Offline moralshadow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Racism
« on: August 10, 2011, 05:55:46 am »
 Today I went to the official cRPG North America server, scorned with racist jokes by players named Kkk_kkk, Black_Man_1 and KKK_Sandfriend. Do you condone this? Any grown man or woman would not condone this into a project he has worked hard for. For the sake of your game's integrity, crack down on this.

Thank you so much,

John Turner
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:57:52 am by moralshadow »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Racism
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 06:01:12 am »
Well since this is the SUGGESTIONS CORNER, i say this game could use some more racism.  People who get offended are as much to blame as offenders.  Words have no power when we refuse to give them power over us.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 06:07:40 am »
While philosophically I coincide with kesh, I will punish for racism & other overly offensive things as an admin of the NA official servers.
I can tell no admin was on when this happened, me included. I was swimming.
(Cprg north america is a community run server, I'm only admin of the numbered official ones.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:09:58 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 06:09:48 am »
Agreed with the original poster. I can't stand the people making "funny" jokes about cats. Seriously, guys. Longcat isn't funny, cats have feelings too. Stop the racism.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline moralshadow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 06:13:17 am »
I don't believe that to be so. I think that everyone is unprotected against mental insults, to varying degrees. Racism is a reflection of the mentality of the players, whether a joke or not. It's juvenile, some people are very hurt by it. You can't seriously tell me, someone popping a rape joke to a rape victim, is wrong to be upset? You response is common, it's also hypocritical, you're human like the rest.

Offline moralshadow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 06:17:43 am »
Agreed with the original poster. I can't stand the people making "funny" jokes about cats. Seriously, guys. Longcat isn't funny, cats have feelings too. Stop the racism.

Cats were revered in many cultures, while races have been a boiling pot throughout the decades. There are some serious feelings about racism to some. While everyone has freedom of opinion, in nowhere should someone be free to cause that kind of emotional pain. Others who believe it's harmless only cause it to get worse, they are the "it's not a big deal" sayers of society. Individually dull and uninformed on anything, besides smart arsed remarks that anybody could come up with. Feel special while you can, life is a beast to those who can't form their own decisions and try to get laughs based off a silly overly-stated meme.

Offline moralshadow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 06:24:51 am »
While philosophically I coincide with kesh, I will punish for racism & other overly offensive things as an admin of the NA official servers.
I can tell no admin was on when this happened, me included. I was swimming.
(Cprg north america is a community run server, I'm only admin of the numbered official ones.)
It was official, it was numbered but in NA

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 06:30:28 am »
While I can not speak for the Community Servers, I can for the NA Official ones (NA_cRPG_1, NA_cRPG_2, NA_cRPG_3, NA_cRPG_6), and here are the official server rules.

If a name is considered offensive then it will be banned permanently until changed (offensive as open to interpretation by the Game Administrators, the opinion of the user with the name in question does not really count. Badmin? You betcha.).

You will find that the unofficial servers have different mentalities and enforcing (both more lax and more extreme) then official servers.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:32:56 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 08:34:55 am »
Cats were revered in many cultures, while races have been a boiling pot throughout the decades. There are some serious feelings about racism to some. While everyone has freedom of opinion, in nowhere should someone be free to cause that kind of emotional pain. Others who believe it's harmless only cause it to get worse, they are the "it's not a big deal" sayers of society. Individually dull and uninformed on anything, besides smart arsed remarks that anybody could come up with. Feel special while you can, life is a beast to those who can't form their own decisions and try to get laughs based off a silly overly-stated meme.

I feel you man. I think that because "some" are mentally as soft as newborns we should be a carebear community. If you get hurt by racism, you've lived a too sheltered life. Go out more. Or do something wild online. Like take part in some conversations on 4chan. After that you can say you've truly been alive. Life's a laugh bro, why waste it being insulted?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 09:07:50 am »
I feel you man. I think that because "some" are mentally as soft as newborns we should be a carebear community. If you get hurt by racism, you've lived a too sheltered life. Go out more. Or do something wild online. Like take part in some conversations on 4chan. After that you can say you've truly been alive. Life's a laugh bro, why waste it being insulted?

Wait, are you saying that racism should not hurt, and should not be discouraged?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:08:54 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 09:52:30 am »
Sir, i do not only condone it, i encourage it.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 10:05:50 am »
Wait, are you saying that racism should not hurt, and should not be discouraged?

What wookie said. We must transform these sensitive children into real men.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 10:06:40 am »
+1
Regardless of what these knuckleheads think, it's neither condoned nor tolerated.

Troll warnings all around, and I'll look into these guys you mentioned.
Don't.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 10:07:15 am »
+2
What wookie said. We must transform these sensitive children into real men.

its the only way they will learn.

also okin mad.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 10:11:17 am »
+2
its the only way they will learn.

also okin mad.

Indeed so my dear friend, it's much like getting rid of phobias. Someone's afraid'a spiders? Make them swim in spiders, then eat spiders for lunch, then drink spiderblood for dinner. After they're done, they'll either be real Spartans or they'll be dead from shock. Win-win situation.

okin mad.

Today at 07:08:33   Spam/troll   +23
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:12:26 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.