Author Topic: Whatever happened to Risen, Bashabazouk, Union, and Legio Italica v. Shogunate,  (Read 10071 times)

Offline Shogunate_Subotai_III

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • ☾☆
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Subotai
Yeah Good Luck to all!

Important that we get some really good fights.

Also i say this to my fellow Turkish Retards (Translation of the BashiBouzouks):

No Jihad from you Infidels without Abdest! a Real Muslim doesnt make War in holy Ramadan!

Er Meydaninda Görüsürüz Beyler! ;-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
Till the last weeboo!

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
We realised the obvious fact that our enemies greatly outnumber us long time ago and we had numerous opportunities to move away and save our armies and resources. However, we've decided to stay, you won't get an inch of our lands without a fight. Let there be blood and let's have some fun.

Regards,

Basileos Ujin.

I respect this.

Although it doesn't make much of a difference considering you did try and form a coalition to take us out, and you still failed.  :rolleyes:

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The problem I have with this position is that it completely dismisses the work and effort the players put in to beta testing the game and discovering problems. Yes chadz is creating the game for free, but we are also beta testing the game for free too. Ideally an attitude of mutual respect would be afforded to each, however that has not been the case. Us, the beta testers, are often treated with at best a dismissive, and often contemptuous, attitude by the developers and in response the testers are rude back.

Take the spawn flag issue for example. When the bug was first reported the response by the development team was to mock those who reported it and call them disorganized noobs. Of course once the problem was proven to be wide-spread the playerbase immediately began to shove it in the developers face as much as possible.

So basically an adversarial relationship has been formed between the development staff and a large portion of the players, which is unfortunate because both need each other.

That being said, the devs response to issues with the latest patch have been much more prompt and professional than before and I think if that kind of support continues we might see some repair in player/dev relations.

First of all, thank you for your sincere answer, actually, you raise a good point, respect must be mutual, and it's true that devs team are the best troll of this community. I think it's an old tradition, when there was still little player, but this players was insiders (no need for devs to explain how the system and the mod work), now we have many many players and many many noobs, who understand a shit of this mod, but devs didn't understand that the community have changed and continue to troll...
Beside that, this new players are for some of them over-reactive when you touch to their precious uber-weapons or uber tactic to pwn noobs. Thus leading to many bullshit post each time a patch is released, and voice of reasonable ppl is stifled due to the noise.
Tbh, if i were a dev, i will rage quit or i would like to punish this stupid kids who spitt on my work.

Just a small nuance, when we test we are not working, we play for fun, you could say devs are coding for fun, which could be true but when we play, we play for ourself, when devs code it's for us and our fun (look at stronghold mod :D).

On topic : looking forward for this war in the south, the desert is dry and need blood...

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
when devs code it's for us and our fun (look at stronghold mod :D).

Actually, the devs code for themselves as well. It's always clear how people can lose sight of that fact when you have some asshat complaining about devs spending their modding time on something they're interested in, rather than focusing all their attention on the pet issues that particular player has been whining about. The devs listen to the community, take feedback, etc. because they want to improve the mod, but ultimately I think all of them are making cRPG because they want to play it.
Don't.

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
Yea sure you want to improve it and all, but SPQR's point still stands, well at least parts of it do.

I'm glad that I see more changelogs these days and all that, devs are really coming towards players so it's easier for players to do Q&A for them. Though the flag&timer thing was a fiasco, it is plugged now somehow and strategus works(Though whole flag thing is still stupid, imo) and that's all that matters.

e: It takes some character to filter out all that shit and focus on real issues, though.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:38:46 pm by LLJK_Korea1 »
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
really  epic battle guys good job :D
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Shogunate_Subotai_III

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • ☾☆
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Subotai
really  epic battle guys good job :D

agree with that!

awesome battle, both sides 0-0 tickets in the end.

from my archer view big respect to your xbow men....they were really annoying and i think we can say that xbow men are the new counter on archers in strategus.

Ps: who will give you such fight if we got wiped out of the map.....really think about it :-P

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
Fucking amazing battle...

Really thank you Byz for an awesome battle you put up one help of a fight!

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Yeah Good Luck to all!

Important that we get some really good fights.

Also i say this to my fellow Turkish Retards (Translation of the BashiBouzouks):

No Jihad from you Infidels without Abdest! a Real Muslim doesnt make War in holy Ramadan!

Er Meydaninda Görüsürüz Beyler! ;-)
Real muslim takes all opportunities to kill infidels .
Afterall im sure you had fun also.
These battles were really good .
Mashallah Allah will prevail again.

Offline mustg

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Mustafa
risen & byzantium battle was fucking epic i ve really felt the adrenaline at 0 ticket when i was sneaking back.... it was awesome thanks guys

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
that battle was soooooo goddamn close. !