Author Topic: [Phalanx] Join the Phalanx - Greek themed unit. (ALTS and Mains accepted )  (Read 5131 times)

Offline TheGriffin88

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phalanx
  • Game nicks: Phalanx_Griffin
  • IRC nick: Phalanx_Griffin
Phalanx

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Basic logo/banner idea:

Welcome all. Are you fed up of a traditional team structure? Leaders you don't get on with or an atmosphere that kills your buzz? Do you just want a group of friendly like minded people to play public and/or Strategus with? Like the Greek theme or never had a clan before but have the maturity and patience to learn?   If any of these appeal to you then chances our we might be right for you, but read on first.

Dammit I want answers Griffin, and I want them sooner rather than later

1. What is the plan? Basically we are going to form a fairly small unit for both public and strategus with the potential intention to be absorbed as an independent unit into a larger faction - more people to talk to, bigger strategus fights and general good times. Unless of course this strangely went big swiftly (doubted).

2. Leadership structure? This is where is gets slightly more interesting. I'm not particularly interested in playing the big man so I propose a kind of senate style whereby everyone who is a full member has equal leadership rights, most likely votes on courses of action so forth.  If this turns out to fail epically we will appoint certain members to do certain jobs sticking as close as possible to an everyone is equal policy.

3. Basic restrictions? -18+ (maturity level considered for under 18s of course).         -No one who intends to cause trouble with others.     -People who like to have a laugh is a must, but not to the point of trolling (relating to maturity).    -Microphone is a must.   
-Want to work together with a close knit team   -Don't mind people swearing over voice comms
-Willing to use unusual classes such as Hoplites, Peltists.

4. Gear restrictions?  Round shields obviously, spears of all kinds are encouraged including throwing, short swords, no knightly armour or ninja/samurai/plate etc.  Not really settled on a look yet but have a few ideas in mind others can be the judge of and suggest their own.

5. What is with this massively out of period theme?  Well we already have some Romans so I didn't want to make another legion. The ancient Greeks are an interesting people. The gear looks pretty good. It's fun to use classes typically considered underwhelming.

6. Are you RPing or can I? I won't be pretending I'm a Greek but each to their own, if you want to you can so long as others don't start to get annoyed.

7. You are aware that a Phalanx was traditionally a large unit? Yes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phalanx & Gear

The Basic Idea: A small unit of troops well equipped to act as a support unit for a main line of infantry or to go on separate tasks. Heavily shielded and with a combination of javelins/spears/short swords and the usual ranged suspects we will focus on staying together and well protected.

Example builds:
Thrower / 1H & Shield: 21 STR /15 ATH   |  7 PS / 5 ATH / 5 Shield / 5 WM/ 7 PT   |  110/110 wpf throwing/1 handed.
Balanced Thrower: 18 STR /18 ATH  |  6 PS / 5 ATH / 6 Shield / 6 WM / 6 PT  |  124/115 throwing/1h or 1h/throwing.
Hoplite: 21 STR /15 ATH  |   7 PS / 7 IF / 5 Shield / 5 WM / 5 ATH  |  WPF either balanced or unbalanced towards 1h / Polearm.
Greek Archer:  Completely your own choice, but we recommend fast archers that can stick with the group. Plain round shield and Cav shield [2 Shield skill] or the round shield [1 Shield skill] are all decent options that won't cost you many skill points.

Most builds are accepted as long as you can hold some sort of round shield, we are easy going just Greek it up a bit. The shield is fairly important though so we can maintain a Phalanx if need be.  Throwing spear like weapons are encouraged so we can break charges.

Gear
Helmets: Khergit cavalry helmet. Spiked Helmet,  Rus Helmet. Khergit guard helmet. Barbutte.
Armour Leather armour. Ragged Outfit. Lamellar armour. Byrnie. Rus Scale. Red mail with surcoat (if you must).
Shields:  ANY round shield
Spears: War spear. Shortened spear. Light lance. Red tassle. Awlpike. Spear. Bamboo spear. Long spears of all variety. Boar spear.
Throwing weapons: Jarids. Throwing spears. Throwing lance. Javelins.
Swords Anything with 'Short Sword' in preferably the Broad Short Sword.

The ones in bold just represent gear we are currently favouring, not definitive choices as that will be up to everyone in the unit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strategus &  Diplomacy
We will be active in Strategus as soon as more members join.  But the possibility of becoming an autonomous unit within a larger clan is likely so we have more activity in strategus and also more people to talk and play cRPG with.

Diplomacy wise: Currently totally neutral, Switzerland baby.

Code of conduct: We will contact people we intend to attack to arrange a suitable time and avoid early morning attacks. We prefer to have as minimal amount of non-battles as possible so priority attacks will be those with equipment. Generally we will try to be fair... but not stupid.

Contact Info & Members

Teamspeak IP: Nditions 62.104.20.250:10027   -- Phalanx --
Banner: To be made.
The perfect joke to finish the thread, and simultaneously making you want to join and pee your pantaloons: To be invented.
Making this thread not look like crap: Profit?
No one wanting to join this unit: Priceless

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/griffin_
Or leave a message here/pm and I will be in touch.

Members: Equal Leaders:
Phalanx_Griffin
Phalanx_Sharpe (SimonQuayle87 on steam)                               Phalanx_Gendry (Sharpes ALT)
Phalanx_Brothers  (Fallen_Ramses ALT).
Phalanx_Decimator_MkII [MadCapKatana on forums]                  Phalanx_ReVeLaTioN (Decimators ALT)
Phalanx_Theodorick (NA)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:23:06 pm by TheGriffin88 »
There is no truth only a series of interpretations.

Offline TheGriffin88

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Reserved...

Diplomacy wise: We're Switzerland at the moment.

Potential look: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:48:58 pm by TheGriffin88 »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Best of luck
Turtles

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
Griffin sux  :P

Offline TheGriffin88

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline TheGriffin88

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Teamspeak: Nditions 62.104.20.250:10027   -- Phalanx --

A massive thanks to the guys at Nditions, particularly Arked for setting it all up. Much appreciated! +1 Karma

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
I approve of this clan. We need more Units rather than clans in this community.
Best of Luck to all who have and all who have yet to join!

Offline Daniel

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daniel
Very neat. Good luck.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
full ultra support from me.

NA or EU?
Or both?
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
Best of luck indeed, to original, eldest (since Akkad) and one of the most effective military formations in existance.
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline TheGriffin88

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Marathon, Dunecat, Daniel and Huey. I really appreciate the support! Thanks I was wary about going Greek theme because of period issues but you have cemented it for me.

Marathon: Well I'm EU based but I don't see why there couldn't be a NA Phalanx too, I'm not going to Bogart the name so if you would like to use it feel free mate it could be something we could think about.

Hopefully our numbers will rise in the next few days and you will see a Phalanx on the servers. Karma points to you all :)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Hope to see some neat unit movement of great looking greek soon on the battlefield :twisted:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Good luck.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
Very nice.

What experience do you guys have? I think i remember a Griffin from the ZHG in native, as the manager of the ZHG servers...

I really like the theme you guys are presenting, and i might consider making an alt and join the Phalanx. Though i am fully commited to the Fallen Brigade, and as such might not have a lot of time within the Phalanx.

Offline Geranigus

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Internal Affairs)
  • Game nicks: (Guard) Geranigus, WMD
Sounds very interesting,
Good luck  :wink:

God bless thee; and put meekness in thy mind, love, charity, obedience, and true duty!