Author Topic: Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?  (Read 15491 times)

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2011, 08:26:09 pm »
+1
Crushthrough is one of the worst mechanics in c-rpg. It should be removed, says me.

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2011, 10:55:12 pm »
+1
Crushthrough is one of the worst mechanics in c-rpg. It should be removed, says me.

I completely agree.  I think bonus vs shields is enough.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2011, 11:02:43 pm »
+1
Btw I played with the OP yesterday he's a throwing polearm spammer go figure lol(basically most OP build atm)
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2011, 11:11:34 pm »
+1
Btw I played with the OP yesterday he's a throwing polearm spammer go figure lol(basically most OP build atm)

Thank you for your non sequitur.

Your wisdom enlightened us here and now we can go on knowing that we are Saved and all is Well with the world.

(Little does he know.. that I have no throwing wpf at all, although I do have power throw, and that I just retired my character and decided to try throwing. I am actually a polearm user, and by far most of my kills come from polearms. Of course, I've tried pretty much everything in this game, from horse archers to crossbows. Also, if we use kill:death ratio as a criteria for the most OP builds, throwing is at the bottom with a crossbow (it only needs a slight reduction of damage). People with most kills are: cavalry, 2H, archers and such.
Oh yea, when he sees throw he cries "throwing spammer!!!!11111!!!".. never mind that person only has 2 slots of throwing weapons. And what is one supposed to do with it? Hit once, wait 1 minute for next hit? Do archers do that? Do 1H wait 30sec between hits? I think not.)

DrKronic, get the hell out of my threads. Troll somewhere else.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 11:12:50 pm by Tai Feng »
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Lestos

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DHaran Legion
  • Game nicks: DL_Lestos, DL_Salfallen, The_Last_Dharan
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2011, 11:24:46 pm »
+1
erm just throwin this in here imma mid level char level 26, i have 5 ps 16 agi and 17 str. now yes i know my attributes arent very high. i decided to use a barmace for its short blunt damage and i just decided to after this recent patch.
now i understand that the higher level guys and higher generation guys can easily crush through i also know bar mace when u have 7ps can crush through fair enough.but before they get to that point they have to work them selves up to it not saying shielders dont either... here ill get to my main point if u want to nerf this then u need to find a way for it to be softer on lower levels and harder on high levels cause at my current str and ps i have never once block crushed i had my friend yesterday with a brand new char manual block all my attacks with out a single stun or block crush, now maybe im just unlucky as hell but if u want to nerf somthing think about that build from level 1 up to level 31 and think about how effective it is going up the levels, most builds that ive seen peoiple cry about in the past have been as some one stated earlier cause it was used by skillful players who were high levels and cause they are beastly with them every one wined about them, now im not saying things dont need to be changed or nerfd but its needs to be soft nerfs instead of just full on nerf the whole line all the way down to the peasent.
now thats just my opnion u can pay attention to it or ignore it i really dont care. have a good day
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 11:26:23 pm by Lestos »

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2011, 11:27:00 pm »
+1
I know u have 0 wpf throwing u only need powerstrike to kill (you should have horrible accuracy in that build but u don't, I know because I ran it for three generations )

I've done that build and it needs a nerf more than bar mace honestly

The fact u tried to act intelligent proves your just another weapon lobbyist, I mean use the great ranged great long bardiche plus seven skill points to have an awesome pierce attack that requires no wpf

And if your so "invested" in this thread to nerf other classes but see the novel u wrote when I exposed your build

Classic douchebag tai

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 11:38:24 pm by DrKronic »

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2011, 12:37:58 am »
+1
've done that build and it needs a nerf more than bar mace honestly

This isn't about bar mace. It's about broken mechanic. Throwing, you can increase or decrease damage, increase or decrease stacks, etc etc - but crush through is *broken mechanic*. It's somewhat OK with really slow weapons (and even then..) but definitely not ok with fast and medium speed weapons.

And if your so "invested" in this thread to nerf other classes but see the novel u wrote when I exposed your build

:)  You're seriously deranged. Everyone knows what I play, I even mention it on the forum. What are you, one of those lunatics who "exposed" american government and claim america bombed themselves on 911? Yea, you sound like that.

I play what I want to play - that's that. Just because I play something doesn't mean it's entirely balanced. If you werent such an idiot, you would know that I mostly played as a peasant with a fork, which does not mean it's "balanced" by any means, and it's certainly not overpowered.

Classic douchebag tai

Serves me right for entering debates with kids who grew up on the street.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:00:29 am by Tai Feng »
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2011, 01:00:25 am »
+1
Your feeble mental abilities can't grasp that this isn't about bar mace. It's about broken mechanic. Throwing, you can increase or decrease damage, increase or decrease stacks, etc etc - but crush through is *broken mechanic*. It's somewhat OK with really slow weapons (and even then..) but definitely not ok with fast and medium speed weapons.

It is broken mechanic.

:)  You're seriously deranged. Everyone knows what I play, I even mention it on the forum. What are you, one of those lunatics who "exposed" american government and claim america bombed themselves on 911? Yea, you sound like that.
(click to show/hide)

Cui bono. Even if gov didn't bombed themselves, they gained much power thanks to it. So it's irrelevant who bombed it.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:24 am »
+1
Even if gov didn't bombed themselves, they gained much power thanks to it. So it's irrelevant who bombed it.

That's like saying it's irrelevant if you end up in a hospital because you fell off the balcony, or if someone beat you. No, it's not irrelevant.

You're also implying that there's something wrong with government having power. I'd say there's something wrong with people having power to elect. It's urban myth today that people are all great but governments are horrible. Well, that's not the case. Politicians are usually above average specimen of society.

(we're going offtopic..)

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2011, 01:05:33 am »
+1
I know u have 0 wpf throwing u only need powerstrike to kill (you should have horrible accuracy in that build but u don't, I know because I ran it for three generations )

I've done that build and it needs a nerf more than bar mace honestly

The fact u tried to act intelligent proves your just another weapon lobbyist, I mean use the great ranged great long bardiche plus seven skill points to have an awesome pierce attack that requires no wpf

Classic douchebag tai

Your getting off topic here, if you don't got anything useful so say on the mechanics of the block crush then please just stop trolling. Smoke some chronic, chill out, and forget about tai and his build. Btw if he was one of these so called "lobbyists" he would be calling for a buff for his class or a nerf to almost every other class, this is the only thread I see where hes actively calling on something to be nerfed.

Lestos 5 ps won't get you a block crush especially if said peasant was using a heavy weapon. idk how long you have been playing but 5 ps is rather low, sounds like your expectations are too high. In addition it's really the extra weight that the bar mace gets with its heavy loom that makes it so rage-tastic. I'm assuming you know the actual mechanics of how to block crush before you said all this if not then perhaps you can take something away from this thread on how to kill people while using no skill.
On it.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2011, 01:11:12 am »
+1
I love these ironic comments. I would like to ridicule others and spam the forum

Which part of that did you not fucking understand? I am  troll intellectual

there fixed it for you

I use board shield and have 5 shield skill and never get crush through?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:13:00 am by DrKronic »

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2011, 01:17:02 am »
+1
This isn't about bar mace. It's about broken mechanic. Throwing, you can increase or decrease damage, increase or decrease stacks, etc etc - but crush through is *broken mechanic*. It's somewhat OK with really slow weapons (and even then..) but definitely not ok with fast and medium speed weapons.

I play what I want to play - that's that. Just because I play something doesn't mean it's entirely balanced. If you werent such an idiot, you would know that I mostly played as a peasant with a fork, which does not mean it's "balanced" by any means, and it's certainly not overpowered.

Serves me right for entering debates with kids who grew up on the street.

wow how is arguing with you make me anti-government, actually if you've ever seen me chat I am pro-government, you're rage is grand as your "genius" my friend

do we really have to use big words, like how about ad hominem attacks, tell me what that is(its a personal attack, and this d-bag is using it all over the place, good work on editing the f word out of your last post)

I disagree with crushthrough being amazingly overpower, I am playing spear and shield on my main and spear no shield on my alt and 1h on my other and if you get in and strike quick, watch out for the overhead, most dumbies are holding the overhead coming at you, I poke them in the face with my war spear or side sword?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:18:46 am by DrKronic »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2011, 01:17:17 am »
+1
there fixed it for you

I use board shield and have 5 shield skill and never get crush through?

Considering I could crushthrough pretty much everything with 18 str and great maul, I find that unlikely!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2011, 01:17:50 am »
+1
That's like saying it's irrelevant if you end up in a hospital because you fell off the balcony, or if someone beat you. No, it's not irrelevant.

You're also implying that there's something wrong with government having power. I'd say there's something wrong with people having power to elect. It's urban myth today that people are all great but governments are horrible. Well, that's not the case. Politicians are usually above average specimen of society.

(we're going offtopic..)
No, for practical reasons its irrelevant. Government gained power over people in us, signed patriot act and is on a good way to disarm people.

It could be good or bad, democracy is always stupid. Politicians, please ? In which field ? Current ones are very much alike average tards, um, hummies.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2011, 01:19:41 am »
+1
Considering I could crushthrough pretty much everything with 18 str and great maul, I find that unlikely!

we're talking about the bar mace xant, lolmauls crush all if they hit(9 weight, 45 damage compared to bar mace weight and damage way lower)

also there is a sweet spot when you position yourself attacking someone with a bar mace, if you move outside of that zone you won't get a crushthrough, and I swear if I go in with a stab, facehug and dance I can win those matchups
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:20:42 am by DrKronic »