Author Topic: Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?  (Read 15492 times)

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
Re: Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2011, 09:17:40 pm »
+1
Dodge his first overhead, step in with quick feints combined with spam and most barmace users will fall like wheat to a scythe. If you're up against a good player and your weapon can be crushed through, then it's time to start running for your teammates.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2011, 09:25:49 pm »
+1
Dodge his first overhead, step in with quick feints combined with spam and most barmace users will fall like wheat to a scythe. If you're up against a good player and your weapon can be crushed through, then it's time to start running for your teammates.

This is where most plans already fail.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:28 pm »
+1
This is where most plans already fail.

Works fine for me, if it doesn't for you, switch to a heavier weapon/shield so they can't blockcrush you.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2011, 09:38:04 pm »
+2
The issues I have with crush through are:

1)  It punishes manual blockers as well.  It in effect removes your RMB from the game.  If you don't see how removing someone's RMB is stupid then I dunno what to say.

2)  It crushes through chamber blocks.  If I chamber your overhead, I worked harder than you did and deserve my parry + hit.  Not to just get crushed anyways.  It's dumb.

3)  It doesn't take my shield skill into account.  I have 7 shield skill.  Not 2, not 3 like guys that just put enough in there to pick one up as they advance with their 2her, but a significant investment into the skill.  Coming up against a crush through user is like someone saying "Yeah, those 3 extra stat points you could have had, they were wasted."

Of your three points, the one I agree most strongly with is #2. Crushthrough itself is already a fairly controversial mechanic, but crushing through chambers is quite absurd. Really, what can you do against a -good- crushthrough user?

See Allers for example (not bashing Allers, just using him as an illustrative example of a good crushthrough user): He'll charge his overhead and come at you. You'll reflexively try a preemptive strike, most likely a thrust, which he'll manual down block and then crush you anyway, through your block, through your chamber, chasing your side-step dodge. And since he has upwards of 36 strength, it's a one-hit kill 99% of the time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:39:07 pm by Rhaelys »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2011, 09:43:29 pm »
+1
See Allers for example (not bashing Allers, just using him as an illustrative example of a good crushthrough user): He'll charge his overhead and come at you. You'll reflexively try a preemptive strike, most likely a thrust, which he'll manual down block and then crush you anyway, through your block, through your chamber, chasing your side-step dodge. And since he has upwards of 36 strength, it's a one-hit kill 99% of the time.

Spam him, with 36 str there's no way you can't spam him down when he goes for the overhead. Unless he's using a barmace, then you're basically screwed if you don't have a big weapon that he can't block crush through. Although with 36 str I wonder if even that will be enough.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2011, 10:04:39 pm »
+1
The thing is, crush trough weapons require really high Strength(powerstrike) to even have a good chance of crushing. Full strength users are really slow. Plus these weapons have very low range.

So what do you do? Outmanouvre him, use your weapon's range, only block when hes not doing an overhead strike.
If hes using a maul, just outspam him.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2011, 10:09:48 pm »
+1
The thing is, crush trough weapons require really high Strength(powerstrike) to even have a good chance of crushing. Full strength users are really slow. Plus these weapons have very low range.

So what do you do? Outmanouvre him, use your weapon's range, only block when hes not doing an overhead strike.
If hes using a maul, just outspam him.

So what if your a 1hander...your screwed? he uses a bar mace if i remember correctly. Sidestepping him doesn't work most of the time he wil hit you anyways (as will any one whos not terrible.)

We can't out spam him, we cant out range him sooo yeah were screwed. Unless you got anymore wisdom to share?
On it.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2011, 10:15:46 pm »
+2
Spam him, with 36 str there's no way you can't spam him down when he goes for the overhead. Unless he's using a barmace, then you're basically screwed if you don't have a big weapon that he can't block crush through. Although with 36 str I wonder if even that will be enough.

You underestimate just how overpowering Allers is. Go ahead and fight him in the TFO server.

Oh, and yes, he uses a barmace.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:17:14 pm by Rhaelys »

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2011, 10:26:51 pm »
+1
I find that crushthrough vs 2h and polearm parries is fair game as it makes sense. I would like to see sword and boards gain some kind of resistance to it through increased points in shield. Heavier shields would also accomplish the same thing. It is my understanding that weight vs weight has a lot to do with it. So maybe increase shield weights to like 8 for huscarls making it a solid block against blunt

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2011, 10:34:21 pm »
+2
I find that crushthrough vs 2h and polearm parries is fair game as it makes sense. I would like to see sword and boards gain some kind of resistance to it through increased points in shield. Heavier shields would also accomplish the same thing. It is my understanding that weight vs weight has a lot to do with it. So maybe increase shield weights to like 8 for huscarls making it a solid block against blunt

Yes, but chambers? Also, Huscarl weighs 9.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2011, 10:54:50 pm »
+1
With my 33str 6agi guy using the mallet almost all 2 hander can outspam me so the only way for me to hit them is to chamber block.
So basically i can only block until a team mate help me, shall we reduce every 2 hand speed ?
No it's the rock paper scissor game.
So if you're shielder just don't fight against crusher, although some 1hander can outspam me .

What i fell from most post here is:
Rock is overpowered
paper is fine though
regards scissors*

Now with the bar mace you also got range and speed so you won't be outspamed by two hander
Seems like the problem is the bar mace not crushtrough.

*inspired from another post

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2011, 01:55:21 am »
+1
Oh yeah absolutely never should crushthrough break chambers... thats the end all of mechanic trumping skill which just sucks

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2011, 02:04:12 am »
+2
Oh yeah absolutely never should crushthrough break chambers... thats the end all of mechanic trumping skill which just sucks

This.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2011, 07:28:18 pm »
+1

Thing is about adding weight is it would make us even slower and I doubly don't want that.

To the maul guy well yeah your using a short, slow weapon with an sky high chance of crushing through of course your going to get spammed to death since its like the only way to kill you.

To brutal -  If i wanted to play rock, paper, scissors i would go find the nearest five year old and challenge him. I want to play warband. Instant I win buttons are not encouraged.

PS. I love you hammer guys I usually kill you before you get a chance to crush through on me, it is the bar mace whats op not crush through. With the heavy loom its long, fast, and wallace can crush through at least 90% of the time on me  :( I use the heavy round shield as well.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:31:21 pm by Fallen_CrassiusV2 »
On it.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2011, 07:55:20 pm »
+1
i hate the great maul as well. you guys keep saying "oh just spam them to death" well its not easy to just spam the great maul guy to death when he has 2 friends with him. you run in dodge his overhead, start to swing at him, get poked in the side and then he crushes you into paste through your 8 shield skill huscarl. oh and he probably only has 6-7 powerstrike for 100% crushthrough rate. barmace is same problem yeah. its only those 2 that really bother me. the long maul is clumsy and usually ends up hitting his own teamates if they stick close to him so its not as bad, and the mallet i can usually block (though i dont know how much PS the mallet guys ive blocked had). also the "just avoid him" option doesnt work when hes guarding a choke point on siege.