Author Topic: cRPG became BounceVille.  (Read 8845 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 806
  • Infamy: 2042
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG became BounceVille.
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2011, 01:00:03 am »
True, that Risen guy is a beast with GLA. And Tor is already well known.

Also mte, you're just crutching on loomed plate :P

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2011, 01:04:20 am »
I appreciate all yer lovin' but...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2011, 07:44:09 am »
He is great at mixing up attacks/blocking but at footwork he is just plain suckage, I could outmaneuver and kill him with 4ath/heavy armor+poleaxe, but when I tried to fight in close he is simply too damn fast for me(could stand a chance with 18agi but 12agi just doesnt do it with heavy armor). Imo tor and that risen_gre_dontremembername(when he used a glaive) are much better with polearms.

well tor is the GLA true master. you mean Greifernz.. Greifonz... Greiefenrnz... Grefeirenz? yeah he use the glaive really effectively. but dezilagel is relatively new to cRPG (i don't remember in back in 2010 when i left).

also feint and stab with polearms is much harder due to animations. and while 2h does maximum damage from facehug to full reach, poleaxes full damage blows need perfect positioning.

one of the best all-around polearm infantry (maybe the best) is still blueberrymuffin.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2011, 08:13:39 am »
well tor is the GLA true master. you mean Greifernz.. Greifonz... Greiefenrnz... Grefeirenz? yeah he use the glaive really effectively. but dezilagel is relatively new to cRPG (i don't remember in back in 2010 when i left).

also feint and stab with polearms is much harder due to animations. and while 2h does maximum damage from facehug to full reach, poleaxes full damage blows need perfect positioning.

one of the best all-around polearm infantry (maybe the best) is still blueberrymuffin.
Risen_Greifenherz you mean? The hiltslash abuser :lol:

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2011, 09:46:42 am »
I fear archers, throwers and xbows they all seem to kill me in less hits than anything else.

Said the man who was alive after two shots from MW Arbalest and MW Steel bolts, one of the shots from point-blank range.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2011, 11:00:27 am »
+1
Said the man who was alive after two shots from MW Arbalest and MW Steel bolts, one of the shots from point-blank range.

Implying it takes less than three hits from a sword to kill Siiem the armorcrutcher
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2011, 04:21:53 pm »
Meh, Ive always said its the way you use a weapon that counts more than anything. Ive got a balanced build with my LHB which I overall favour. I VERY RARELY bounce and every time I do I know its my own fault. Sorry guys but 99% of bounces are if you only hit people at the very end of your animation, you're in too close with a stab, or just plain bad positioning. If you have trouble with bouncing, I suggest you change your playstyle one way or another, see if it helps. Ive experimented with a 15 21 build for a 2h and I know phyrex has a 15 24 build. I even went at far as a 12 27 build if any of you guys remember me in my blue tunic over mail , and blue sipahi helm. Agi just requires a different style of play, and i know I really suck without at leat 5 athletics and 140 wpf ideally.

@Dezigael is a properly good poleaxer for a newish player. Just lacking in footwork a little an all those little secret tricks, that all us old timers have to get advantages over enemies. If he were in Mercs, there would be alot I could teach him.

Oh and Corrado you are too kind, Im not that great. And most times I play these days Im just to tired to do more than spamming.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2011, 07:00:04 pm »
Buff agi, nerf str.  :lol:

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2011, 02:42:38 pm »

Probably when I ran around with my 27 str build xD