Author Topic: Power Draw in cRPG  (Read 5607 times)

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
Re: Power Draw in cRPG
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 03:58:25 pm »
They Nerfed Bows because they were Op...they nerfed them again cuz ppl was starting to get used to the nerf and made other builds that made them accurate and "OP" once again! Then they nerfed theyre speed, animation, dmg +++ and now its boring to play as a archer :(

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 04:54:47 pm »
I'm beginning to think you've never played an FPS, because archery in c-rpg is NOTHING like any FPS I've ever played.

Shoot bow.
Make lunch.
Run to the store.
Learn a foreign language.
Come back just in time to find your target realized his shoe was untied and ducked the arrow.
Rage.
Repeat.

For a fallen you sure seem to be doing it wrong.  Cut the bullshit about archers, I have one just for lulz and to go trolling on because it's easy.  Perforated_Prostate.  Used to be Moneyshot.  I've always had an archer alt to go be a fucktard on when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to put effort into melee.  Hell, I run naked with a horn bow and barbed arrows and a damned practice sword and still come out positive on the kdr side.

The other fallen seem to have no problem with archery AT ALL, so maybe you should stop skipping those clan meetings and train with them to see what you're doing wrong.  Just sayin'.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Nelo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Nelo
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 06:56:13 pm »
tbh i dont know if wolves_nelo told his true build but it seems 6pd are more then enough.
I have 21 str (ok no if) and 60+ armor everywhere and he always could kill me with 2 shots of his longbow.
So if you heirloom bow +3 and arrows +3 you gonna really rock and dont seem to need more pd cause your damage is ridicolous.
=> no need to discuss about more pd ;)

I always tell the truth :D

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 06:24:59 am »
So I finished my test, and these are my findings (for PD5-8 and 150 Archery unless otherwise noted):

• Power Draw decreased my accuracy for all bows, and the more Power Draw I had, the less accurate I was.
• Power Draw also decreased my arrows per minute for each point allocated (except for a particular case, see below).
• WPF increases the hold time of your reticle by increasing your draw speed (giving you more time before your reticle starts to become inaccurate); comparing 6PD 170WPF & 8PD 150 WPF, the lower PD and higher WPF character was able to hold the reticle longer (by a noted amount).

If you want to be accurate, be able to hold your reticle, and draw a bit faster; go with less PD and more WPF.
If you want to be hard-hitting, and have faster arrow flight; go with more PD.
Beyond that, I can't recommend anything. I can post any other bow screenshots upon request.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Askorti

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 03:53:44 pm »
Wait, what? So a stronger person, who is more used to drawing a bow have... lower speed and accuracy than some weakling who just started to do archery? Yeah, that sounds soo logical... :rolleyes:

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 04:12:41 pm »
Wait, what? So a stronger person, who is more used to drawing a bow have... lower speed and accuracy than some weakling who just started to do archery? Yeah, that sounds soo logical... :rolleyes:
And what? You going to balance the game with "realism"?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 04:14:53 pm »
And what? You going to balance the game with "realism"?

Well, they did rebalance bows with the realism card, so anything goes now!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 04:23:54 pm »
Well, they did rebalance bows with the realism card, so anything goes now!

Okay sure then :

Archers get reduced arrow speed everytime they shoot due to fatigue, after twenty arrows the drawing speed is reduced by 50%.
Mail armor with padded jacks users are immune to arrows. (body, not face)
Tincans are completely immune to arrows except weakspots like under armpits/ eye slits on helmet.

You sure you wanna get into realism?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:25:31 pm by Mtemtko »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 04:29:47 pm »
Okay sure then :

Archers get reduced arrow speed everytime they shoot due to fatigue, after twenty arrows the drawing speed is reduced by 50%.
Tincans are completely immune to arrows except weakspots like under armpits/ eye slits on helmet.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,13534.0.html

Sure, because after three or five months of that, if we also extended it to eveyrhting else (including melee) then people would actually realize how much realism sucks and the forum would see 80% less siuggestions having to do with it. I want to see Gothic Plate be as tough as Gothic plate really is (and more expensive), let people have something new to complain about as they see what "real" armour does to silly little side swords.

It would also be hilarious to see full speed "horse bumps" one-shot people like they did historically.

Though mail with padded jack would still have small amounts of damage inflicted to the user if using bodkins and a powerful bow. Transitional armour and up though would be immune certainly, perhaps literally 1 point of damage at best to represent the "buffeting."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:31:10 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Askorti

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 04:49:51 pm »
Okay sure then :

I said logic, not realism. Situation, where stronger person is actually weaker (he cant stay still with his bow) is not logical. Bow being able to pierce through plate is logical, but unrealistic, so it's not as bad as mentioned by Me situation.
Also, if you'd want to have realism on this level, then running, jumping, slashing should make you tired over time, cheap horses should have own AI and NEVER charge at a soldier. Also, horseman should fall off his horse even, if he's no dead yet. I could count further, but our matter is not about realism, but logic.

Offline ReLeNtLeSs

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Your tears fuel my Power Draw.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Falllen_ReLeNtLeSs
  • IRC nick: ReLeNtLeSs
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 05:56:52 pm »
For a fallen you sure seem to be doing it wrong.  Cut the bullshit about archers, I have one just for lulz and to go trolling on because it's easy.  Perforated_Prostate.  Used to be Moneyshot. I've always had an archer alt to go be a fucktard on when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to put effort into melee.  Hell, I run naked with a horn bow and barbed arrows and a damned practice sword and still come out positive on the kdr side.
The other fallen seem to have no problem with archery AT ALL, so maybe you should stop skipping those clan meetings and train with them to see what you're doing wrong.  Just sayin'.

Doing it wrong, me? Never.

I guess you have missed the MULTIPLE threads from some of my clanmates and others about the exact same issues, but as for the rest of your statement. (SEE BOLD)

:lol:

You giant fucking troll.  :wink:

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 03:15:33 am »

I'm a real archer and I made my own 90 pounds english-warbow and arrows...
and im able to draw the bow for 15 sec and then I'm aways able to shot accurate.
So I know what I'm talking about :wink:

Sorry if my english is not perfect...

sure .... sure....cpt. superman.  I can jump 2 meter high  with 360° rotation and 1 sec later ill hit a target 2000 meters away with my  self made warbow,
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 10:50:59 am »
sure .... sure....cpt. superman.  I can jump 2 meter high  with 360° rotation and 1 sec later ill hit a target 2000 meters away with my  self made warbow,

Realy?

You must be batman...

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 02:34:02 pm »
Realy?

You must be batman...

No iam a rl archer...
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.