Author Topic: Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?  (Read 16335 times)

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
Re: Why is everything getting balanced except Crush Through?
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 09:32:19 pm »
+1
I believe people wont like being hit by iron staff either, would they, i mean, cmon, it can knock u down also! It might not have crushtrough, but when you want to remove it or nerf it, i foresee the next on the list being the knockback :)

The ol' slippery slope argument eh? you a republican? anyways I wasn't talking about the knock down alone - all blunt weapons have it.  you know damn well I was referring to getting knock down after a crush through. You can't touch any other part of my post so you nit pick. Bring some legitimate arguments or go troll in another forum there's too many idiot trolls in this one already.

On the risk of getting off topic - if you mean by "knock back" the staggering effect you get when hit by a polearm hard enough, then yes I believe it should be removed - or included for every weapon type. Doesn't make sense fore polearms alone to have this nice bonus since I'd imagine you'd stagger just as much when hit by a lolsword than if you got hit by a poleaxe.

But that needs a different topic imo.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:42:32 pm by Fallen_CrassiusV2 »
On it.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 09:33:10 pm »
+1
The issues I have with crush through are:

1)  It punishes manual blockers as well.  It in effect removes your RMB from the game.  If you don't see how removing someone's RMB is stupid then I dunno what to say.

2)  It crushes through chamber blocks.  If I chamber your overhead, I worked harder than you did and deserve my parry + hit.  Not to just get crushed anyways.  It's dumb.

3)  It doesn't take my shield skill into account.  I have 7 shield skill.  Not 2, not 3 like guys that just put enough in there to pick one up as they advance with their 2her, but a significant investment into the skill.  Coming up against a crush through user is like someone saying "Yeah, those 3 extra stat points you could have had, they were wasted."
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 09:55:30 pm »
+1
I would like to see the lolhammer users' overhead cause a knockdown on themselves when it misses  :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:58:18 pm by Vance »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 11:06:03 pm »
+1

3)  It doesn't take my shield skill into account.  I have 7 shield skill.  Not 2, not 3 like guys that just put enough in there to pick one up as they advance with their 2her, but a significant investment into the skill.  Coming up against a crush through user is like someone saying "Yeah, those 3 extra stat points you could have had, they were wasted."

i feel that. 8 skill points into shield! i coulda traded for 3 more agil and had 9 ath and 9 wm! pumping that much into shield... it should be pretty useful!

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 11:24:05 pm »
+1
At str15 you can get blockcrushes but rarely. Don't know how much you need to do it often. Doing it all of the time isn't even possible with hammer my high str char could block them sometimes. Thing is, if you are going against an equal level char with blockcrush and he can't spam you he's dead. Doesn't help him if a 21 str char could have blocked.
And the barmace pretty much behaves like a normal sword with slightly lower speed and length and no stab - of course it also gets very high blunt damage heavy stun and knockdown on top of it. So every time you blockcrush, that's simply an addition, that seems to come at no price actually.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 02:00:17 am »
+1
Tai Feng is such a troll, i finished university before he finished elementary school, i'm pretty sure of that.

In one sentence you managed to write two logical fallacies: argumentum ad hominem, and appeal to age (just because you're older doesn't give you absolutely any credibility in a discussion unless that discussion is closely related to your age group).

Nice university degree.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2011, 02:30:55 am »
+1
Nice try, but you started it i was just trolling you back. Or will you selectively ignore your provocation and try to say that i just said that to prove something ? Nice elementary school you did.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2011, 02:33:02 am »
+1
Nice try, but you started it i was just trolling you back. Or will you selectively ignore your provocation and try to say that i just said that to prove something ? Nice elementary school you did.

See, what you just did is trolling. Mirror mirror on the wall.

Others are typing some arguments, empiric data and such. You keep going on with "TROLL!!!!!! TROLL!!!!22121111111!!!!!!"

Sorry, I am not interested in hysteria and debating with emotions.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2011, 04:08:56 am »
+1
Sounds like some one took one too many philosophy classes, hows it feel to waste all that money on something so useless? x.x (I kid..kind of)
On it.

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2011, 04:12:51 am »
+1
Philosophy? That's in critical thinking courses now. Hell, I learned it in high school.

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2011, 04:13:42 am »
+1
If it's not one thing, it's another...  :rolleyes:

Let's just get this out of the way, I'm a Bar Mace user. Have been since well before the current patch/state of things.

What would you suggest a 2H do against someone that's turtled up? We can use an axe to break the shield, or go with a heavy blunt to crush through. Crush through is quicker and more efficient. If it weren't crush through, the complaint would be Axes and their shield breaking. If not that, it would be 2H spam in an attempt to break the shield.

I could get behind a slight decrease in the % chance to crush through. At the same time, with 7 PS, it's hard for me to crush someone with high shield skill. That's the trade off. Any schmuck that puts 0-2 points in shield and picks up an arena shield should get crushed. If you've got 5+ and a steel shield, you should be a lot safer.
Really? you think it is unfair to have to take a few hits to break theough a shield and need a "quicker" route. Ok, then 1 handers should instantly kill any 2 hander they hit. Because it is "quicker" than hitting them 4 or 5 times. Do you really think that the whole game revolves around you? Why do you need to be able to kill everyone quickly? Can't earn your kills?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2011, 05:15:56 am »
+1
Ok, then 1 handers should instantly kill any 2 hander they hit. Because it is "quicker" than hitting them 4 or 5 times.

Agreed, implement nao please.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 01:51:08 pm »
+1
Quote from: Topsnus on Today at 02:13:42 am

Ok, then 1 handers should instantly kill any 2 hander they hit. Because it is "quicker" than hitting them 4 or 5 times.

Agreed, implement nao please.

well, to be honest if i am too kill hungry and i go after turtle, one smack with his weapon in my face and i am dead, even tho i wear quite heavy helmet, what more would you want?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 06:35:33 pm »
+1
well, to be honest if i am too kill hungry and i go after turtle, one smack with his weapon in my face and i am dead, even tho i wear quite heavy helmet, what more would you want?

...  Not from full health you're not.  Unless maybe if he has a triple heirloomed warhammer, steel pick or side sword and then maybe.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2011, 09:01:26 pm »
+1
So a guy with huge power throw is spamming at me and of course I have to get close to him but lo and behold, when I get close to him he takes out Bar Mace and you can guess the rest.

I'm supposed to do what exactly? Run around waiting for master of the field?