amount of swings needed to kill a tank by 1 or 2 at those high tier numbers would be nice.  That still means 5-7 swings in some cases  :wink:

Also sorry I didn't test this out yet - I really should try to help the case with numbers (unless anyone wants to add their own!)
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2011, 08:23:57 am »
+1
It's interesting how this is almost a dead heat.  Overall slightly more want a change than don't, but the 'fine as is' category is leading as a stand alone.

I want to reiterate that I personally don't think anything drastic is needed - cut should be the worst of the three vs armor, but maybe ultimately reducing the amount of swings needed to kill a tank by 1 or 2 at those high tier numbers would be nice.  That still means 5-7 swings in some cases  :wink:

Also sorry I didn't test this out yet - I really should try to help the case with numbers (unless anyone wants to add their own!)

I use cut 75% of the time and dont think it needs any reduction, dont expect to easily kill heavily armored opponents with cut weapons.  And if cut receives any increase in armor penetration, so should blunt & pierce by the same amount.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2011, 03:58:38 pm »
I think armor should protect people.

However a problem arises when those people are able to wear heavy armor all the time. Then shit gets fucked up. Then people begin to complain about being unable to hurt their enemies with cut weapons, because their enemies use cut-resistant armor all the fucking time.

Nerf heavy armor so it doesn't protect people as much? Then there's no point in fucking owning it--it is not 'heavy' armor, it is not special, it merely is.

Make it more expensive, just like what has been done to cavalry? Pffffffffffft pffffffff pfffft. Like that'll happen.

Buff cut damage? No, for lightly armored people will suffer just as much as heavily armored people.

Tweak armor? What is 'tweak'? Does tweak mean lower its effectiveness? If so, see my question marked phrase whereby I already know the answer but ask anyway to prove a point and take up space.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2011, 03:37:13 pm »
Maybe buff precision shots/slashes for cut?

Is it possible to increase armor penetration for only slashes to the head?

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2011, 06:14:14 pm »
It would be cool if cut damage multiplied for hitting twice in the same spot. Pierce goes though armor, but cut just cuts into it, not deep enough? Well hitting twice in the same spot could be like cutting through the armor, and then cutting into the person and actually doing some decent damage. It would add a bit more strategy to using cut weapons, entirely different from pierce or blunt.

And let's be honest. Anything but arrows pretty much one hits people wearing light armor anyway when you get to the 30-31 range. 2 hits if they have some IF. It's not like any solution we come up with will actually screw over us light armor wearers.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:15:49 pm by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline YourLord

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hail to the King Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2011, 09:29:24 am »
This shit needs to stop, I want my warband experience back. This is just stupid, I can survive like 4-5 blows in my Lamellar. The enemies do the same, I dont like this one bit! Major rant post!
Its time to kick ass and eat granola...

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 02:44:07 pm »
i dont think gold should b wiped but quite frankly my assumption is all these veterens just have stacks of gold there sitting on and also to be blunt seeing how people are spending bare minimum 450k per loom AND $$$$ on armor,cav,bows,arbs,fancy weps,etc would there b a possibility that eventually it would even out and be as flat broke as average joe?i hear so many people selling their looms THATS ALL THOSE TINCANS N PL8ed CHARGERS!!!!!!i just dont see how it will last long badplayer tells me all the time how his build cant break even at x5 so he sells his looms

BUT BACK TO CUT!!!!!it should not be changed i just think there should be more sweet spots not just the head.like you get a bonus for hits to there nee and elbows seeing how in the middle ages the main thing they did was target the sockets of the armor not trying to cut the chest pl8 in half

(p.s i mainly do overhead n stab attacks to pl8 with my glaive to counter the cut nerf)
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2011, 09:10:31 pm »
i'm fine with cut being ineffective against guys in heavy armor, but the last cut nerf was excessive i think. ideally for me greatswords would oneshot cloth, twoshot light leather,etc up to 5-6 swings for a guy in plate
FREE ALLERS