Author Topic: More power to short 2h and polearms for better weapons variety.  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: More power to short 2h and polearms for better weapons variety.
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 04:05:51 pm »
Okay but that won't fix the problem, a lot of people fight by outranging (which I agree is gay) enemies with shorter weapons. Buffing shorter weapon damage won't really fix that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:10:30 pm by Vibe »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 04:20:54 pm »
Yeah it will, creates a pro vs con situation.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Yugop

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 05:06:33 pm »
I find some short 2h to be more useful than swords in some situations. In siege, a 2h mace will prove more efficient in the end.
But overall it's true using 2h axes and maces is a lot more challenging than just waving around the DAN15 GR8SW0RD of pwnage.
On a side note, I can still manage to kill horses with a greatsword, even with the new stab. Intended ?

I wouldn't mind a buff honestly. With no thrust, weapons like the great axe or bardiche have no purpose : for pure damage, one will always prefer the morning star, especially now the crushthrough has been replaced by bonus against shields.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 06:22:38 pm »
I find some short 2h to be more useful than swords in some situations. In siege, a 2h mace will prove more efficient in the end.
But overall it's true using 2h axes and maces is a lot more challenging than just waving around the DAN15 GR8SW0RD of pwnage.
On a side note, I can still manage to kill horses with a greatsword, even with the new stab. Intended ?

I wouldn't mind a buff honestly. With no thrust, weapons like the great axe or bardiche have no purpose : for pure damage, one will always prefer the morning star, especially now the crushthrough has been replaced by bonus against shields.

Tbh some 2h axes could lose unbalanced.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2011, 12:21:10 am »
Tbh some 2h axes could lose unbalanced.

don't play with 2h axes they are fine, they are pretty much the only ones that can be used from horseback except morning star, longsword and the bastards

some of the maces e.g. barmace, long iron mace that lost their crushthrough could do with a damage or speed buff to make them more appealing than the swords.

At the moment swords will be more popular than most low teir 2h because they are in everyway better, high damage, balanced, good speed and great raech.

Maces and axes have only high damage, and often not that much more.

@ OP, shorter 2h weapons have great speed and their damage is fine, a buff to that is not justified. HBS still 2/3 shots most people using an 18:21 build, hardly weak.  If you want to kill people easier get more ps. :P
Turtles

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2011, 02:04:28 am »
Meh, I don't see why all 2h axes carry the unbalanced tag. Without thrust, animations are not that much better than their pole counterparts, and I'd love to see more 2h axewielders (currently there're like none, the unbalanced tag means you sacrifice alot for that shieldbreak, there's little reason not to go pole if you want to use an axe).

As for axes from horrseback, afaik, the moringstar seems superior due to actually having the damage to kill stuff even after horseack reduction.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2011, 04:47:27 am »
I 1hit most people with two handed war axe and persian battle axe from horse back.

As you said it makes sence to use a polearm for shield breaking because their weapons are better suited for it.

Also 2h axes deal a much higher raw damage than the morningstar and have better reach making them far better suited for fighting your average opponent.

If im not with a flamberge you'll normally find me with a HBS and an axe.
Turtles

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1135
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2011, 11:28:24 am »
Longsword should have +1 slash damage to make it more appealing than HBS.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 12:53:52 pm »
I think that there should be atleast one higher tier 2-h axe
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 01:01:06 pm »
I think that there should be atleast one higher tier 2-h axe

A balanced one.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2256
  • Infamy: 1492
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:13 pm »
Longsword should have +1 slash damage to make it more appealing than HBS.

Quoted for justice!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 04:22:00 am »
It's kind of sad, that there are more than TWICE as many 2 handers than 1 handers on the BATTLEFIELD...

it's kind of sad, that there are more than TRIPLE as many polearms than 2handers on the BATTLEFIELD...

thomek i agree with you tho. after playing a lot with all kind of weapons, i found that reach in big battles is a real advantage. i can't say how many times the sword of war saved me while the claymore wich is 7cm shorter than a danish, didn't.

reach is invaluable because can let you handle some 5vs5 brawl situation (when flanking and when engaging-disengaging).
we really need some love for the shorter weapons. but a damage buff would be nonsense.. why a already fast bastard sword should match or go near the damage of a way longer and heavier weapon? and that will modify the DPS (the speed/damage ratio would be screwed)

I 1hit most people with two handed war axe and persian battle axe from horse back.

As you said it makes sence to use a polearm for shield breaking because their weapons are better suited for it.

Also 2h axes deal a much higher raw damage than the morningstar and have better reach making them far better suited for fighting your average opponent.

If im not with a flamberge you'll normally find me with a HBS and an axe.

yes... polearm infantry (besides pikes) purpose is shieldbreaking while they have a not so good crushthru weapon too... the problem are the jack-of-all-trades poleaxes (balanced, shieldbreaking, awesome pierce, near the best swing damage and most of all stun)

example this
(click to show/hide)

is a really good stunner and shieldbreaker on a 13/27 build i'm testing... and it's cheap too.

we see a lot of people using low tier polearms (battleforks, long axes, military scythes) but almost noone with low tier 2handed besides hybrid xbowmen
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:36:00 am by Corrado_Decimo »