Author Topic: Power Draw in current version of cRPG?  (Read 6221 times)

Offline KingKessler

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • I am a singer now, later I go town cryer business
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Schildbruder_Berlusconi
Re: Power Draw in current version of cRPG?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 01:10:43 pm »
3. Dedicated Archer: 24 Str, 18 Agi. 3 Ath, 8 PD, 6 WM.

I had this one for quite some time. But I outperform myself with a 18/21 archer.

8 PD means you need less hits, but you are hitting less. The improvement in damage doesnt justify the loss in accuracy.

With 6 PD almost every target needs 2,5 hits. (Except tincans, they want a long bow, I speak in rus bow.) 8 PD you take a lot down with only 2 hits, but the arrows fly in all directions.

4. The other thing is, there is an STR18/AGI24 archer. (just invest PS into STATS). Hes a pain for any melee fighter with his incredible fast Nike shoes. Dont forget this one
Silvio Berlusconi born 29 September 1136 is an Italian archer, the current Archer Minister of Italy, as well as an entrepreneur. He is also known under the nickname Il Cavaliere (literally, The Knight).

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 07:20:07 pm »
i made an archer alt 24/15 with 8PD and cant even hold hornbow more than a second before I start losing recticle, what gives?  I thought I'd be able to hold lower bows a LONG time

Offline Jayne_Cobbb

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 11:36:26 pm »
As an archer that has played nothing else (except a skill 13 shielder :) ), I can tell you that there are many variables to accuracy, not just crosshair size. 

The speed of the arrow for example.  IF people can just stepp out of the way, what is the point of having a small crosshair?  Also, having the accuracy big, but being able to drop anyone does no good either.  I recommend  the Rus bow, 8 pd, 6 WM, and 6 Athletics.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 11:49:46 pm »
At level 30 you get 3ATHL 8PD and 6WM.
To get the extra 3 ATHL you would have to make a level 31 build (and convert the attribute point into two more skill points) which is pretty pointless, since you should ideally either retire at 31 or go even higher for a proper 32 or 33 build.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 05:51:29 am »
+1
Not if its meant to be an alt then building for 31 is fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 05:55:23 am »
Not if its meant to be an alt then building for 31 is fine.

True, very true, 3 for alts does make a lot of sense. Never mind then.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 06:55:29 pm »
I'm currently trying a very heavy strength build for archer. 

The build:
Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 27
    Agility: 12
    Hit points: 62

Skills to attributes: 8

Ironflesh: 0
    Power Strike: 6
    Shield: 0
    Athletics: 4
    Riding: 0
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 9
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 4

One Handed: 1
    Two Handed: 1
    Polearm: 1
    Archery: 139
    Crossbow: 1
    Throwing: 1

The hypothesis: With nerf to arrow speed + nerf to cut damage long range is dead, long live medium short range!  The increased shoot speed from 9 power draw should compensate for any accuracy concerns, and with 27 str and 6 ps I should be able to hold my own in melee.  Ideally this build will 1 shot peasants and low strength builds, 2-3 shot light armors, and maybe even pester heavy armor.

Conclusion:  Not there yet, currently at 24/12 w/ 8 powerdraw.  I'm undecided so far... sometimes my accuracy feels great but I've been having a noticeable difficulty hitting cav from medium long range, something that was cake on earlier archer builds (most recent of which being 15/24).  People who juke a lot are still a pain which I thought would be remedied with such high power draw and assumed shoot speed.   Maybe the extra power draw will make a difference.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 10:33:56 pm »
+1
Power draw is black magic.

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 03:17:15 am »
+1
So I finished my test, and these are my findings (for PD5-8 and 150 Archery unless otherwise noted):

• Power Draw decreased my accuracy for all bows, and the more Power Draw I had, the less accurate I was.
• Power Draw also decreased my arrows per minute for each point allocated (except for a particular case, see below).
• WPF increases the hold time of your reticle by increasing your draw speed (giving you more time before your reticle starts to become inaccurate); comparing 6PD 170WPF & 8PD 150 WPF, the lower PD and higher WPF character was able to hold the reticle longer (by a noted amount).

If you want to be accurate, be able to hold your reticle, and draw a bit faster; go with less PD and more WPF.
If you want to be hard-hitting, and have faster arrow flight; go with more PD.
Beyond that, I can't recommend anything. I can post any other bow screenshots upon request.

(click to show/hide)