Poll

How do you react when someone tries to teamkill you

Wait for an admin to save the day
Kill the mofo - wild west solution

Author Topic: Intentional tk and trolls  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Intentional tk and trolls
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 06:05:04 pm »
So what made you decide to post it in general talk instead of the unban forum?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 06:06:25 pm »
Dude, this shit is old. OLD NEWS.
I loved being able to utterly destroy noobs and teamwounders on my team who so much as looked at my horse funny in spawn, but sadly those glorious days are gone. It's been at LEAST 9 months since this anti-tkrevenge rule was put in place, and there's been dozens of people in your exact situation. I can't really take your outrage seriously when you knew very well what you were doing was against the rules.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 06:07:52 pm »
Dude, this shit is old. OLD NEWS.
I loved being able to utterly destroy noobs and teamwounders on my team who so much as looked at my horse funny in spawn, but sadly those glorious days are gone. It's been at LEAST 9 months since this anti-tkrevenge rule was put in place, and there's been dozens of people in your exact situation. I can't really take your outrage seriously when you knew very well what you were doing was against the rules.

Well in fairness again to myself, the horse he whistled over was that of an enemies, he hadn't even sat on the horse before I started attacking it, so it's not like I was targeting his character with revenge at that point.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 06:09:27 pm »
So what made you decide to post it in general talk instead of the unban forum?

Because the punishment given was dis-proportionate to my offence, because I had to highlight that yet again nuffen has done such a thing, and because I've already been a victim of nuffens form of justice, and despite all that I then had to get down on my knees and apologise to the very same admin. I would apologise for team-wounding, and attacking a horse a team-mate had intention of using, but that's all I have to apologise for, and all I should have been punished for.

Yet I was punished at the same level of the guy I had a dispute with, the same person who not only team-killed me intentionally but also swung the first team-hit the following round, how can I be treated the same as such a player and be expected to not protest? I'm a man not a mouse and that isn't to say being a man is all about swallowing the bitter pill or physical strength, but the ability to endure in the name of fair treatment and true justice.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:12:56 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 06:13:48 pm »
Because the punishment given was dis-proportionate to my offence, because I had to highlight that yet again nuffen has done such a thing, and because I've already been a victim of nuffens form of justice, and despite all that I then had to get down on my knees and apologise to the very same admin. I would apologise for team-wounding, and attacking a horse a team-mate had intention of using, but that's all I have to apologise for, and all I should have been punished for.

Yes, you're accusing me of kicking you for some reason half a year ago or something. I dont even know what it was about, as Ive moved on. (recommended!). Back there, a kick was enough for you to vote for me to lose my admin powers (you say), but this time you think a kick is correct.

So

Warning - WRONG
Kick - WRONG
Ban - WRONG

What do you want me to do next time someone teamwound? hug em?

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 06:17:19 pm »
Yes, you're accusing me of kicking you for some reason half a year ago or something. I dont even know what it was about, as Ive moved on. (recommended!). Back there, a kick was enough for you to vote for me to lose my admin powers (you say), but this time you think a kick is correct.

So

Warning - WRONG
Kick - WRONG
Ban - WRONG

Now you're taking things out of context. This is yet more proof of my words.

Let's put things into context shall we, you kicked me earlier this year from an EU server for arguing with another player. This player had started trolling me and insulting me openly in server chat so I responded with a verbal defence, to which you witnessed and then instead of kicking the person who started the argument with the intention of starting the argument, you kicked me for defending myself verbally. Back then you were under the name of Lilith.

Now, in context to this recent situation, a kick would have been deserved even if I had some cause for my actions a kick would have been a severe warning but one I would have heeded, you did not give me that opportunity.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:41 pm »
+3

So

Warning - WRONG
Kick - WRONG
Ban - WRONG

Invent the banhug?

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 07:05:07 pm »
+2
*invents the banhug*

Offline Yugop

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 08:21:29 pm »
I admit I did a couple revenge tks or played around with some trolls in the past. It sucks not being able to crush those guys' heads, but in the end admins shouldn't have to think for ages before banning someone who's causing trouble. It was ok during the beta because most of the professional trolls were known (and in some cases, tolerated), but now it's clearly impossible to make a difference between the one who started and the one who's trying to defend himself.

There are no real solutions. If you come across someone who's really, really annoying, you can always use screens or fraps. Usually a banpoll works if you don't rage and explain what's happening.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 08:34:14 pm »
Well in fairness again to myself, the horse he whistled over was that of an enemies, he hadn't even sat on the horse before I started attacking it, so it's not like I was targeting his character with revenge at that point.

you teamwounded
you were warned repeatedly but did not follow an admin's orders
you sought revenge

These actions demonstrate a contempt of other players or, at the very least, vigilantism.  Bans exist specifically to keep those kinds of attitudes out of the game until the hot-headed player has cooled off.   If you were warned you would have ignored it, if you were kicked you would have re-entered the game, and if you were banned you might have cooled off.  The ban is warranted.  Move on.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 09:43:45 pm »
Comments like these mean I'm incorrect?

No.

They simply show you don't like me, and you're supporting people you do like.

Doesn't justify my ban.

I think I've posted atleast 3 posts of what justified your ban. You're the one who's shitposting all over cRPG forums, screaming "admin abooze" just like a little child, who can't accept they did something wrong and got punished for it (even though harshly). Move on or leave.

I admit that I am greatly enjoying you whine though, because every shit that you think is wrong, you start vomiting over the forums - just like the time you posted how attacks "missed" your block.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:47:21 pm by Vibe »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »
+2
The situation have been solved in the ban/unban forum, can we please stop this discussion?

PS: Wolves is a nice clan :)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 10:32:08 pm »
+1
I like bunnies.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 10:39:44 pm »
Why?  Is 'You can't play on this particular server for one hour' some extreme measure?  (Frankly, a player who feels that way could probably use the hour break.)

The first goal of admins  to protect the rule-abiding players from bad apples, not to gently coax each hot-headed individual player to follow the rules in the most gentle possible way.

Anyway, what's more likely to dissuade a player from intentional team-attacking:  'Oh no, I might have to reconnect if an admin catches and kicks me!' or 'I might be banned for an hour'?  It's like drunk driving.  When someone gets caught, it's quite unlikely it was their first time doing it.  If you punish on the assumption that the only time they've ever done it just happens to be this time they've been caught, the consequences aren't strong enough to serve as a deterrent.  "Oh dear, about one out of ten times that I intentionally team-attack, an admin will see me and I'll get kicked??  Lol whatever."

But maybe more importantly, like I said before:  If the admin just immediately bans a player they see intentionally team-attacking, then they can get right back to watching everyone else.  If they take the time to listen to a bunch of whine stories about 'who started it', they're probably going to miss the next person doing it.

That's exactly why we need warnings before banning (drama threads), and why kicks are a good warning. Everybody see it and understand the message (no "I was fighting" excuses). If an admin kicks for whatever offense, could it be TA, TK, siege equipment breaking, killing horses whistled by allies, kicking allies out of cover, slowing people down by running in front of them or any of those "being an ass" behaviors that aren't listed in the rules, then only real trolls will retaliate after they come back. First recidivism should mean 1h ban. But banning on the first offense is not going to speed up the process as you will ban much more normal people and get a bajillion drama threads, and isn't more effective at all. If people know the second offense means a ban, they will stop. Only trolls will be banned that way.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 11:11:07 pm »