Poll

How do you react when someone tries to teamkill you

Wait for an admin to save the day
Kill the mofo - wild west solution

Author Topic: Intentional tk and trolls  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Intentional tk and trolls
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 05:07:12 pm »
And all you show, Murmillus, is that you're butthurt as shit over a simple ban.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 05:09:19 pm »
And all you show, Murmillus, is that you're butthurt as shit over a simple ban.

Comments like these mean I'm incorrect?

No.

They simply show you don't like me, and you're supporting people you do like.

Doesn't justify my ban.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 05:12:37 pm »
+1
Murmillus, if you had a drop of rationality in that lump you call a head, you would've slapped yourself hard, apologised and gone on with your life(?).

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »
Murmillus, if you had a drop of rationality in that lump you call a head, you would've slapped yourself hard, apologised and gone on with your life(?).

I would apologise for petty revenge if I was punished for petty revenge with a proportionate punishment.

Than an equal punishment of someone who did not only team-kill but then initiated the first team-attack the following round in defence of a horse he whistled for which I attacked, and also continued to try to kill me after I got the initial payback hit which was despite being my rage the position I would have left the situation had he not continued to fight me.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:15:23 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 05:14:51 pm »
If you have problem with admin that simply means you did something wrong.

Revenge tk is not allowed, if you did it and get caught you got to face the consequences.
I don't say it's wrong, i don't say it's fair, i just say it's the rules.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 05:15:44 pm »
If you have problem with admin that simply means you did something wrong.

Revenge tk is not allowed, if you did it and get caught you got to face the consequences.
I don't say it's wrong, i don't say it's fair, i just say it's the rules.

I didn't team-kill anyone.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 05:19:50 pm »
This is what it boils down to when you've run out of rational argument, light trolling. Yet you're an admin, showing everyone it's ok to wind up other players, other members of this community for lulz to lure them into a trap in which they can be incriminated, sure is a great example you're setting this community.

What arguement do I need to present?

Here is the thing:

This thread is a bunch of players discussing with a bunch of other players on the subject of the rules and how they are enforced. To be perfectly blunt, this will change nothing as non of you have anything to do with the rules. If this was presented to the people who are actually in charge of the rules then this might actually change something, but this is just some thread in General Discussion about a bunch of players saying "this rule makes sense, this one does not, this is ab00ze and this should never happen yadda yadda yadda." Okay... So?

Last I checked, this is not a democracy, so if you get a couple dozen players out of the 12K+ who play this game to say "this needs to be changed" then nothing will happen, just like the vast majority of the "game suggestion" threads in the suggestions forum.

If you want something official changed, go to the administration, as your peers don't have jack-diddly-shit to do with the rules so them agreeing or disagreeing with you is pretty much worthless.

EDIT:
For clarity, if this was talking about some Game Admin Abuse then yes this thread might have merit, but the problem is that Nuffen did not act out of norm, he did what has been going on for months and months and months on what happens when two team mates are attacking each other. They both were punished.

The problem is that you want to change "standard operating procedure" and not "this Game Admin did something unusual." Nuffen did what other Game Admins have done countless times, and the rules do support his decisions. If you want to change the actual rules and procedures, expect a very steep uphill battle with Administration. After all, they like the current rules enough to have made them official, kinda says something.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:30:47 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 05:31:23 pm »
+1
Sorry Murmilus i readed the op and answered to him.

I don't know your case in details, but i guess you did something that is not allowed in the rules.
you are a veteran and i guess it's your first ban, i realy understand that you are upset, but complaining about admin is not a solution.
I mean it's a hard job, and they have to deal with the dumbest player (which you're not) but the can't make the difference between you and a dumb.
It's impossible for admin (except if they stop to play and just watch) to be hard with recurent grieffers and cool with a player who just get upset one time.
A warning should be cool, but when you have to deal with 10 dumb guys if the 11th is not dumb you will treat him like the 10 dumb.
Put yourself in position of admin and you will see that it's complicated.

We are all the same, and it could happen to me, but i guess that recognize his fault and apologize is the shorter way to be unban.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 05:33:19 pm »
As a member of the Troll Clan™, I feel it is my civic duty to respond.

I don't know you are Murmillus, I have never seen you before in game. I don't know Nuffen nor do I play on the servers gernerally, that Nuffen admins. I have no side in this whatever this is suppose to be exactly.

You admit to intentionally teamkilling someone. You were watched and observed by an admin for teamkilling someone. The rules clearly state no teamkilling for any reason, even revenge.

You deserved the ban. It's very simple. Quit crying about it. This entire thread is stupid and pointless.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 05:38:11 pm »
As a member of the Troll Clan™, I feel it is my civic duty to respond.

I don't know you are Murmillus, I have never seen you before in game. I don't know Nuffen nor do I play on the servers gernerally, that Nuffen admins. I have no side in this whatever this is suppose to be exactly.

You admit to intentionally teamkilling someone. You were watched and observed by an admin for teamkilling someone. The rules clearly state no teamkilling for any reason, even revenge.

You deserved the ban. It's very simple. Quit crying about it. This entire thread is stupid and pointless.

(click to show/hide)
Technically he did not Teamkill, he was just trying to team kill and was banned while in the proccess of his attempt. Regardless, teamwounding carries the same penalties.
(click to show/hide)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 05:51:16 pm »
What arguement do I need to present?

Here is the thing:

This thread is a bunch of players discussing with a bunch of other players on the subject of the rules and how they are enforced. To be perfectly blunt, this will change nothing as non of you have anything to do with the rules. If this was presented to the people who are actually in charge of the rules then this might actually change something, but this is just some thread in General Discussion about a bunch of players saying "this rule makes sense, this one does not, this is ab00ze and this should never happen yadda yadda yadda." Okay... So?

Last I checked, this is not a democracy, so if you get a couple dozen players out of the 12K+ who play this game to say "this needs to be changed" then nothing will happen, just like the vast majority of the "game suggestion" threads in the suggestions forum.

If you want something official changed, go to the administration, as your peers don't have jack-diddly-shit to do with the rules so them agreeing or disagreeing with you is pretty much worthless.

EDIT:
For clarity, if this was talking about some Game Admin Abuse then yes this thread might have merit, but the problem is that Nuffen did not act out of norm, he did what has been going on for months and months and months on what happens when two team mates are attacking each other. They both were punished.

The problem is that you want to change "standard operating procedure" and not "this Game Admin did something unusual." Nuffen did what other Game Admins have done countless times, and the rules do support his decisions. If you want to change the actual rules and procedures, expect a very steep uphill battle with Administration. After all, they like the current rules enough to have made them official, kinda says something.

You're saying it's standard operating procedure to ban, completely disregarding the actions, the context and the reasons for the actions being taken, ignoring the other option available, being a kick.

A kick was what I deserved and I admit to deserving, a kick would have been an efficient way to end the disruption immediately if the admin did not know the entire details of the motives of each individual involved then at least he'd have a reason to ban them if they re-connected and continued to wrongly disrupt other people and or personally attack the admin who carried out the punishment, a ban is something which should be given to people who commit offences with intent, pre-meditated co-ordination, with intention to upset other players, or and who are also known to behave in a way which can be conceived as a clear attempt to ruin game-play by breaking severe rules and taking actions such as purpose team-killing and other more severe offences on the server.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:53:05 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 05:54:42 pm »
Solution:

Use fraps and make a ban thread

And watch it drop to the bottom with 0 replies. :wink:

(click to show/hide)

Offline hyena

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Sausage and Egg McMuffin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hyena
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 05:55:27 pm »
Sorry, I really am not seeing why there is so much drama  :rolleyes:.

If you had not had a huge rant and started crying about it, you could have simply made a nice little apology and stated you would not do it again. Hell, explain the situation in a calm manner and what actually brought it all on. Pretty sure you would have just got unbanned and a slap on the wrist. They may be a bit kick/ban happy sometimes but they usually relent if someone makes a genuine apology.

So yeah, you just shot yourself in the foot.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 05:59:36 pm »

If you had not had a huge rant and started crying about it, you could have simply made a nice little apology and stated you would not do it again. Hell, explain the situation in a calm manner and what actually brought it all on. Pretty sure you would have just got unbanned and a slap on the wrist. They may be a bit kick/ban happy sometimes but they usually relent if someone makes a genuine apology.

Rationale dosnt work on the internet.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 06:03:16 pm »

I was a bit arrogant in my initial post of the thread which I first informed the community of my complaint, but again I was angry that Nuffen/Lilith had taken harsh action on me with no rational justification, and again it's the second occurrence to which Nuffen/Lilith has taken dis-proportionate action on myself, the first which occurred at a much earlier date. This coupled up with the numerous nuffen abuse threads which have popped up now and then for over 9 months gave me cause to put my case across in such a manner.

Not forgetting that I had recently come off the server with a ban, after being first team-killed intentionally, then team-wounded intentionally to which I retaliated, and that's where I went wrong, retaliation, but had nuffen had done his job with as much eagerness he had to press his ban button then the offender wouldn't have been given the opportunity to further team-wound me after team-killing me the previous round.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:05:50 pm by Murmillus_Prime »